This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Welcome to the Division Discussion for divisions 081 and 082.

These two divisions are brother divisions and will be training together from the beginning through BS21 their final test. Your SRs, soon to be SAILORS, are becoming friends, and some of them may be heading to A School together.

Get to know each other, your SRs are!

Please still use the Main Wall of the PIR Group to post questions, and concerns, we “veteran” moms don’t always get to into the discussion area as often as we would like.

Every single question that is asked is important Every single concern is genuine Every single member is important to us We don't want to accidentally overlook any of them or you.

Hang in there!!!

Views: 1440

Replies to This Discussion

Hi everyone, hope everyone had a nice Christmas.  I'm not going to lie, it was a tough one without my son but I did my best to keep that stiff upper lip!  When I couldn't take it anymore, I went to take a shower and cried my eyes out in there so no one could tell I was being an emotional wreck again! :)  HA!  Anyway, I'm just concentrating on the positives and keeping my eye on the prize - PIR 2/1/2013!!!!! 

Sounds like the Meet and Greet at Sarge's is the way to go.  I'm pretty certain that is where we will go so hopefully I will get to meet all of you there!  Can't Wait!

Hi Rose, hope you had a nice Christmas as well.  Sorry to hear you cried. I'm sure it was a very emotional time for you.  I was too busy cooking, cleaning etc. to let my mind wander too much but there were times during dinner, I got teary eyed. Stay positive. It will be here soon.

On another note, where did you find Meet and Greet at Sarge's? I can't seem to find that one under the date.

Thanks and hope we get some letters today!!

Hi there! It's not "officially" posted yet but when it does pop up, you will see it on the right hand side of the home page where all if the other meet and greets are listed. I imagine it will get posted in the next week or so. From all accounts, it seems like Sarge's Meet & Greet iS getting the best reviews and he has the most information about what to expect, etc. I hope you will go to that one so we all can meet up!

Thank you Rose. I will keep checking then.  I saw your daughter is going to Pensacola. My son is as well! I am orginally from Florida so I am thrilled.

@mynavymom, I think you have my daughter and Rose's son mixed up. Rose's son is going to SA for A School; my daughter is going to Pensacola.

Oops, sorry photomom. It's been a long week.  Thanks!

No problem! You know all of these kids are our kids!

Hi All ~

My husband is Ship 03, Div 082, USS Hopper. Would love to connect with anyone who has a recruit his ship/division. I'm counting down the days until PIR.

Got a letter from him yesterday. I have sent lots of mail and he hasn't gotten any of it. Is anyone else having a hard time with mail?

Hi azniki- welcome to the group! My son is with your hubby in this ship and division. I have only received one letter but hoping another one comes today! My son hasn't said exactly how many letters he has gotten but he referenced a few things in his letter to us so I'm assuming he has gotten some mail. This lack of/delayed communication is so hard to deal with, isnt it?!?!?

Looking forward to getting to know you and meeting you in person at PIR on 2/1!!! :)

It's conforting knowing that I can talk to someone who also has someone in the same division. I have gotten 2 letters from Rob and even a "recruit card". His hand drawn version of a Christmas card. I was doing ok until I realized he hasn't gotten any of my letters. I started sending them around Dec 19th after I got the form letter and had his address. Having a very difficult time with thinking that he doesn't think I'm writing him.

His letter yesterday also had written on the outside of both envelpes that he may be calling on Jan 2nd but wasn't sure of the time. So if they are in the same division, maybe your son will be calling as well.   :)

My son is on USS Hopper Ship 03 Div 081. We are having the same anxiety as all of you, hoping he passes his tests and is able to get down to Pensacola for A school. We have received a couple of letters but he had not heard from us at that point. He knows we would write but it is difficult reading letters where he says he hopes to hear from us (argh). Sorry to hear about the recruits who dropped out but also know there would be a period when they let recruits drop early in the program. He said his shipmates where nice and he had made friends. One goal is for them to become a team and it sounds like that part of the program is working. One question we have is does he need a phone card? 

Azniki- just checked the mail and no letter again today. :( I'm disappointed but remain hopeful that I will get a letter soon. And I pray they will get to call on Jan 2nd!!!! I would love that!!!!

Jeriace- yes, they need phone cards to call out. If you didn't send him with any I think he can buy some there at the NEX or you can send him some. You can also get free phone cards to send him at a website... Let me see if I can find the name and I'll reply again. It's a free service that is provided for the SR's.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service