This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Hello ladies!!

My name is Tiffany and i live in Texas. My sailor Anthony and I have been together for almost four years now and he just graduated basic training Feb.10th. He is now in meridian ms doing his a school for ls. This whole experience has been one of the hardest things i have EVER been through. Its really lonely and I miss him so much!! I guess i'm trying to find people who know what i'm going through...none of my friends or family really understand. ANY advice at all is greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you =D

Views: 545

Replies to This Discussion

YAY!! Girl my first phone call i cried like a baby afterwards lol. Its just so comforting to hear them. Thats so awesome that your gonna get married!! Congratulation =D my boyfriend is a big tease. He keeps dropping me hints to get me all excited but he is very traditional and romantic so i choose to be patient lol What is your sailors job? Anthony started school 3 days after getting there!! I hear that generally they get their orders closer to the end of their training BUT Anthony has only been in school for about a week and two of his roommates already have their orders and they're all overseas. If u already know your gonna get married i'd just do it asap ;-D

Dang, see I just don't know anything about how A school operates. Will he have time to do it when he first gets there? His job is IT by the way :)

Hey Tiffany I understand completely what you're going through too, like krissy said there's a lot of ladies out there without their man right now lol My husband and I have been together for 3 years and just recently got married. I was with him the whole experience through bootcamp and now he is in his A school in Texas and I'm home in Maryland missing him greatly! If you ever want to talk I'm here =) I know how difficult it can be, there are good days and bad. My best advice would be to talk to your sailor everyday, I make sure I talk to my husband every day. Even if it's just for a little bit because their schedules can be so busy and unpredictable, hearing their voice and communicating daily does help! You can also skype if you want, that's always a good option too if they have access to internet. Also, do your best to stay busy and occupy yourself, so you're not constantly thinking about it. Be around friends and family, although sometimes they may not always understand how you're feeling it's good to get those feelings out and talk about it. There will be rough days when you just need to cry, and that's ok, get that out of your system too. After awhile you get used to his routine and things start to feel better I promise =)

Hey! First of all...CONGRATULATIONS on your marriage!! I'm dying for my sailor to ask, he keeps dropping me hints to tease me lol. Yea basic training was hard but i got into a "routine" and then it wasn't so bad. The hardest part was spending time with him after graduation and then having to say good-bye again. It really was my "rock bottom" but i'm doing my best to say strong. One of the downfalls of meridian is that it is in the middle of nowhere so the signal isnt strong enough to skype, although i am totally satisfied just to hear his voice. I hear things get easier after a school so that is my motivation. Thank you for all the support!!! Days like today i need it =/

Thanks! I couldn't be happier to be married =) He truly is my best friend! My man did the same thing dropped the hints like crazy to tease right after he got to A school. Then he came home on leave for Christmas not long after and popped the question! =) So it's probably coming soon for you! They don't tease without delivering lol I did the same thing and try to do that now with building a routine into my life because it gave me a schedule to be focused on so I wasn't thinking about how much time had passed and how much longer I had to go! lol Spending time with them and having to leave is the hardest thing, I automatically cry everytime even if I tell myself I'm going to be strong! I flew down to Texas where he was for the weekend to get married and he was able to stay with me because he was phase three, but having to leave him was the hardest goodbye by far! Today is one of my harder days too so I understand how you're feeling! Hearing their voice is the best source of comfort, that's why talking to him as much as you can! Your relationship will go stronger and you guys will be closer together for going through this and sticking by his side! He will appreciate you more too so even if its hard now it does turn out to be a good thing =)

THANK YOU!! A lot of those things i needed to hear =D With everyday that passes i can see that we are growing more and more stronger and that alone is encouraging. I'm sorry you were having a bad day. I've had way to many of those =( i went to see act of valor last night ALONE and was crying the whole time lol. The most comforting thought i could find was "even though my sailor is a badass...he ain't no navy seal" lol. When will you two be together again??

Omg I did the same thing almost lol I saw the movie last night too but I made sure to have a friend with me because I had a feeling it would be difficult to watch! lol Yeah you are very fortunate he isn't a SEAL, marriage would be an impossible task lol The next time we will be together won't be for about 10 weeks, because I am enlisted in the Navy too, and I leave for basic training on March 5th. So I won't be seeing him again until my PIR. =(

OMG that's awesome!! I considered joining when Anthony did but he really didn't want me too. I was going to join the air force right after high school but i was afraid that if we were both in the military it would be hard to see each other (i was 18 back then and NOT ready to talk about marriage) But that is defiantly very honorable.  Its gonna be tough but you guys will defiantly be able to bond over this experiences. Find comfort in the fact that come your PIR you'll be in his arms! My sailors a school is self paced so i'm not sure when i'll see him again and that makes things harder. I hear this time of year is the perfect time to go to basic b/c the weather is nicer. 

We had both always wanted to join the Navy. Originally I was thinking about it right after graduating high school too, but I got a two year full scholarship to my local community college so I decided to go to school and continue to work and see how it went. After the first year I was going crazy, I was so bored with it! So I decided to enlist that summer and do what I really wanted. I'll be honest, at first my husband was not crazy about it at all. But once he got through basic training, he was so supportive of me and insisted we would go through the experience together =) Basic training changed him for the better, he's still the same man I fell in love with but he values me and our relationship a lot more, and is way more supportive of my career choice. The fact that he will be at my PIR will keep me going and staying positive because I have seeing him to look forward too! I heard the same thing about the weather, so that's a plus! This experience will be difficult, but it would be whether or not I was in the Navy. It's not impossible, and it excites me that we will understand better what the other one is going through. =)  I am not at all familiar with a self paced A school. But if you're at all thinking about getting married, I would do it before he gets his orders, because the Navy will not change his orders, you will have a much better chance of getting placed on his orders  and being able to come with him if you guys get married before then. It's hard not knowing when you're going to see him agian, but stay strong because it gets easier and better =)

Yes. We Are/Were. IDK. I hate that he can contact me but he doesnt. His mom told me he needs space. But I havent heard from him once since he got to TX and he barely said 2 words to me after graduation. IDK what to do. Ive tried emailing, calling, texting, nothing.

As difficult as it is, his mom is right, you do need to give him space. As much as you're dying to talk to him, trust me we all get how that feels, for some reason or another he doesn't want to at the moment. As hard as it is you need to back away and let him come to you, and he will definately, when he is ready. Pulling away is the most difficult thing to do, but it's the only way it will give him time and space to think or figure out whatever it is that he's contemplating. From my experience, he is definately upset about something, whatever it is. Something is weighing heavily on his mind. Guys most often don't like to open up and keep those things to themselves to try and figure it out alone. It has nothing to do with you or something you did wrong, that's just how guys are. Do your best to stay occupied, and the in time the answers will come and he will come to you to talk it out.

I know. Thanks! Its just hard saying that Im going to give him time and then the next thing Im texting him. And my friend that doesnt have a spouse in the military just laughs at me so now Im not even telling her anything anymore. Glad there is this group/page. And I know his mom knows him best. Its just difficult....Im surprised I made it through boot camp....but Im going to try and stay strong and hope for the best!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service