This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I am inconsolable.I never knew this would be so difficult for me. My son graduated from high school a little over a month ago and left yesterday for boot camp, My daughter is ten years old and I love her dearly but I am lost without my son and cannot stop crying. I feel lost without him. We were so close we did so many things together, I don't know what I am going to do now that he is not here with us. Has anyone ever been in this situation? If so please respond I could really use some comforting words about now.

Views: 1143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The first week is probably the toughest...followed by the second week.  Hopefully you'll get your first real letter from him towards the end of the third week and once communication has been re-established, it WILL get easier.  Just think of it in steps...first the box, then the form letter, then a real letter, then a call...you get the picture.  Each step brings you closer to PIR and closer to him being able to call and text you daily from A-school.  Spend your time now writing letters, reading, or working on some project that you know he'd be proud of.  My husband and I went on a bootcamp diet while our son was in.  We also started running.  He left in May and graduated early July and this Saturday we are entering our first 5K ever.  Not only was our son impressed with us, but we're living healthier and more active lives.  If we can get in shape in our late 40's, any of you young wives and GFs can too, lol!  :)  Do a project to make him especially proud of you--whether it is self improvement or something else you see needs done!  It will help the time go by too!
We're going through it with you.  My only son left for boot camp on July 5th.  I stayed as strong as I could for him, but once he was gone I fell apart.  He was and is my world.  What I have found to help get through is to focus on writing him letters, learning as much as I can about what he is going through each week and preparing for his graduation.  I know you're as proud of your son as I am mine.  We and all the other parents of these kids are fortunate!  Celebrate all of his milestones and make him an awesome scrapbook to present to him at graduation or something else that would be special between the two of you.  It'll turn the negative energy into something positive and change your focus from sadness to one of hope.  Best of luck to you and lots of hugs :)  Oh, and try a pedicure or massage!
My son left for BC on Monday and arrived on base tuesday night....He's only 18 and just graduated high school in May. I have my youngest son who is 17 and "has a life"....I feel lost without Zach....we too were very close (practically attached at the hip) I have not quit crying since I got up on Monday morning. I do fine at work until someone says "how you holding up honey?" And I know that they genuinely care but do not realize the impact of their concern. I have been writing letters to him every morning....can't mail them yet. Every day I think about "what are they doing to my son?' I have always been the mom who is...you pick on my son you pick on me type person so my imagination has run in full force on the type of torture they are inflicting on him (lol). The toughest part is the "no contact". I have never been this far apart from him with out a text message or phone call. So I can truly feel you pain....Don't feel guilty that you are crying...Hey we are mourning here....our babies have grown up.  They did it after we went to bed Sunday night.....

1. They don't torture recruits - cost too much - with our budget restraints, they have to find the best of the recruits and weed out the ones who won't make it.

2. If you have a son who is ready to go into the military at 18 - YOU have done something RIGHT. So give yourself a pat on the back.

3. Now take a huge breath. This is a natural part of life. Sooner or later, you beloved boy (s) do go out in the world and travel their own paths. Personally, I would like to have a compound where both my sons can live right at home - one on either side of my house - selfish huh?. Well, I have one who is in Hawaii and another in ND.  Three thousand milies west and three thousand milies east. Thank God for cell phones, text and email.

4. From one Tiger mom to another - I have no doubt that if someone was hurting my dear boy, I would go to the end of the earth and back to protect him. But guess what, they want to fight their own battles. I know how you feel.

5. Try to find some humor about your situation everyday. Writ a paragraph or two about it. Start a journal. It'll make great reading in a few months.

6. Feel free to drop in here anytime. We have all been there - maybe not on the exact spot but close.

Regards, BQB

Hi there! My son William also left one week ago. He also graduated this year. I also have a daughter but she is 16.

My friend I know what you are feeling!!!!!    I feel like an arm was cut off. I love William and we too did lots of things together.

I have been writing letters to William everyday. I have entrusted God with his life and ask God often to heal my heavy heart. I know this is what William wanted and his long dream come true. I cannot stop him from the desires of his heart.

My faith in God and knowing that soon I will see him is what makes be try to be happy. But I have moments of sadness. The beautifull years we shared went really fast. But we HAD great time and I have Loved him with all my heart. Chin up and be so so proud, you have a great SON! :)

My son left 2 weeks after graduating high school. He spent one of those weeks on a mission trip. I had 1 week with him after graduation. I am still crying off and on. It doesn't help that he was suppose to PIR yesterday and didn't due to an injury. So we are looking at an additional 6 weeks. before he can finish boot camp. I was up till after 2 am just crying he has been my whole world for 18 years. I miss him so much I just want to hug him. I am worried about his state of mind knowing htat he was suppose to be in that PIR group yesterday.

Thanks it has been tough! The only silver lining to it all is I get to talk to him every week and he says that he is still there because this is where the Lord needs him and can use him the most. He said he went to 2 worship services last week.
All I can say is mine is leaving on Tuesday and I can't stop crying.  So I can tell you, you're not alone and you are not crazy..

I got a phone call this afternoon. He sounds amazing!!! I He said he is now Petty Officer. He is so excited!!!

That is wonderful news!!!
I got my call and she shounds home sick ... but she shounds amazing....
I have been in the same situatuon for weeks now... I have not cried for about 2 weeks but my daughter is always on my mind. I have got letters from her (3) but I just miss her so much... I work alot and I spend lots of time with my other daughter who is 17 now and is starting her SR year in Highschool... I just do not know what to do ......

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service