This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Anyone having a child leaving for boot camp on June 2??

Views: 304

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi ilovelucy, My son left yesterday for MEPS and will be sworn in at the White Sox game tomorrow. He enlisted as a HM. I am so nervous for him (and myself). So many emotions. I am going to miss him. We live about 1 1/2 hrs from Great Lakes, so we are close for his A School which will also be at Great Lakes.
My son left today from Knoxville, TN. We got to witness his swearing in ceremony....great photo memories. How neat to be sworn in at the White Sox game!!!! Please stay in touch with me!
Is your son in the White Sox division also? I was able to talk with my son at the game & he mentioned meeting someone from TN. How neat that would be. He looked so exhausted. I guess they had been up since 2am and were told that they would not get to sleep for like 50+ hrs. He was so sad to leave us again. Broke my heart. It was so cold at the game & the boys only had t-shirts on. I wanted to smuggle him back home.
No, he is not in that division. 50+ hours with no sleep? Aurghhhh!

Hello....do you have pictures from the game? My son may have been there too. I saw the ones on the Navy facebook site.  I wish he would have told me he was going to be there.  He casually mentioned it a few weeks erlier but when I dropped hom off at his recruiter on the 3rd he didn't give me any details.   Got one letter from him and that is all  :-(

My son left today from Kansas City. He is going to be a CTI. We live in St. Louis, and I cried all the way home, and still am. Just got the "10 second call," so I know he's there.
I dropped my son off at the hotel last night he flies out to Chicago today and I will get my phone call tonight. I haven't stop crying for days. Last night felt like we were driving home from a funeral. I felt so weak trying to be strong. I miss him so much already which seems so dumb since if he were home he wouldn't even be awake yet, (he worked 3-11 shift). I had a weird experience sitting with him the other night, I felt this let down in my breast much like breast feeding when your infant is held. It shocked me so much but I really took a step back and thought WOW how powerful God is. I feel like I can't survive this but know I WILL.
It is so hard to try to be strong on our own accord! I prayed and prayed that He would dry my tears the past couple of weeks prior to my son's departure....but the tears still flowed. I guess there is nothing wrong with tears. Jesus wept!

I am trying to understand survival techniques myself. I am told by well meaners, "boot camp will be over in a few weeks"----well that doesn't mean he will be coming back home then! He is gone. He is even talking about making this a career. I am happy and proud of him.....but sooo feeling sorry for myself. Selfishness, I guess. My heart is heavy too. Hartman....I understand your feelings like driving home from a funeral. A huge emptiness or void is my feeling right now. Returning to work today took my mind off things for the day. God knows my pain....He gave me my child and I am totally trusting Him with my son's life now. God is good....all the time.
I instantly felt close to you when I read your first email and now I want us to hug so here is my hug.
We had read on one of the sites to let him take his cell phone with him through to Chicago. It really was a blessing. He call us a lot yesterday from the two airports. Each time he called we thought it was the last and would pretty much say the same stuff. We are so proud, stay strong, don't worry about us, we love you goodbye. We still waited with heavy hearts for the last phone call from boot camp. It was devastating. I feel so sick. I would love someone to talk to direct if you would like that too. I will send you my email if you respond again. I am going to go in and read the rules. if you know the answer anyone let me know.
I requested you as friend. Yes, that last "got here boot camp" phone call was way tooooo short! It is a very sickening feeling for sure!

Yep.  I knew I would miss mine as well but since he is my 3rd out of 4 and I have sent them all off to college, I was shocked at how sad I felt. 

My son is in the White sox div also. I got the Box today!! We were at the game also and got to spend time with him. If you look on my page I uploaded pictures from the game. I miss him real bad and have started writing my letter to him all I need yet is the address. We didn't open our box yet. we will do it in the morning.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service