This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Hello everyone. My son left for boot camp yesterday, tomorrow is his 2oth b/day. He called to say he made it, i guess now i just wait for his thing to come back and find out when is graduation. I have cried some, but eventually it will be ok. I really appreciate the support from all you ladies.

Views: 103

Replies to This Discussion

I got Ethan's letter today. He is Ship 9 Div 30. His PIR is March 19. Have you heard anything from Grant yet? I'm so excited. Can't wait to go see him at the PIR.
Oops! I typed that wrong. It is Div 130.
Yes, I received his letter and box today I was so excited to hear from him. I miss him so much I can't wait to see him. His PIR is march 19, he's in ship 9 div 131.
Hi there , my son Vincent left for BC on the 26 th as well - We got the box Thursday - very strange feeling to open that. i feel the same as u . I have written him a letter everyday even though I don't have an address - I feel like I have some sort of contact with him.
Thanks for your post nice to know he's with others who have mom like me
Hi Bonnie,

I'm Trenda, Grant's mom, he arrived in GL on the 26th and I haven't received his box. What area do you guys live in are you'll having bad weather. I have done the same I write him everyday can'T wait to get his address so I can send them but most of all can't wait to hear from him I to am sure he's doing well, but I will feel much better. Thanks for being here and sharing with me you heart felt experiences, It's good to know I am not alone in the journey for our recruits to become sailors.
Hi Patrick's mom, My son Grant was one of the recruits that went to MEPS on the 25thand GL on 26th, he must have been with my son when I talked with him because he said the same that there were 6 recruits that was going up. It is so good to hear from someone that went up with him. I miss him so much but I know that he is going to be a great sailor I am so proud of him! Have you received his box yet? What area are you from, we are from Ga. God Bless talk to you soon
Did you receive a letter or did you call the recruiter. I spoke with his recruiter today and he is going to get me his address tomorrow. I'm so excited, I have written him everyday since he left. Your right it is great to talk with others that are going thru. What ship and division is he in I will let you know which one Grant is in as soon as I hear. Wouldn't it be great if they are together. Talk to you soon. Trenda
Hello everyone! My younger brother left yesterday 1/27/10 for GL from Harrisburg PA. We watched him swear in and waited until his bus came...My profile pic is of us yesterday...not a very good pic but I'll take it..lol. He is only 18 and I watched him grow up...I can remember his first steps...now he is in the navy! It was very very hard. My mom received the phone call yesterday at 10:30 PM. I have already written two letters ready to go as soon as I get his address! Does it get easier? I am trying to be the stronger one for my mom and step dad! I would love to hear from anyone! Good luck to all who just started this journey!
Hi yes it does get easier just stay busy and keep writing . It may be a while before he gets to call again. Make sure to check with his recruiter to get his address early. It will be nice for him to get letters it will help you both. I have learned so much from these ladies this site has keep me sane. Blessings Lynn
What a wonderful sister you are Melissa! My son left on 1/26/10. I called the recruiting office today to get his ship/div # but was denied...he said you'll find out in 7 days!! Not all recruiting offices are as helpful!!
Hi Kelly! Thanks for the support!! I don't know if my mom got any information today or not. From what I am seeing on here some families recieve thier address and box fairly quickly! How are you holding up? The hardest part for me is thinkng about him getting screamed at..I guess its an older sister thing..protective. I said to him before he left I hope all that teasing I did to you when you were little pay off now...lol! Where are you from? I am very proud of my little bro...and like said above its hard for me not to call him and just make sure he is ok. I made him promise me that he woul write in his letter telling me he didnt get his but kicked...lol! How old is your son? Eight weeks seems years away...but hang in there it will be here before you know it! My brother's recruit said he would email my mom the info...so as far as I know nothing yet.
I'm reading a lot of people (with their recruit leaving on 1/26) saying they already received their "kid in the box, minus the kid" box!! I have three other kids to keep me busy...but I'm still very distracted!! Kyle is 21 and we're from California. I'm sure your brother would very much like your teasing instead of what he's getting now!! I think our guys are a lot tougher than we think!! Take care Melissa...hope you and your mother hear something real soon!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service