This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
My son will start OCS on January 30, 2011.  If there are others with LO's beginning OCS on that date, please respond so that we can begin corresponding. 

Views: 461

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Lori, My LO said that they will not go out for PT if the temps are under 25.
Violet,  I have a relative of that name. My son or LO is Gabe. Is your LO already graduated? I am so happy to hear that they will not go out if the weather was below 25*. I was just imagining Gabe turning into an icicle.
Lori, my daughter Rachel started with your son Gabe. She is in 09-11.  I got a call her from last night. She sounded somewhat discouraged. I hope today is a better day for her.
I am so glad to hear that there are other females in the 09-11 class.  My daughter Alicia started also. The phone call last night was really tough, but we will carry on and pray for the best for them all!  She graduated with a Civil Engineering degree but has decided to follow her dream to fly - she was accepted into OCS for pilot. We are hoping to attend graduation as well (her dad, sister, boyfriend, and I).  It seems that we can't do much more than take one day at a time not knowing what will happen!
Hi, my daughter Rachel is also in this class, there are only six girls.
I also wanted to mention that the group seems to have been split in two.  I believe that there are two girls to a room.  I hope all the girls are in the same group, so that if one of them roles nobody will be left alone.
I am so proud to hear that there are six girls in the 911 class. I did not get a call last night, I thought their phones were taken away yesterday? I was going to light my candle tomorrow, but after hearing about discouragement in some of the LO's voices, I think I will go and light it now! Hold on there mom's.

We heard from Nick early yesterday evening.  He did not call on his cell phone; caller ID indicated "Newport, RI".  Nick had almost completely lost his voice, apparently because of all the yelling they have been doing and, perhaps because of the cold weather.  He was able to speak for literally only a minute.  He did, however, seem to be in good spirits.

my daughter is also one of the girls in the 911 class (Hannah). She gave me this info just before she left so just joining now. We did get the "I'm ok phone call". She said very little but sounded excited. She did say they had a pt test already.

Hello ladies, my LO is in the 09-11 class and We have yet to hear from him, Is this normal?

Donna, not sure I would be worried. Sounds like some got to call and some did not. My son, Jesse M did call Monday, but it was brief. I have hooked up with some Navy moms from No. California and basically they say no news is good news. If you need to know something, you will get a call. Other than that, just keep writing and holding good thoughts for your LO.

Thanks JudyM for the reply....I have my family praying for him and also the whole class...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service