This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to start a discussion/group for all those that share the same PIR, Ship, and Division as my son listed above.  Please feel free to let me know who you are so we can talk and/or discuss this Division, looking forward to chatting with you.

Views: 1103

Replies to This Discussion

I found a twin wick blue candle at Target! So, I can burn for both my kids in the Navy!

YES! I have my daughter's graduation pic behind the candle and I was thinking that lighting

a candle in front of her picture seems kinda morbid?!...so what is the deal behind the blue candle...

because we have our loved one's in the Navy and this means we are leaving the "light on for them", kinda 

like Motel 6.....hey, i'm trying to keep this light hearted so I don't cry all the time!

Have a great weekend y'all...I'm going to ride my horsie tomorrow, keep busy, and next week, I'll be real busy...than

the following week, I'll start driving up to GL from Florida and see you on 9/1! Anyone want to hitch a ride, one way, from the South!

Wao i will love to drive How manny hours from here by car I am flying on Wed because school and work  , can't take to many days of. My little one start school tomorrow first grade and he is going to take next TH and Friday  so do i

Enjoy your trip and see you on GL on PIR

Did anyone else get a call today? I missed it again!!!!!!!!! :-(
I'm not feeling well thinking about it. I miss my husband & I know he's lonely.
I got a call and so did my husband. He sounded great, still not 100 % but better. I am getting so excited!

I talked to my SR today, so sorry you missed it :( we got to talk for awhile but if it makes you feel better he told me that 283's battlestations start thursday night and end friday morning! Also, they will have the captains cup on saturday. He sounded good! They have thier final PFA on monday or tuesday and a 75 question test on everything on tuesday i am pretty sure. He called it "hell week 2" lol. 10 days till PIR can't wait!

I'm getting different answers for BS21 from other people. But the date isn't supposed to be posted on here, it is supposed to be sent privately. 

So how do I know who is right about the date?

Hi Everyone,

I got a phone call on yesterday as well.  I posted battlestations to the group but it right around the lines of what Laceybre said but my son said one day earlier that what she stated.  My son was in good spirits too and he was able to talk for a while.  My son told me he think he was promoted because he passed his test to an E2.  I was soooo happy for him.  Time is winding down so we will see our SR's soon.

My son is the Yoeman who helps document the scheduling for Battlestations for this Division.

Email me directly if you want the info.

And YES, I too did get a call from him Sunday afternoon....I was totally shocked. He's over  his Pneumonia...thank God!

Sounds so much better. He was so worried about when he can see me, like after PIR....I tired to calm his nerves. They 

really aren't told much...keeps them from daydreaming...I suppose.

I just missed a call on my cell phone... I'm worried it was him. But, I thought it was going to be tomorrow. Anyone get one for our Division?

No and I'm not expecting one today.
that is what I thought... thanks!

Okay N4M....tomorrow...keep your phones handy! I think it is OUR day for that "CALL".

Just have a HUNCH....

When My daughter called, a few weeks back, it was around 2:45 Eastern time! I was trying to get out

of Target that day, knowing she was going to call, and there was a HUGE storm and I couldn't get out of the store

and I worried that I wouldn't get her call in a bldg with a metal roof. But, the storm was so bad I couldn't even get to my car...so I sat at the Prescription bench and talked to her for a half an hour!

Now, tomorrow, we are dealing with the last outer bands of Hurricane Irene...I can't win.

Maybe some of you are dealing with the Hurricane up the East coast... God Bless all of you and stay safe! I saw

footings of the Navy ships leaving Norfolk, pier 5, and it was amazing to see that! God Bless all the Navy Sailors going out to sea to move 64 ships!

Don't forget to tell your SR where you will be after PIR....just walk down, from the bleachers and tell them you will meet them at their Div. where they were standing. They all scramble to get their rain coats and it gets crazy! They have to have that in their hands or ELSE. So that is their first priority,,,,not US....than they will come find you. So, I just stood where she stood during the ceremony and she found me! There will be Thousands of people flocking the floor....it's crazy! But it's all GOOD! Good luck! So, just tell your SR you'll come down and stand right where he was standing for the 2 hours during PIR and he'll /she'll say OKAY!   See you one week from today!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service