IMPORTANT: Read and follow these Operational Security (OPSEC) guidelines. N4M is an open website that can be read by non-members; and not all members are necessarily what they seem. Be smart and keep yourself and all our sailors safe. Keep YOUR safety in mind too. It's human nature to trust and want to share, but don't provide personal information to others. Great and lasting friendships are made on NavyforMoms.com, but use common sense and caution before proceeding. Online chat safety tips
RED CROSS CONTACT INFO:
In the event of an emergency within the sailor’s family, where you feel the sailor must be notified and considered for Emergency Leave, you must notify the American Red Cross through the national headquarters in Washington, DC (1-877-272-7337) or via their website www.redcross.org.
What are The Ten Rules of OPSEC?
1. Don't discuss current or future destinations.
2. Don't discuss current or future operations or missions.
3. Don't discuss current or future dates and times of when Sailors will be in station or conducting exercises.
4. Don't discuss readiness issues and numbers.
5. Don't discuss specific training equipment.
6. Don't discuss people's names and billets in conjunction with operations.
7. Don't speculate about current or future operations.
8. Don't spread rumors about current, future, or past operations or movements.
9.. Don't assume the enemy is not trying to collect information on you; he is.
10. Be smart, use your head, and always think OPSEC when using email, phone, chat rooms, and message boards.
This group does not have any discussions yet.