This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Any one with loved ones in this division yet? My daughter left Dec 12th. I haven't received a letter yet from her, but I was able to get the Information from the recruiter. 

Views: 5254

Replies to This Discussion

I got a letter yesterday saying they get to call today. I'm not leaving the house for any thing today, don't want to miss the chance to talk to my daughter. As for the SR I'm not going to bring it up unless she does. I think I saw in the RTC FB page that he was in DIV 70. I haven't stopped crying since I heard the news about the SR. I can't imagine what the family is going thru, I know what I'm going thru and I didn't even know him. :(

I feel the same. My eyes have been leaking since I heard yesterday.
I am at work but I haven't taken any customers so I won't miss a call. I would probably lose my job if I answered my cell while working thru a sales process.

Just get a letter today, my daughter said she gets a 1 hour phone call today. WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!! I can't wait. She also want to know who I'm talking to on N4M, so she can compare notes and how well the moms are holding up, lol. So ask your SR about Cali (that's the nickname she has taken, and since we don't want to say real names).

I will ask my daughter if she knows Cali. I dont think mine has a nickname. I didnt see this until I had already talked to her so I guess I'll have to wait for her response in a letter. I think we are the only Moms of daughters in this forum for our division, there are about 50 girls in 071 so where are all the moms???? lol she asked for the website info so she can pass it on to the other girls so maybe we will get more to join in.

congrats on your letter! & enjoy every minute of your phone call!!!!!

I just talked to Sarge and he said to call him. He will give you GREAT advice and help make your trip go a lot smoother. Let him know Shauna asked you to call.

just got off the phone with my daughter! She sounded so good and said its tough but she is doing fine. She said they start the new weeks on Fridays and they don't count saturdays or sundays.  So tomorrow is week 3-1, & Monday is week 3-2. 

We only got to talk about 30 mintues, but that was the best 30 minutes a mom could ask for right now!!!! I did good and held it together, dont ask me how I did that!!! so now I will go and have a good cry and then write her a letter about all the things I wanted to talk to her about but ran out of time for. 

One happy happy happy mom right now!!!!!

Heard my husbands voice for the first time in a month,. He said that it's not as hard as he expected and is very boring, the hardest part is being away from us. He didn't even know it was his only phone call, but he took advantage of every second. 35 more days.... Thank goodness, I hope it flies. 

I don't know how you held it together. I fell apart as soon as I heard her voice, lol. She sounds good thou. I agree about all the things we wanted to talk about, all the questions I want to ask and forgot as soon as I heard her. I'm going to send her the N4Ms website so she can pass it a round. I only got 15 minutes because my daughter want to call her dad at work. I called my aunt as soon as I got off the phone with my SR, My aunt is the one who told me about N4Ms, and my cousin just got out in August. Anyway she said the calls should come pretty regular now. So we can look forward to another call next Wednesday or Thursday. My SR said there are some recruits that haven't gotten any mail. I told her send me their names and I'll send them a card. Ask your SR about them also. If their loved one can send them letters, I'm willing to pick up the slack.

We should get more phone calls?? Everywhere I have read has said they only get 3 calls,. when they arrive to let you know they are there, the call we received today and then 1 more a week before they graduate that is simply "I am a sailor". If he gets to call more he is going to be thrilled! me too! I didn't want to get off the phone, I wanted to keep asking questions or telling him everything I could because they don't get alot of information around there he said, no one seems to want to answer anything. 

A question I have is how long will it be before I can fly to Texas while he is at school?? Does anyone know? Tish?? I keep reading different answers to this. I am well aware it's out of our pocket, but I'm pretty sure he has to be there for a month before we can go and stay in a hotel for him to come and see us on weekends.  I found a place close to base that you can rent out for a month at a time and it's like a studio apart and is about 700 dollars for the month which I don't find to be bad. He told me on the phone the second he is in Texas I am going there and staying there until he graduates. lol I told him that there was no way I could, BUT YOU HAVE TO he said. I know there is no way I'm staying down there for 3 and a half months but any details would be great, thank you.

My aunt said there will be more calls, but things might have changed (I hope not). I guess only time will tell. So is your SR going to be a Corpsmen? That's what my daughter is going to be and is off to Texas also.

My husband is going to be an electrician and will be a Seabee. He will work hand and hand with the marines and be deployed like a soldier would be. He should never have to step foot on a ship. He will be part of the construction battalion and be part of a team to rebuild where they are needed in war zones and after natural disasters. He originally wanted to join to be a Navy Diver,. and under water weld, but you can't just sign up for that, you have to be chosen, so he had to pick a job first and if he was worthy after many tests they would switch his contract and he would be a Diver. After going to a few tests and talking to people and reading stuff online he realized the job he had chosen was an amazing opportunity and well sought after and decided to keep it. You can be an electrician anywhere, How many places can you under water weld? May make alot of money, but it wasn't worth it to me being one of the most dangerous jobs in the US.

My daughter said she didnt know if they would get to call again or not. 

Every command has different rules about liberty, your husband will get all that information probably closer to graduation. I do know that they have different stages in A school and privileges can be individual or by the group. Mostly the priileges pertain to when they can have their laptops, phones, what the uniform requirements are etc. Wish I could be more help.  

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service