This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

My husband just joined the navy and he is currently in bootcamp. After he graduates he will be going to Florida. I was wondering how long it will take for me and our son to be able to go live with him and how does on base housing work? If anyone is married to a sailor in Pensacola,Florida it would be great to know a little more about it. I live across the United States so it is going to be a really big move for our family. I am very nervous and excited at the same time. Any information is greatly appreciated =)

Views: 2606

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well we are stuck in great lakes for a few weeks because he had a double ear infection so as soon as it clears we will be heading to pensacola. Hopefully we will be there by the end of the month! How is it down there? Are you living on or off base?

Valarie,

My husband's PIR was yesterday 4/1/11 and he just got to Pensacola. Can I ask you how you were able to move there so fast because I would LOVE to be able to move there in a week or so. Did you get an apartment off base or on base. We should get together when I get there! I would love to get to know another navy wife!

Before I found out we were stuck here until his ear infections clear up I was going to move on our own dime. I found an apartment close to base and had everything ready to go...then those plans got put on hold LOL But I would love to meet up when we get down there with both you and Izzy772. From what we have been told we should be cleared to go to pensacola in just a few weeks.

My husband was stationed at Corry station during a school. I moved down and lived off base bc it was so much easier. It doesn't matter how long your there you can get out with the military clause. You can move down whenever they do. Just remember off base is the way to go, you get great bah and you get a break from base. We live off base in Mayport Fl now and most of our friend that live onbase hate it.
off base is the way to go? I disagree...heavily.

Depends on the people, the base, the area and the housing.  I preferred living in town or on the economy.  Not everyone fits into the housing shoebox.  Others find it the perfect fit.  

Always examine both options.  If looking at living in town, check the crime rate reports for that area.

I have to agree with you. Plus if we do not like off base we can always move on base. the wait right now for a house on base is a month and I want to move there asap! I miss my husband wayyy to much to be away from him any longer.
I'll be in Panama city beach with my soon to be husband whos a diver on June 1st!!!

Thanks everyone for the information. As for the wives club I am for sure going to give it a try. What is the harm of atleast trying right? I love making new friends and being friends with other Military wives will help a lot. My husband's PIR is on 4/1/11. Coming up so soon and I am so excited! I am making a big move from California to Florida. As for the housing situation, I think if there is a wait then we are just going to get an apartment off base. I do not want to be away from my husband any longer and my son needs his dad. I was also wonder if anyone knew the difference between a Dry Air Rescue and a Rescue swimmer. My husband is thinking about switching his job to a Dry Air rescue and I have no clue what that is.

Thanks so much everyone! The information is soooo appreciated!

i currently live in pensacola i am also a NAVY wife :) I live off base in condos right in front of the gates of nas. Almost all military no dog/pet fee and amazing military discount. Pretty much no security deposit and when you move in all you have to pay for is the pro-rate of the month. We have water front view and a pool and the land lord is really nice. The water is included in our 900 dollar rent and we still have bah to pay for other things like power. Its called LANDINGS OF PENSACOLA.

Hey how do you like living in the apartments? My husband finally graduated yesterday and he flew to Pensacola this morning. I am really hope I can move there asap but I have no clue how to get an apartment set up with out having to be there. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you for responding =)

Open this link, then open the file - you'll find a list of groups - scroll down to the ones for Florida. Browse through the groups and see which one has moms from Pensacola - look for Dawn Russell - she lives in Pensacola.  I know they have meet and greets periodically.  Send her a friend request.

Here is the link to the group associated with A school in Pensacola/Cory Station - join this and ask around.

http://www.navyformoms.com/group/sailorsinpensicolaflforaschool

Good luck. If you are looking for an apartment on Craigslist, do not give out your personal information to anyone until you have met the person face to face. There is a scam going on with overseas scum bags copying and pasting legit info and creating a fraudulent listing for the sole purpose of tricking unsuspecting renters into disclosing their personal data. These guys will say, I can only communicate by email, please fill out qualifying questionaire, so we can make further arrangement for you to view property. Of course, the apartment looks fantastic and the info is wonderful but these scam artists do not own the property. I have first hand experience with this (they used info from one of my rentals). I pretended to be a prospective tenant and I try to get them to disclose a phone number to pass along to the police but they are slick. So watch out!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service