This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I thought it would be nice to start a discussion for our children leaving the week of October 25th 2010.  Welcome everyone.  Kathy   

Views: 1544

Replies to This Discussion

My son leaves for BC on the 27th and I'm getting a little more anxiety as each week passes! He's been doing some PT with a small group about three days a week, but he doesn't seem as motivated as I think he should be. I keep saying that once he gets to Great Lakes,,,,,,it'll all happen. :)
Welcome, WesleysMom. I know exactly how you feel. My son wants to do the PT on his own schedule and sometimes misses his weekly workouts with the recruiters. He does seem to feel the time going faster now and is getting better. I think my problem is I see how difficult BC is and want him to be able to do as much as possible before he goes. I think when the end of September gets here I am going to see a big difference in what he is doing. I will probably be telling him to slow down. lol. I look forward to sharing this and BC with you. I also am becoming more anxious as we get closer to the send off date. I think it somehow doesn't feel real and then the closer it gets I realize he is really leaving and will be in the navy. Have a good evening. Kathy
Hi Betsy, It is so nice to see you here and thank you for joining our group. Since your son had his PIR 7-9-10 be sure and keep us updated on how he is doing. As you can see our little group is starting to take off as our BC date gets closer. By the way, B said one of his good friends from college is joining the Navy. He just talked to him yesterday and he is going to MPES soon. Kathy
Sorry, I meant Hi Jenny. Where is my brain today. Kathy
Hi Jen, that would be so great to do the countdown here. I don't know how to go about it. I wonder who I can talk to. Would that be considered a tag? Oh, my goodness, did I really direct you to your PIR group? That seems like such a long time ago. lol. Our PIR could be the 17th but also the end of December. I am going to go check about the countdown. K
Hi Betsy, thank you for the info but I just need to know how to add it to the first discussion. I can edit the discussion I made but do I copy the code in the reply area? What do you think? Have you seen the one on my profile? Maybe you can't do one on a discussion. Just a group. Kathy
Just a point of clarification ladies: this is a Discussion that kimcarl has created for specific DEP loved ones here in the Oct Group as she pointed out above. Lots of new Moms get confused and use those terms interchangeably, when each has a specific function and parameters onsite. :)

I've never been super tech savvy about things like countdown clocks, so I'm not sure if kimcarl can place one in her discussion intro above?? I know only the Creator of the Group (or anyone appointed as an Admin) could post on in the main Oct Group intro. Many of our PIR Groups do so. Let me know what you find out, for future reference!
Hi everyone. I am really feeling the emotions surface as September gets here. Summer almost over and fall around the corner. My son got his hair cut today and it is as short as it will be in BC. When I look at him it is like I am looking at the future. He looked so good in his Navy cap. Have a good night.
Hello, everyone.

My daughter is leaving for bootcamp on October 27. She is 20 years old and went to college for 2 years and realized that she was unsure of what she want to do with her life. I guess that we should be thankful that she realized it now instead of later. She mentioned the navy and has never looked back. She is a very smart girl and she scored very high on her asvab. I'm a little concerned about the physical side. She needs to build up her endurance. She is worried about the run but after reading a bit I can see that that is common. I decided to go back to college last year so thankfully I am too busy to be worried about her yet. Her father and I have raised her together since she was 4. Her "real mother" is not thrilled that we are supportive of her choices so we are dealing with other issues.
Her recruiter told her that they "typically" don't have any graduations during the holidays. So, that would put us around the 17th I believe. We live in houston and driving is definately out of the question for us.

I look forward to getting to know all of you better.
D
Seriously? Why would any mom not be supportive of her child's decision to enter into any of the branches of the armed forces? My ex-husband and I have a great relationship when it comes to our children and have always made an effort to parent together. Our son's decision to enlist in the Navy is absolutely the perfect choice for him. We will miss him but also know this is a fabulous opportunity to get to see the world and get his education. I personally hope he decides to make a career out of this! In fact, since it's highly unlikely that our son's step parents will even be able to attend the graduation ceremony due to the restricted number of ticket, I'm going to suggest to my ex that we go to the graduation as a family with our other children and make a weekend of it.
Well, I removed this post, as it seems as if someone wanted a tad of sympathy that day, lol! Not sure how it was still on here, so I tried removing it again. So wonderful that you have such a good relationship. That's what's best for the kids. I know the tickets are tight. In fact, I already told my hubby the same thing. I want to make sure his son's siblings get in, grandparents, etc. I know I'm not high on the priority list. It's what's best for the grad here and his biological family. I know my role. :-)
You removed the post b/c you know the comment you made about the "bio" being less than thrilled about you being the first of 4 parents who were supportive was not true! Where do you come up with this crap? Stop making comments about someone who you don't know and have only had passive conversations with. You paint a picture on this website that you have this great relationship with "J" yet make a complete idiot of yourself on FB posting you were "stuck" at the gathering for him for 5.5 hours and while you were there everyone was nice to you insinuating that wasn't the case when you left! By the way, no one is buying the back peddeling statement you made and you are not the main topic of conversation.

"J" and his sibilings are fortunate to have a step mom who wants to be a party of their lives. This "bio" is secure with her relationship with her childeren has no problem sharing her them with anyone, there's plenty of room for people who love them in their lives.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service