This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
7/18/08 We got the call from our son Adam at midnight last night( Pacific time) " I am at boot camp and I arrived safely, then a quick I love you from me and a quiet I love you too from him and goodbye. I am finding this so hard I can barley write this. I hurt all over and the tears are constant. He is my youngest of 6 you would think I would be good at this by now but at last I am not. If there is anyone who can relate I would appreciate hearing from you . Thanks Janeen

Views: 420

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Janeen,
you are in the right place! My "first day" was about 3 weeks ago, these mom's (&dads) are so wonderful! As you can see from minute one they are here for you, sometimes it's hard to keep up! Welcome aboard!
Janeen we have all been there, I'm still there, I'm crying right now. I thought because my son had been living on his own the last 2 years it wouldnt bother me, but I have been so emotional and I miss him so much. We are here for each other, thank God for navy moms.
I don't know my sons div or ship yet how does everyon get it so fast. My son left July17th. Adam is also my youngest and I am still teary most of the time .
Janeen meet me on chat
My son Garrett left for BC on Sept 3, 2003 and I can remember it like yesterday. Cried all the way home and then had to pull my self together for his little brother. I wrote to him as much as I could and I had his little brother (in Kindergarten at the time) write to him as well. I sent the letters separate so that he would get more mail.......lol........thinking that would help. His little brothers class also got in on the act and they would write a class letter and then all draw pictures for him and we would send that packet of stuff about once a week or so. He would write the class back and they LOVED that. Garrett said the letters were the best and helped him soooo much, so write your hearts content, send him cards, even if all you send is a computer printed paper with family photos, send it all, he will laugh at the amounts but deep down it will keep him strong.
Janeen, I can relate; I received (the call) on the 16th and another (call) on the 17th. Maybe your son will be in the same company as one of mine. I will probably get the (boxes), the beginning of next week. I think I can find out what ship and company Kyle is in on Monday from his recruiter. Then Casey's on Wednesday or so. Hang in there. If you'd like to email me my email address is:
rocaky123@yahoo.com
Nancy
Hi Janeen,
You are definitely in the right place. No one understands like other navy moms. Andrew is my youngest, too. There is a 12 year difference between him and his brother, and 9 years between him and his sister. We had only Drew at home alone for 7 years as well, as the other two had married and moved out. It was extremely difficult for me to have him go, but the Navy moms and this site saved me!! They will save you, too. We will all be here for you. There is also an empty-nesters group on here if you are interested in it.

As for the address, my son's recruiter called the day after he left and gave me his address, so I started writing right away. In one of the early letters, my husband asked me to put in a message for his son, "Please forgive your mother for writing too much." Then when my son got his first real call about three weeks in, the first thing he said was, "Please keep writing to me. It's all I have to read." The calls are extremely important to all of the recruits in boot camp. I would call the recruiter tomorrow to ask for the address. Don't be afraid to share with us. We all know how you feel ... but before you know it, you'll be walking with your son in his dress whites and you'll be so proud! :)
My son has been gone for 5 1/2 weeks now, will graduate 8/8. When he was leaving for bootcamp the plane was delayed and he had more time than he thought, so he called me to say he loved me one last time. But I had turned my cell phone off at work and I missed the call. I couldn't breathe when I heard his message. I had just turned it off 5 minutes before because his plane, i thought, had taken off. I sobbed at work, on and off for the rest of the day. But then that night he called me after he landed and atleast I got to talk to him then. He hadn't gotten to bootcamp yet, and had 45 minutes until the bus came. So a couple hours later I got the 15 second call. The one that says, mom I'm here, love you, good bye. So then i heard someone screaming GET OFF THE PHONE!!!! several times. I was like, honey, please, hang up QUICK! I was so afraid of what was going to happen to him for staying on longer than 15 seconds! I haven't heard his voice since that night. Crying now thinking of it. He later missed his chance of a phone call because the one day they could call he was in SIQ from his wisdom teeth getting removed. So all recruits in SIQ lost the phone privilege. I only have received one letter. This forum has saved me because other moms in his division hear news and that helps me alot. And he has written one letter to everyone in the family. That's alot of letters. I just need one more to keep me hanging on until August 8. Just wanted to share this with you and let you know I totally understand. KEEP PRAYING. I do every single time I think of him. Just a quick please keep him safe, strong and healthy. I feel like I am almost obsessed praying for him. But it's all I can do beyond writing him all the time. Never dreamed it would be this hard.
We have all been there. It is very heartwrenching. Just wait until the letters are able to start coming. They will be just as bad. But keep them all, because eventually you will see a change. They will mature and grow right before your eyes. It is hard, but know that he will make it. Eventually you will get to hear more from them, but the weeks after they arrive where you can have NO contact are the hardest! Hang in there!!
Sounds like you're a good loving mom! My son leaves in July and believe I'm already a roller coaster of emotions. My plan is to start doing some sort of project that gives meaning. I'm thinking writing a few extra letters my son can offer to other sailors without family may be a start. At least this way, I'm busy and feel like I'm doing something besides worrying . Sending prayers your way.
My son leaves in July. I'm already a mess. Dont know how I will say goodbye to him. My heart just aches,but so very proud of him. I'm so thankful for this support group.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service