This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
My 19 yr old son Tony is in this ship--going for navy Corpsman Fleet marine

Views: 524

Replies to This Discussion

judy thanks for the info on the meet and greet too!! i know the feeling about the phone call...i had a youth group dinner at church and when i checked my phone it had a missed call from a unknown # i have been fretting all day and praying it wasn't josh calling...i have voice mail and there wasn't one left so i'm guessing not him...praying not him....hope everyone has a great week and we all get letters letting us know what is happening!!!!
Well Cheryl as soon as I hear anything I will report to everyone! I am so nervous....... I know we all love our children and will be checking daily everyone have a great week and if your like me try to stay busy! LOL
I GOT A LETTER!!!!!! I know why we recieved no calls this weekend........... My son said that someone from their brother div threw a wrapped brownie at one of the guys in 168, and he threw it back! So they all paid for that dearly, not sure how but my son really did not say much the letter was dated on 4/6. He just said they do have scheduled phone calls coming up soon so stay close to our phones Ladies! He did say he did good on his Tuesday test he said nothing about the Drill inspection they had! I can't wait for my phone call so I can get answers about their HOF.... If they made it or not! He said Wednesday he was getting a "peanut butter shot" LOL ..... If I hear anything else I will report guys Have a good day!
I also got a letter from Josh today and he also told me about the brownie..said the brother div. gives his div. a hard time because they can't have sweets, but they have been doing better than their brother division in everything they have done. Josh said everyone in their division passed test 2 and they passed their drill assessment. They scored a 4.4 with no failures on the test 2. He also said they are suppose to have a phone call sometime. Was a very short letter to me this time because he also wrote his sister which he would never have done...the Navy is definately changing.
Wont be long now........
I am so glad you got a letter Ij...... I think our 168 guy should not have threw the brownie back !!!! LOL I know they are frustrated but it wasn't worth it to the 168 division.... Why can't they have sweets? My son is not a sweet eater but just wandering why no sweets? I am really glad you got a letter! 10 days more........ a week from today is BS... I will not sleep ! Hang in their Ladies!
cathy and judy I'M JEALOUS!! lol i haven't gotten a letter but hopefully get one wed...it's kind of funny that they get in trouble over a brownie but not that they got in trouble! I can hardly believe it is only 10 days!!!YAHHHHH!!! i'll let you know what josh writes in his letter and i can't wait for that phone call!!! judy i can tell navy is changing them too...just little things but it's starting to show!! keeping everyone and all our sailors in my prayers!!
I am proud to share what ever I hear, I hope we get our calls soon the entire division is suppose to be gettting them! Cheryl I am sry you did not recieve a letter, but maybe a phone call soon will do ..... I agree our boys are now true gentlemen and remember the 19th Battle Station I will pray for all of them and stay awake till I hear if they made it! I am proud of all of our boys! My prayers are with them everyday 24/7 I know they are exhausted and ready to graduate.....
Ok pretty ladies! We need to all try and wear a pink scarf to the graduation so we can spot one another! You can't miss me a I have a head of curly red hair and will have a pink scarf on.
OKay Moe You rock, you answered my question, without asking! LOL Pink Scarf it shall be, I love the color pink!!!!! This is a great Idea! We getting close guys! I am so excited!
Hi there everyone. This is the first time I have posted on here but I check here regularly to see if there is any new news. I don't have a pink scarf but I will find something pink to tie on my purse. I saw a comment on another division post saying to tie something on your purse in the correct color if you did not have a scarf. So that is my plan. Look forward to meeting you.
Welcome, Marcyk....glad to have you aboard so to speak! Pink, well I guess I can do pink scarf on my purse...not a pink person but okay:)

Moe....can't wait to see that pink scarf with your curly red hair LOL.
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I am not really a pink person either but I am with you about being excited to see Moe's red hair and pink scarf. Those colors are really going to 'pop' as they say.
Keep the info coming...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service