This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Let's get together

Views: 677

Replies to This Discussion

You are going there for Christmas?  Are they going to let you see your son?  We were flying from Arizona.  I would love to see him at Christmas, but wouldn't want to fly all the way over there if we couldn't see him.

Hey everyone!  All is great today!!  We got the form by email and also by mail yesterday.  Talk about sitting on pins and needles!  I even got my first phone call from my recruit last night and another letter too.  I nearly fainted!  He sounds sooooo good!  Christmas came to me early yesterday for sure!!  I would definitely try the FB site.  They are awesome people!!  Two things I have learned that I want to share...one is...You can call the Public Affairs office all week however I will say do not call on Fridays unless you absolutely have to.  They are swamped up there that day due to the graduations being held each week.  It takes a while to get thru and they are so busy you'll feel a little rushed with your questions.  They're still wonderful but if you can help it, don't call that day.  And second, if you go to the FB site be careful not to list this site in your post.  I didn't realize it and while they didn't single me out, they posted a "friendly reminder" to all about it and every post I made was deleted.  One mother sent her daughter a musical card and asked if it was ok after the fact....poor thing, she got blasted from a few folks about her daughter getting push ups or dancing til the battery died.  So, trying to help out, I told her to come to this site for advice and tidbits on things  like that and the NTC deleted it.  Yikes!

Emily, were you able to get any info? 

Hey Bonnie!  My son is SWCC also.  I bet they know each other by now. Wow!  The Scholar flag!!  My goodness!!  My son excels physically but not so much on written exams.  His last letter to me left me with "well, gotta go study"!  I fell down when I read that, lol..

Here's a little funny for you guys!  In the letter my son wrote me last, my son said that he was getting ready to do the gas chamber test and planned on eating ALOT of fruit loops that morning so they would get a "colorful show".  I never thought he'd joke at the prospect of vomiting, but those were his words...lol

hi ladies well I recieved a letter and his girlfriend got a phone call she did call me and tell me what he said. Shwe said it was like 10 minutes and he had to hang up but said he will call back. I hope he calls me this time he said I am talking to a mom who son is J and I should say hi that our son's know each other. He also said their were like 20 SWCC guys does anyone know when they might leave GL. Anyone have have more news please let me know. 

Hello ladies, haven't gotten a phone call, but did get a very very short letter, just telling me who's name to put on the adopt the sailor page for Christmas. I have faxed it twice now. Once with my son's name. Wasnt sure if we would adopt another or not till yesterday. So it is official we have adopted someone elses Sailor for Christmas. Not sure who he belongs to but I will give him a big hug and tell him it's from his Mom. My son has not said too much of anything about BC or the friends he's made.  I can't wait for Christmas.  I want information from him. Already got a list of questions to ask them both. :) 

Got a letter from my son, not very long, but that's ok. He says his friend was reading a letter and talking about what we were talking about on here, and the mother mentioned my name in the letter. My son heard that and said "that's my mom! Anyone know who this is?

I talked to my son on Saturday for 10 minutes and he said I am talking to his friends mom but did not know her name. Does anyone know if the recuits will be able to call on christmas day?

From what I saw about the other divisions that got to go somewhere on Thanksgiving, wherever they go - they let them use cell phones and watch tv, play video games, listen to music, whatever they want to do, it's their day. I hope that goes for wherever our group goes. That would be a great Christmas present! I'll be carrying the phone around the house all day

WHOOHOO! for 802 winning the Captains Cup!
Hi Jan..is your SR going to Pensacola. I saw that he leaves tues. and I did the same thing. Staying till sun..thought that would work out great but my SR said he would be there all weekend and Im wondering if he will be leaving tues too.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service