This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
My son is in Ship 09 Division 140 if anyone wants to join me in a discussion. I have found this site incredibly helpful and supportive

Views: 328

Replies to This Discussion

I do. Oh my goodness I cant believe it I have been looking for this ship and divsiion for two days. I made one too. My son is in there too. What is the last you heard from your son? A letter a call?
We got a quick phone call to be sure we and family were safe when the "tsunami" was hitting the west coast. I had mailed a blank card/envelope and stamps and he got the hint! We are in Grants Pass Oregon now, and I and my Dad will attend PIR. How about you?
Yes my husband and I are going. Did he sound ok? I think this week they will doing the physical fitness test. He has wrote once to us and I will be looking for antoher one this thursday. we live in northern calif. how are you guys with the "tusnami" How old is your son? My son is 25.
where in No Cal? We lived in Weaverville for over 20 years. My son is turning 25 this month. I think the fitness tests would be the most nerve wracking! I was not home. He sounded rushed. He is not much of a talker on the phone.We are inland, I think he wanted to be sure his sister in Sac was ok (I am shocked how low their elevation is) and my folks on the Oregon Coast - all fine, thanks
We live in Fairfield. In the middle of sacramento and san francisco. by travis air force base.  well we will both waiting to hear about their test sometime this week. how did your son decide to go into the navy. he wanted air force but the recruiter was never there for him. we suggested navy and he went and they took care of him. we are very proud. there were just no jobs here and he wasnt going anywhere for a career so now he can get a good trade. His job will be a machine repairman. What is your son doing in the navy? so glad to have this site too. glad to hear all is fine there. your daughter not to far from here in Sac.
I have friends that own Athenian Grill not far from you. have you ever eaten there? Son was "treading water" (and job market has been awful) . I am SO excited about the potential for him in the Navy. he will be a fire controlman. I really wish all high school grads went into the service or had to do community service. I just think the world would be a better place.
i think thats in Suisun and no I havent eaten there. Sounds like a good job for him and I agree about community service for the young people. Are we the only ones on here for ship 09 div 140? Do you follow much on what they do each week? we have an outline for each week and they are even to get paid in the third week. its so much information but without hearing it from him its tough. my son doesnt talk much on the phone either but his first letter was not too bad for first time writing a letter. Be glad to get another one hopefully by Thursday. I am just glad I have you talk to being in the same area as my son. please let me know if you get a call and I will let you know too. take care.
We got a phone call! But I was at work. If it is always the same time I will adjust my work schedule. He called at 1:30 our time.My husband talked to him.
we got a call the same time I was at work and husband was out. he left a msg and tried his sister and she didnt pick up and he called his recruiter and left a msg. i dont know if they get anymore calls. the good news i got a letter from him today. he sounded positive he was close on passing his PFA and studying for a test he would have taken this past Monday. He had dental work and had four teeth pulled he hates the dentist and he has two filings coming up. well let me know how he is doing and did he talk about the work outs they are doing?. glad to hear he was able to call and your husband was there to get the call. talk to you later.
Hi!  My son is 21 and he's in this division.  I'm glad to hear from other parents.  I heard from my son a couple of times now, one phone call about 3 weeks in and two short letters.  He sounds stressed.  He's worried about the physical fitness tests.  I'll have to look at the schedule you're referring to.  I'm glad to talk to you!
Hi Talia, Welcome on N4M. My son was stressed in first two letters but his last one we was more confident. Your son will do fine. They will work with him to get him to pass. They dont anyone to fail. I missed my son's third week call but in the last letter he mentioned it but didnt seem too stressed out that he didnt get a hold of anyone. Anytime you want to share get on here and we will help keep you strong. Keep flooding him with mail full of encouragement and he will do fine.
I am surprised at how much it helps to talk to other Moms. Looking forward to April 22.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service