This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
My son will start OCS on January 30, 2011.  If there are others with LO's beginning OCS on that date, please respond so that we can begin corresponding. 

Views: 461

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Donna, I got a call the night my LO checked into the hotel, Sat. eve, but have also not heard since. Of course I am worried after reading that other's received calls, but I am also praying for all of the class and keeping my candles lit....

Hi Moms and Dads

No news is good news but I did hear from my daughter cause she is now in holding. This means she is no longer with the 9-11 class.She is ok with this but I guess a drill seargent didn't like how her push ups looked so sent her to holding for 3 weeks. Upset at first but feels ok now. Good part is that she is able to call nightly! She did want me to let you know that your LO are doing great. Here is what I could get....Running and PT time has been in the gym with new OC but  also ones that are further along. She has seen some of the girls in her class. She said Alicia, Bridget and Rachel look great and are hangin in there. They have their "guns" and did 2 hours of dirlls today and 3 hours tomorrow.. She said they do lots of cleaning  on saturdays and will go to church/ service  tomorrow.  The 9-11 class is divided into  "C"  and "D". In "C" 4-6 have dropped, and 1 in holding. In "D" , zero have dropped and 4 in holding. Keep positive thoughts and prayers!

Dear Lorraine, I am sorry to hear that Hannah rolled, but I am really glad that she has a good attitude. Thank you so much for passing on the information that your daughter relayed to you. We have been worried about Rachel, but are relieved that all seems to be well with her. 

On the other hand I am really surprised that so many have dropped in the first week. Please know that Hannah is in our prayers.

Lorraine is it possible for me to post this to the FB page for 09/11? I know some of the other moms are dying for news.

Hi Lorraine -  I'm glad to hear your daughter is feeling OK about being in holding three weeks.  I appreciate her thinking of all of us 9-11 moms by reporting on some of what's going on with the class.  I'm praying that my son Nick is doing OK and is able to keep his spirits up.  Tina

Hi Lorraine,

I am Mariellen, Bridget's Mom. Violet emailed me your posting for which I was most grateful. Your Hannah is in my thoughts and prayers. She is so kind to think of the rest of us.

Kind Regards,

Mariellen

Hi Mariellen,

Just talked to Hannah again. She saw Bridget today. They only talked briefly but said she was doing ok. Bridget said that she hates her haircut !!! They made it to the point where they don't have to wear their poopie suits anymore. They can now get their mail. Today sounded like a day of rest. They could go to bible study, church and it sounded like they didn't have  to exercise this morning. Slept till 5:15 instead of 4:30. Hannah said everyone is starting to look tired.

we will keep you posted as long as we can!

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine,

Thank you so much fo rthe update! I was pretty certain Bridget would not like her haircut. How are Hannah's spirits? I am praying for her. What do they do in holding, was she able to tell you?

Thanks again!

Mare

Hi Mariellen

She says they do alot of exercising and cleaning. She said that other OC who are further along in the program are working with them on skills etc. It is amazing how long she can talk to me and can tell me what the others are doing. They were going shopping today as a group. She was going to get stationary etc. She was really looking forward to the only privilege they have for the week(church) and I guess the Navy messed up on church this morning. She went to Bible study and saw Alicia there also. She was not able to go to a Catholic Mass and was disappointed with that. She appears very happy but anxious to join back in for the Feb. 20th class. She thinks the holding is a good idea to prepare her better mentally and physically. It is hard to believe she wasn't physically ready. She is a tall strong girl who has been home for the last 5 months only working out at the gym and running. I think the mental isolation and yelling may have got to her as well. She said that they weren't allowed to talk to anyone during the days that she was there. 

We will keep our prayers going for the entire class!

Lorraine

Wow! Good for her, though! Great attitude! Thanks again!

Mare

Hi Lorraine, I hate to even ask, I feel like such a beggar.  Did Hannah say anything else about Rachel? I sure hope she went to Bible Study this morning. Violet

Hi Violet,

Hannah said there were alot of kids at Bible study today. She did not mention Rachel but next time I talk to her I will ask. She said she saw all the girls exercising the other day. All looked tired but doing ok. They are all very greatful for a more relaxed day today.

Lorraine

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service