This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

My boyfrined leaves in 26 days and every time I even think about it I tear up. How do you guys cope wuth your loved one being gone? I just can't stand the fact that I won't be able to tell him good morning, or wish him good night, or be there for him when he needs someone to talk to. He's my best friend...will this feeling ever go away? It's already horrible and he hasn't even left yet. I want to make the most of our time left together but it's hard for me thinking "this might be the last time we do this" or "this might be the last time we do that." Thanks for listening to me whine. lol :)

Views: 891

Replies to This Discussion

Hang in there! My boyfriend has gone through bootcamp and then corpsman a school so I have been exactly where you are and I know exactly how you are feeling. You dont want to be a downer with the time you have left, but it's so hard to keep from crying! Everyone says to make the most of the time you guys have left together, but that is so much easier said than done when all you want to do is curl up in a ball and cry your eyes out. Dont worry, thats normal, but tell your boyfriend how much you are going to miss him and try to keep the crying to a minimum for the time being. You have to try and be strong for him as well so keep that in mind. He will need you more than you realize right now! Seriously, you can even start writing him letters now just to get some of your feelings out about how much you're going to miss him and you can send them to him once you get his address. Yes, the being alone part sucks, but you always have us here to talk to :) so if you ever need to whine or vent, let me know!

EXACTLY. You know what I mean! haha. I try to make the best of it, but I'm always thinking, oh is this the last time we'll go to the movies together? or is this the last time we'll go shopping together? little stuff like that gets me.I think writing him letters now sounds like a great idea :) thank you for youru support!! ♥

I completely understand my fiance has been in my life since I was 9 years old, we were best friends from then till now. So far the biggest change was not only losing a significant other but also losing a best friend that I would talk to and share constant things with nonstop. I remember the first couple weeks before he left, I would just get so angry and be in complete tears one minute and okay the next. (lol maybe that was the pregnancy hormones that I was unaware of then) It was really hard on me  the first few days because it felt like I could not function without him. The days went on whether or not I wanted to participate in anything, so I began to keep myself busy. Certainly make the most of your time, the last week he was on gone we went on many dates and casually acted like we were meeting for the first time. It was crazy fun because we just talked so well, and even found out things we assumed we already told each other. My Fiance is still in BC and is graduating next Friday, I can't say it is easy but I heard School is easier with the communication. It can be a real pain to wait on letters once a week and twice if he's allowed to send mail out on a Wednesday or something.

Hang it there!

That's so sweet :) that is exactly how I feel. Like who am I going to call and talk to for hours about nothing?? I have friends, but it's just not the same. I'm dreading the week before :'( I feel like I'll be a wreck. But thank you for appreciated!! Good luck with your fiance! Hope graduation goes well :))

Thanks same to you:)

My fiance' is in basic training right now, and I miss him like crazy.  The thing that really helps me cope is the constant reminder that he is doing this for us.  I also stay busy.  You mentioned that you are only 16, so I would definitely encourage you to stay busy and focus on ways help with your personal development because he is going to go through an experience that will change him for the better.

I wrote out goals of things that I wanted to accomplish while he was away that I may have neglected while he was here.  I focused on studying and preparing for the next level of my education.  I am focusing on my physical health and my fitness goals (even though my SR told me not to try to lose weight).  I also got more involved in my community.  One way to take your mind off of your own sadness is to spread a little happiness to someone else.  That's one of the most important lessons I've learned.

I bet! I'm planning on keeping myself as entertained as possible with friends, school, a job maybe. The list is a really good idea, I'll have to think about that :) Thanks so much for your advice! Good luck with your fiance ♥

Stay busy. Beyond busy. and not just mindlessly busy. But actually busy. Something that you enjoy and keeps your mind active. Set goals, start doing research for the future. and my biggest piece of advice (and dont take this the wrong way please!) But get off here and go spend quality time with him!!! Stop dwelling on negative aspects of the the future or you will end up tainting the last few memories before bootcamp. Enjoy the time, focus on the present. You  cant constantly think about the next seperation or deployment, or whatever it may be but you will always be upset if you do that, not only during the time itself but also during the time you have with him. Bc you are losing precious time. You dont want to regret the moments you could have had. When he ships off then delve into researching and reaching your goals.

I'm definitely going to try to stay as busy as possible. I know I need to spend time with him, but I start thinking maybe I should like train myself to be away from him. Because I have to get used to it sooner or later. but then I just can't stay away from him. It's a hard thing to balance.

Dont worry about trying to train yourself hun that is what bootcamp does by itself. :) Its like training for a deployment. There is no real way to train yourself for it but to actually experience. Just squeeze every last minute out of him you can :)  

I'll defnitly try! I'm just scared I guess. But I'm praying about it and just hoping :)

I completely understand being scared. Its scary. but honestly a lot of life is. Dont worry there is a ton of support here when he does leave and so many people with so many experience. When he leaves start going through discussions and reading them and ask questions as you need to. :) So many on this site are willing to share their experience!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service