This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

my son is on ship 3 div 149. have no ideai how any of this works. just received his address from recruiter yesterday. sent all my letters to him this am. not sure when his PIR is? Guess I'm waiting on the Offical ltr. ???

Views: 532

Replies to This Discussion

My son called today, too. I was glad because the last time the division got to call he was SIQ and couldn't call. We had a great talk and he filled me in on a lot. Very excited. The last test, firefighting, drill inspection, BS21, and Captain's Cup are all that's left. It seemed that it was all going so slow and now BC's almost over. He told me he flied out for Pensacola very early Saturday morning. I figured that would happen but I was hoping for more time to see him. 

Definitely keep praying for them, especially for BS on Thursday night. They need to stay focused and pass this test.

Chimelle- My son said he thought he might fly out early Saturday morning too- They might be going together! Maybe family can meet them at the airport to spend a little more time with them depending on how early it is.... .  I was also hoping for more time- Will be praying all this week!

Yes, we'll be going to the airport to meet him. We can take their things they want at school to the airport to give to them. They must be in an all black backpack or duffel bag. I bet they will be flying out together! He said he thought it was 2 or 3 am. Early-but I don't care if we have to miss sleeping until after he leaves. I want every moment possible to see him. He won't be done with schooling until October so we won't see him for quite awhile.
WOW- that is a long time. I don't think J knew when he would be done with A School-, but he thought it was for more weeks than originally told. Thanks for the tip on the black duffel bag- will save having to ship things to him. I think we can go on the concourse with them because we are family???
Well all A schools are different. for example, my SR will be in A school until mid september. While another lady I've met, her SR is only in A school for one month.
I love phone calls!!!!!!!!!  My SR is still coughing but says he is feeling so much better.  As for the gas chamber, he did not mention it either.   Did talk a lot about graduation, seeing family again and anxious for A school.  I did ask about battle stations, he said he has not heard of an official day they would go through.  Does anyone know for sure when this will take place.  The Battle stations discussion mentions this coming Thurs. - Friday for division 149-150, so I took Friday off work so I would be home all day for the " I'm a Sailor " call, but now I don't know what to think.

I too got a call from my SR today!!!!!- He said Battle Stations is 4/20-4/21...he even verified it while talking to me with another SR on the phones---HA---and he said only one day in SIQ - and is over his cold mostly ..The gas chamber cleared him out!  He said it felt like getting punched in the gut. But did ok with it- He said 4 more things to do before they are done- Fire Fighting Drill on Monday- Test- last academic one on Tuesday which is the Final test over everything -(not sure i have those in order)  A final Drill inspection - and Battle Stations- He said today was 6/2 on hold- and Monday will then begin 6/3.  He also is so ready to be done. He asked for prayer for the Division- it is like they do really really well, and then they don't, and then they do really well, and then they don't- so it has been like riding a wave. He is so ready to graduate. He earned his Expert Marksmanship  which I just knew he would- only three in the Division got them. He also said he is Grad and Go- so will be leaving to Pensacola A School  on Saturday. Not sure what time his orders say the flights are- but he said he would have time with us on Friday- but then back to Base Friday - pack- and next day leave for the airport.

He said they had to strip some floor and re-wax it today.

Only two more weeks Mom's- I am so ready to see them. !!!!!  Keep praying-

Wait... battlestations is 4/20-4/21? my SR told me Thursday and Friday which is 4/21-4/22. I've heard it from a few other mom's as well. Mine told me he would be calling next friday.

Also mine didn't mention anything about the Fire Fighting Drill. He said all they had left was academic test and he said it was on Monday.

Now I'm confused :/

Well- sounds like maybe my son had it confused then- or the ones he was with had it confused. I think if most mom's are saying Thursday and Friday- then maybe that is right- plus it is what the Battle Stations discussion did say 21-22.

That's what I was thinking. However I saw 148 has battlestations the 19-20, and I don't think they like to leave a day open with no battlestations going on. I don't know, hopefully later today some more 149 moms will get on and say what their SR's told them, maybe then we will know for sure.

I just don't want to be expecting the wrong day and miss the call!

Oh me either!!!  He did seem very surprised on the phone when he was told that- because he said "Wednesday- Battle Stations is Wednesday? " So maybe he was told wrong because he really seemed surprised by that- ...

oh okay. Well maybe someone told him wrong. Because I looked at recent past PIR groups, and it seems they skip a day of battlestations between each PIR group, and it also seems like the first division of the group goes Thursday/Friday before Graduation.

I hope it all works out though I'm just so excited to get that phone call!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service