This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Hi, I am a Seal wannabe mom. Looking for other moms that are dreading Pre buds and then the big move to California for Buds after graduation.

Views: 998

Replies to This Discussion

Last Friday I left my husband with a bunch of groceries to lug (we were in separate cars) because it was already 5:30pm and I just couldn't stand not knowing any longer. There was no letter :( and my self-inflicted punishment was to put all of the groceries away myself.

I'd love a letter today, but I can't think when he would have been able to write it during the week. However, I think we should be getting a call soon as they are in their 3rd week.
I hurried home also on Friday, I just knew there would be a letter. But to my disappointment there was none. So that is when I decided that it was not worth my butt getting any wider on a letter. So have my clothes ready to change into right after work, will run my 4 miles and then go home. The postive part of this, I will run faster so I can get home faster. :)!!! I wonder why some SR wrote home and others have not. Maybe our boys had watch that Sunday or something. Can't wait to see if I have one tomorrow or Wednesday.
Tsmom and others, I had to laugh, sympathetically. Been there, done that, stalked the mailman too. I know it's hard to wait for that first letter or letters! They are so busy at first and the communications are deliberately slowed or even blocked for a time in the beginning while they are getting acclimated. That phone of yours truly becomes an extra appendage for sure at this point! Just don't drop it in the toilet, or knock over a customer or coworker to get to it as some past Moms have done! LOL

To keep you from jumping every time, watch for a 847 area code to pop up, or for your caller ID to say "payphone". Check to see if your carrier allows collect calls. Nothing more disappointing than missing a BC call, but sometimes they do let them try again immediately or later. Just warn your boss, family and friends that you are going to be a little "nutzo" during this time and that that phone is NOT going off, baring FAA regulations that is! You can apologize for the interruptions, or for being "rude" in that movie theater, restaurant or church later, or just shout "Sorry folks, Boot Camp call!" as you scramble to answer it. People will understand. =)

Hang in there girls and ProudMom-you GO girl! Good for you. Run like the wind, then have fun shopping for smaller pant sizes and a new outfit for PIR! :-)
I'm right there with you all. I miss my sr so much and can't wait to hear from him. My family (husband & daughter) seems to be dealing with it much better than me.
Migi's mom--chocolate...pasta...chocolate...that's what I keep craving, but I keep trying to limit myself to like one a day. When I get stressed I want to eat or clean. That's why I'm working on cleaning my son's room. Now if I could only clean his room while eating chocolate...
Yay!! I got a call from my sr. About 15mins. Heard the same info as you did tsmom. He told me he wrote a letter too--can't wait. My phone showed the 847 area code. I hope everyone gets a call! :)
How about you tsmom?--I'm still flying high from my phone call :)
Yea for calls!!! :D Awesome Brie and TsMom. Feels so good to hear their voices doesn't it? :)

Hey ladies, can those of you who are still waiting for your calls do me a favor please, and ask/verify with your Recruit IF the 823 Div is actually made up of nothing BUT SEALS candidates? Would be a bit unusual, but so is the size of their Div and the fact that two 800 Divs graduate the week following your PIR! Hmm, now what is MA Navy up to??? :)

Also, I might as well mention this now, so it becomes habit from BC on...please avoid mentioning specifics of their training, like DIV or BUDS Class size, and numbers left in the Class, on any of these public forums as they progress. Again, something to be shared only in PMs. Thanks. :-) .

Glad to hear your guy still has all of his teeth tsmom. So does mine and it's been over two years! :)~
I was dissappointed today when no letter came, and felt too yucky after eating so many Oreos last night that I skipped exercise this afternoon. Went to Verizon to get a different phone because mine has been a little weird lately, and I certainly didn't want to have phone problems and miss a call. As Verizon hooked up my phone to transfer the information, a call came in - it was him! I jerked my phone off their machine and ran outside to talk!
Div 823 were all making calls today. If you missed yours, know that all is well at RTC! Food is good, up at 4am, bedtime is 10pm, sometimes have ironing or watch duty during the night, most have had colds (lots of folks in close quarters!) but are fine. PT is somewhat strenous, but not overwhelming - hopefully enough to keep them in atleast as good of shape as they were in when they reported. Was glad that he could go to church Sunday, although I didn't get any information about it. They had their first of 3 academic tests yesterday.
He said there is a lot of "hurry up and wait", most of it being bs, but that is what he expected. He said it really isn't a big deal - that is their job to take the bs, and they get paid for it! Wanted to get more details, but he was more interested in knowing how things were at home. Realized that what is happening here is as important to him as what is happening at RTC is to me. He did say,"Mom, I can't wait for you to see our uniforms." Boys will be boys...But, I can't wait to see him in it!
Now that I have heard from him, I can get back on my routine. I won't even rush home tomorrow to check the mail, although he said a letter was sent out Sunday. I know he is happy and enjoying his job...
For those of you who might have missed a call today, I know you are dissappointed, but the information I received is that everything is going well! Great group of guys working together...Be Proud! and give thanks to God for your wonderful son!
Thanks bono. Appreciate it. Knew they were Recruiting heavily for SEALS this past year, guess it worked! Your info helps those of us ahead of you to follow the pipeline better and perhaps anticipate more accurately how things (like the training timeline) are shaping up for Classes behind us. We'll be more ready to help you all get plugged into BUDS Class Groups and answer questions when your time for Pre Buds and beyond comes.

Great rundown Mom4Navy. I wish I could have seen the looks on those Verizon salesclerks faces when you reached over and yanked that phone off! BC calls come first, apologies and business second. LOL

I love the tradition of the Dress Whites, but they are a pain to keep clean! The Dress Blues are a very sharp look indeed. :D Btw: the slang for their dress uniforms is their "Crackerjacks". :) Their hats are called their "Covers", the white ones are otherwise known as their "Dixie Cups". =)
Sorry to hear they all have the"Ricky Crud", very common. For now, it shouldn't affect most of them much. Glad to hear this is a strong Div, already demonstrating heart, dedication and teamwork! :D That will pay off now, in BC and in the long run. Bono mentioned a key point...in this path, their Mental strength (character, attitude etc) and fortitude actually weighs more heavily in their success factor than their Physical abilities. You will soon become familiar (or reaquainted) with the term "Mind over Matter. :)

Enjoy your "reprieve" ladies, you've earned it...and do continue (or start) to take good care of yourselves! :) Pat yourself on the back for doing such a good job raising these extraordinary young MEN! Reward yourself with good health! (and maybe a nice new, smaller sized outfit for PIR!?) You don't want them worrying about you while they are going through all the tough training ahead!

I was already pursuing healthy habits and working out some, but I started a more consistent exercise program when my son went to Pre Buds (and more recently, I kicked that up an extreme notch) and now even my sailor says I'm probably in the healthiest and best shape of my life. =) Still would like to lose a few pounds and inches, but to know he's proud of me, and by keeping in mind how hard he's working, helps me keep my perspective (when I am "whining' about being sore, tired, etc) and stay motivated. (And out of the cupboards! At least, about 80% of the time. Those Double Stuffs are awful temptations. LOL) Ma Navy is taking care of your boys now, so you can focus on taking care of your (Future) Sailor's Mom. =]
I haven't heard of Warrior Soul--I will check it out. I am reading The Warrior Elite by Dick Couch, which is very good so far. I read Lone Survivor over the summer--that was amazing. I would also recommend the Discovery channel video on Navy Seal Buds class 228 (I think that is the right number).

Got my first letter today--so good to hear from my son! :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service