This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Let's pool the information that we have.

Views: 4193

Replies to This Discussion

ahhh ladies...I enjoyed catching up with the last few posts! It has been great having N home...but...I guess I am on so late because I am putting off going to bed knowing that tomorrow I have to say goodbye...AGAIN! My sister pointed out that, "Well, you'll see him on Thursday!"    And she is true...but it will be there...where he will belong to "them" and not here where he is mine! I find it so hard to explain to nonmilitary moms! Here he is the 19 year old playing video games with his brother and having friends popping in and out! When he leaves he is a military man in the NAVY! UGH! I hate this pain! ...and Rose, your son is wise...we do have to get used to not hearing from them for extended periods of time! Oh, this is tough!

Thanks be to God that I have you wonderful ladies!

Goodnight!

Penny

Penny...I totally understand and agree with your feelings about being home he's yours and once he leaves he's a Navy man...my son told me he could have got me a room at the Navy Lodge and I thought that was really nice for him to offer but I felt like I wanted him to be mine for the weekend...so I totally understand how you feel. Hugs to you today... :0)

Asking for prayers ladies...the boys just left and it is miserable weather out here! Raining, but it could be turning over to freezing rain if the temp drops...so please pray for their safe arrival at Groton!

Penny

I just got off the phone with the Navy Lodge in Groton...I guess I was confused...I thought the lodge was on base and that was why N needed to check me in, but the man at the front desk said they are actually 1 mile from the base on Proteus Ave. Is that what everyone else has too? Rose and Lori's Ashley are staying at the same one, correct? N still has to check me in... and now we are going to get in later than I thought because Alex wants to go and he has Mock Trial until 7:30 that night! Ugh! I am happy that he wants to be there with his brother, but I'm not happy about the 2 hour later departure time! Oh well, please pray for good weather!

I just texted N and he said they are almost in Groton and the weather has been terrible! A lot of rain! We are getting more snow here tonight! And storms are predicted for the week! N said that all of the snow was gone in Groton! Can't wait to see green grass! Sounds like it is going to be a long boring week for them. He said after graduation it will be more waiting to, I think he said, "Class up." I guess he won't start his next school right away. He will be in, I think, ATT?

Well, I need to work on report card grades.

Take care ladies,

Penny

Penny....yes the hotel is about a mile from the base.  J have to be there with us to check us in.  We are checking in the hotel Friday.  Thursday I'm staying in a different one due to the fact that we are driving from down here and we don't know at what time we getting there.  Ladies,  please pray for a good weather for all us traveling to BESS.  From here is about 20 hours drive. Like you already mention Penny they already on hold, no idea when he starting classes again.  Look like that is one problem with the Navy, a lot of waiting in between.  In a way good for us moms to have them a little longer around here. LOL

Getting ready to start another week!  Have a good night ladies!

Hotel -  I just talked to A; whatever  hotel Ash is at, its right on base.  So not sure........I hope it goes o.k.  Ashley arrives Tuesday night so will let you know when she gets there the location. 

Lori...that mean she is staying in Gateway.  That's the one in base.
Rose when are you leaving to come up here? We are expecting storms again on Thursday into Friday. Could be a wintery mix up here in upstate NY, but probably just rain in CT. I am going to keep an eye on it. We are leaving around 7:30 Thursday night. We'll get in Groton around 11:00pm. :(  I really didn't want to leave that late, but Alex wants to go with me and he has a school activity until 7:30.

Penny....if God permite we will be there around that time too and then I will find a hotel for that night and then Friday J will check us in after BESS on the Navy Lodge. In the name of Jesus everything it will be fine like when we went to PIR, remember weather was fantastic!  It will be an adventure 20 hours straight, a few hours to sleep and then up early for BESS, but you know (and I know you agree) is worth it, we will see our babies, ups our Navy mens. LOL

Have a good night!

Well Rose, I am keeping close tabs on the weather and it seems for your path it will be mostly rain. It looks like Friday is going to be quite rainy in Groton, so bring your umbrellas and warm clothes...it will probably be pretty damp too!

Nancy.....It was a nice beautiful day.  I went to BESS and meet your son.  What a nice young men you have.  I give your message to him.  Funny when I saw my son last night, (big surprise because wasn't plan to see him until today but God is good and know everything) I mention I want to meet I and he told me I know he already told me. LOL  I take picture that I will send you next week once I get home.

Penny and Elizabeth....it was a pleasure to meet you and your kids!!  We have a nice time and I felt like I know you for a long time.

I'm enjoy my son, we are having a nice time. Elizabeth enjoy your son and have a safe trip.  Penny I hope you have a nice trip going back I know you will see your son again!!!  Have a good night ladies!!!

Lori....I also meet your son and GF.  Nice you men!!

Good morning Rose! It was wonderful to meet you and Elizabeth too! I woke up thinking about you two still being in Groton and I hope you have a beautiful day! It looked like the weather really cleared up in the afternoon so hopefully you had a nice day. After the Sub museum we traveled to Mystic...they have a great aquarium there (we didn't go this time...saving it for another visit) and it is only about 15 mins from Groton. It also has a quaint little seaport town. We also went into New London and ate at a Place called Mambos. N really wanted us to try it. YUM! :) There is a little beach in New London also...might be nice and peaceful right now. N also said we had to go to Crystal Mall to get the video The Hunt For Red October! :) He said all submariners and their families had to watch it! haha! :)

My drive home was MUCH better last night! Made it in just over 3 hours! :)

Elizabeth, I hope your night was quieter! :)

Have fun and I know both of you will enjoy your sailors!

Penny

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service