This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Hi everyone! My husband shipped off the boot camp Nov. 29 and is in Ship 12 Div 053. Any one else have a sailor in that division?

Views: 1621

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all,

I got a call today also.  My SR said the same thing Winterrosebud that the division is struggling as a team.  I hope they can come together.  He was sick also and has been for a few weeks.  He also said he did not pass his zones, does anyone know what this is?  He was bummed.  Now I am nervous.    

Zone Inspection. A test where the whole division's compartment will be inspected for proper set up and cleanliness. Then your entire locker or bunk will be inspected. Then your individual bunks/lockers will  I check that you properly folded, stowed and stamped your clothes properly. So they got graded as a team as individuals. My husband said they were graded 1.0-5.0 with 5 being the best.

These zone inspections are training the sailors to life on a ship actually everything they do in boot camp is to ensure the sailors know what to do on a ship away at sea.

I found at work an explanation: Periodic zone inspections ensure proper measures are taken to keep machinery, spaces, and equipment operational, clean, and in a satisfactory state of preservation. All spaces of a ship should be included in the zone inspection program and visually inspected at least once a quarter. A ship's overall zone inspection success does not rely solely on the thoroughness and keen observations of the inspecting officers, but the unwavering involvement of the entire chain of command to ensure discrepancies found are documented and corrective action taken in a timely manner.

I received a phone call today as well. It was only for a few minutes, but it was so great to finally talk to him! He didn't mention anything about the lack of teamwork. Hopefully they will start to work together these last few weeks. 27 more days!

I got a call last night. My first since he left. I don't really expect any since we live in Germany (we have a vonage number) I was so happy to hear from him! He says that things are getting better - he is a leader, I'm not sure of his title - but there are a few who are having problems figuring things out. We're a military family so I think he was better prepared than some and he is older than most, but he said that he spends a lot of their free time inspecting and helping others out. I'm confident that they will pull it together.

Winterrosebud...Thank you for the explanation of the zones.  I am really nervous for him and hope he passes.  He has done well up to this point. 

I think the division will pull together also.  We are more than halfway there. 

I'm sure he'll get it together.  the thing about those inspections is that it teaches the sailors to be meticulous in the care of whatever they are responsible for.  They have to learn to follow instructions to the letter and not to accept "good enough" for correct.  It will become very important when they go to the fleet and do their jobs.  They will help each other as much as they can to pass those inspections.  Now that he has had problems, his shipmates will step in to make sure he gets it right the next time.

No worries he will be able to pass zone inspection. Just as Yipper said it is very important for the recruits to learn to follow instructions. I am know that the leaders in the division were instructed to help those that did not pass learn what they did wrong and teach them how to do it right step by step so they can pass next time.

Thank you for the support everyone.  What would I do without my Navy family?  Thank goodness we live in the age of the Internet.  I can't imagine doing this without this support. 

Hey, im new to this My husband is this div, im a little confused as to the scarves/ribbons??? Any particular ones?

Hi! Welcome to the group :) It's a tradition that during winter PIR that the navy moms/wives/etc wear colored scarfs to easily identify people with the same division at the meet and greets and PIR. Our division choose navy blue. There is no scarf that you have to buy or make, just any navy blue scarf will do!

Lala Ribbon Queen PIR Ribbons (navy mom). From her profile page- I makes ribbons for anyone who would like them to wear to PIR. They are a great way to show how proud you are of your sailor and also a great way to recognize other members of N4M's. I don't make the ribbons for a profit so I keep the price low enough to cover materials and expenses. Most divisions order the Navy colored ribbons with gold or silver letters. They are not too frilly so they are suitable for men as well.

She also has a facebook page if you want to check them out: Unique Memory Makers

Feel free to add me as a friend if you ever want to chat. I love meeting new navy wives!

Here is a sneak peak at scarves I am making for some in this division. I hope you like them :-)

What have you heard. I have only received 2 letters and was just asking what is happening at home. Plus he has called the girlfriend twice and said he is doing well.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service