This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I'm not sure where to post this. My son is in A school and was in a motorcycle accident this weekend. A mothers worst fear...he only had the bike for 2 weeks. Anyway, he was issued a ticket from the MP for reckless driving, no ins and no registration. He had ins but did not have the card yet as I had just mailed it to him a few days before. The bike was still registered to the person (a Chief) he bought it from. Everything was in the transition faze. He now has to go to some type of hearing next week. Does anyone know what could happen or what type of hearing this is? This all happened on base. Due to his inexperince in driving a motorcycle he had accelorated on a turn when the pavement was wet (puddle really) and lost control. The way I see it he wasn't really driving reckless just stupid mistake.

Susan

Views: 58

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I am glad that he is doing ok.

Had he taken his military motorcycle class? as they do require that to have a motorcycle. I am sure it is a captains mast this is the military version of court and he will be given his "punishment" at this. I hope that all goes well for him
Yes, he has done everything he needed to do. He didn't say captains mast...he's afraid of those. Bad boot camp experience (day 5) and doesn't want another one. Hmm "punishment" he's being punished now, broken ankle and arm. It could have been whole lot worse. Thank God it wasn't Why do boys need bikes!
ouch on the broken ankle and arm!!

I know but they do not have the same rules that we have in civilian life so it is not the same and "punishment" could be that he has to go back a phase (in A school they have phases) does not set him back in school he may just not be able to drive or have to wear his uniform all the time. for a certian amount of time.

Boys do like those bikes and thank god he is doing ok I hope that he heals quick

Hope all goes well
What is his rank? I know my son's recruiter said they usually bring the sailor down in rank if found guilty with what he is being charged with, which means less pay too. Good luck to you and your son.

Kelly
First off, I have to say to ALL parents that have kids riding motorcycles. My husband and I are both motorcycle riders, (Harleys Yeah) Middle class not crazies. And NO ONE should be riding a motorcycle with out some form of formal training. Yes they are great FUN but they can be very dangerous and they are very different from driving a car, which is what most kids are used to. If you get on a motorcycle and you have not had any classes and make that type of mistake it is reckless not a mistake, if you ever are unfortuante enough to see the damage a body can take in an accident. ( I used to be a deputy ) you would understand why I am so strong in my opinion. Yes there are accidents Deer running out in front of you. If you truely want to protect your son, tell him do not ride until you have had some type of drivers training. Bases back in the 80's if you were overseas used to require if you wanted to ride on base you take a class that was offered. At least all of the bases we were on. One little accident can cost a life, so to not take the time for a class is Reckless. One of the greatest gifts your son would gain from a class is hours of driving within a class environment, with people teaching the correct way to turn / brake / excellerate in all driving conditions. If the base doesn't offer a class, you can go to any harley dealership, they all offer classes they are not cheep. But I wouldn't let my kids on a bike with out one.
He DID take the necessary driver training. The Navy requires it, so unless you know all the facts don't you dare condemn my son.
My big fear! My son has wanted a motorcycle since he was 12 years old. Now that he's got a little money in the bank, and he's not living under my rules (no motorcycles while you're living in MY house), I've got a feeling it's going to happen. That is great that your son took the motorcycle class, but not too good that he crashed his bike. Everybody makes mistakes and accidents happen... even to our wonderful sailors. Thank goodness he's going to be okay. The hearing will probably be where he pleads "guilty" of his charges, then they hand down a sentence, like what Karen said... take him back to Phase I for a while. You will know soon. Sorry.
I am sorry your son was injured in his accident.Luckily he is not hurt bad! I have ridden all my life (30 + years ) Even experianced rides make mistakes.Your son will be ok and he WILL learn from this . It is scary and it hurtsGood luck to him
I'm going to copy this and save it for my son (just incase he brings up the dreaded motorcycle conversation again)... Thanks, Shell, for the info.
This is for those parents who really do not want there child riding a motorcycle. My son bought a motorcycle from someone. He rode the bike home. I was dumbfounded because one of my church members had just lost her son due to a motorcycle accident and he was killed instantly. My other girlfriend's son in law was seriously injured and left with his arm paralyzed. I prayed to God about this motorcycle. Can you believe how God answers prayer, the motorcycle never started again. My son did everything possible to get it start, I mean everything, but I believe God saw down the road and answered my prayer. So, take care and pray for your children and ask God to watch over them.
That is soooo funny because when my son told me he wanted to get a motorcycle at A school, I told him I was praying that God would not allow him to have a motorcycle. I'm continuing to pray that everytime I think of it.
Can you pray for me, too, please. No motorcycles ugggh.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service