This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Looking for other Moms who have a loved one on SHIP 04 DIV 813

Quick Look Information for DIV813 Moms with PIR date of 05/18/2012:

THURSDAY, May 17, 2012:

There will be several Mom's who will be meeting at Starbucks 3:30 PM CST the afternoon of May 17th.

• Starbucks located at 780 Lakehurst Road, Waukegan, IL 60085; Phone: (847) 689-4317

How can we 'recognize' each other?

• DIV813 Mom's have elected to wear navy blue nail polish one nail on each hand as a quick way to recognize one another.

Sarge's Meet and Greet or ???

• DIV813 Mom's have elected to (initially) attend Sarge's Meet and Greet from 5:30 PM-9:00 PM CST on Thursday, May 17th, 2012
  • Be sure to RSVP to let Sarge know if you're coming
  • Here's the link for Sarge's Meet and Greet
  • Here's the address for Sarge's Meet and Greet:

Sundance Event Center‎ (Sundance Saloon)
                                        300 Lakehurst Road, Waukegan, IL 60085
                                        Fountain Square‎
                                        (847) 887-0858

What about ribbons?

• If you're buying them you may want to consider "Lala's Ribbons" She needs a week notice to mail them without additional shipping charges.
  • Here's the link to LaLa's Ribbons/Unique Memory Makers
  • If you're making them, use black ribbon with gold lettering

Other Useful Info:

What things do I need to bring to my SR for use after PIR?

• Some ideas from the 'vet Moms:" Tennis shoes, cell phones/ ipods (and their chargers), boxers, socks, compression shorts and Superfeet, a couple of sets of workout clothes, one set of "civies" for Phase II liberty, sunglasses, watch, favorite "comfort" food (cookies, brownies for example)

What are "Superfeet?"

• Superfeet is a brand of insoles for boots or sneakers. They absorb some of the impact. They are very popular and cost about $30(ish).
  • Here's a link for more information: Superfeet

Is there a mall close by?

• Yes, the Gurnee Mall looks to be close by.
  • Here's the link that can provide you with stores and location: GURNEE MALL

Boot Camp Mom's Prayer

God bless my recruit as he meets this day

I pray that he has the strength to find his way

As reveley wakes him so loud and clear

I pray your love will lead him, and he will show no fear

If there's danger and if there's strife

Please send Angels to guard his life

Keep him safe and hold him near

Bless my recruit, I hold him dear

Until he moves on to PIR day

Bring peace to our hearts

And strength to our faith

(Many thanks to our own 'teeny' for sharing!)

Views: 7081

Replies to This Discussion

Hope this the correct way to post to just div 813 moms... I just got off the phone with my son! Woohoo. I had a feeling it would be today. Sounds like they are doing fantastic! Apparently they will be done with everything next Thursday. They aren't sure what will go on the following week. He gave me a list of things to bring. Which were boxers, iPod,cell, possibly lap top jeans and tshirts. Sounds like they have a few special flags. It was great to hear how excited he was about everything.

Happy weekend ladies!  Got a call and letter from my SR today! So Happy!  I  pray your SR called you as well (they all got to call home today).

Teeny i hope you got your call!!!!!!

njwhitney Im so happy you finially heard from your SR. I feel bad he has been writting all this time and you did not know it. Kids! They just don't understand how much we NEED to hear from them. We share every letter with our son, my father, step mother, and sister.

SWCC'Em They are still waiting to hear if they got the Hall of Fame they should know in a few days. I pray you will make it to town for our meeting at starbucks.

Gods blessings to all

I got a call as well! Loved hearing how happy he was! I was so happy I was about in tears the entire conversation I truely miss him so much and these days are luckily still counting on down! :) If I remember right my SR said they ARE in the Hall of Fame, but I was so happy to talk to him it's hard to think back exactly word for word. But I know they've done amazing as a team and will finish early so good job to our SR's for their hard work!!! We should all be proud moms/girlfriends! :) They will officially be done Thurs and I hope they can call home throughout their last week!

hi Cait J my SR said he was pretty sure they were going to get it but they have not heard yet for sure. Maybe they need to get thru Battle Stations first. But they are all praying they will be going to "recruit heaven" It has a tocco bell fast food place, playstation, phones, internet, ect They have earned it!!!!!!!!.

MYTY   YES  I got  my phone call also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   He did say they were in the hall of fame and also after PIR they have off til June 9.  I wish i could stay that long but the weekend will be great.  He said he is still sick and his feet ae broke out because they stay wet.  any suggestions what to take to him for that veteran moms.   He said he is not going to med cuz he doesnt wanna get held back.  He will go after PIR.  He sounded great and happy and is excited about grad...  and can not wait to see everone.  I only got to talk for about 5 minutes cuz he was gonna call his dad also.  Gonna make my ribbons today and get all his stuff together.   i know its early but i am the kind of person that is ready a week ahead of time.  drives everyone crazy.  LOL

teeny and NJwhitney, I'm so happy that you both got a call! I know you were doing teeny's happy dance! :)

myty, How do/did they earn "recruit heaven?" I'm excited for them if that's the case and totally agree that they've earned it!!!

Like Chris's Mom I've been sharing things that I've learned on here with my SR (or simply telling him about you ladies and how wonderful this website has been). I'm really grateful that we'll all still be together after PIR as a group. :)

I got a letter and a call yesterday! Of course I was out pressure washing the house and didn't hear the phone ring the first time-- so I only got about 5 minutes to talk to him, it made me feel bad but it was so good to hear from him and as a bonus, he got to talk to his grandfather!

My SR said that after PIR, they will be in GL for a couple of weeks; they leave for Coronado on 16 June. He didn't mention if they had time off or not. Like teeny's SR, my SR said that his feet "..are horrible because my feet never dry out... the boots don't let any air circulate." He also said that they will be getting different boots after PIR (tropical boots)-- but would also welcome any suggestions from the veteran moms. Sounds like he's been sick too with what I fondly refer to as "kennel cough" (everyone in such close proximity they're bound to get sick with something at some point or another).

Does anyone know what they do for the days/week AFTER Battle Stations? I've not really found a whole bunch on that one... I'm guessing they practice for PIR?

I tried to get my ribbon 'stuff' yesterday but unfortunately the store was closed when I got there. Cait J and I are planning on making them next weekend. teeny-- I'm totally with you on getting things done sooner as well. :) We can drive people crazy together! ;D

sjtina (or other vet mom who wants to chime in): What wisdom do you have for us newbies for the next step that we don't know that we 'need to know?' As always, I appreciate your recommendations and support! :)

My son finished BS a week before PIR and they had them stripping and waxing floors and doing general clean up.  There is no rest for the weary.

sjtina would know more about the next step than I.  My son only graduated a few weeks ago and is waiting for the May 11th group to graduate before starting diver prep school.  He will be in GL for another 6 weeks after that.  If he makes it through, then he heads to Panama City for A school.  There are SEAL candidates in the barracks with them because my son got bombarded with Nerf ball ammo the other night.  It's nice they have a little chance for comic relief.

The rescue swimmers headed straight to Pensacola on Saturday after PIR.  My friend's son is down there now trying to earn the ability to Phase up.  Apparently, there are phases to accomplish to earn different rewards, such as his computer, his civilian clothes etc.

That's my two cents worth.  Sorry I can't be much help.

wisdom, hmmm. I just want to say that this has been of the best Division discussions I have had the privaledge of being a part of. The support and bonds that you have formed is amazing. I hope you all get the opportunity to meet each other.

Bob's moms has the best info for after BS. Honestly, I don't know. 

As for Battlestations, do not be surprised that your loved one is not very perky when he calls. Most of the calls do not come in until later in the day, so they would of been up for about 32 hours. Relieved, but very tired. 

There are groups available for each of the specialties after PIR. PreBuds will have a private group for their class, which will be the second division to join Class 2 97. The group will be started after this weeks PIR by Jaimers. Since it is private, you will have to request to join. I'll give Jaimers an idea of who to expect. I'll post the link once it is started or you will be able to find it above on the PreBuds group. Also, the SEALmoms group can be joined at any time. Lots of veteran and new ones to chat with. 

Coronado will be like heaven compared to GL for those heading in that direction. I heard it is absolutely gorgeous.

SWCC also has a group, if you havent already found it.

If anyone has received a BattleStations date for this division, please friend request/private message it to me.  We can't post the dates on N4Moms but I am keeping a schedule to private message out.  Thanks!

diannep, I just sent you a friend request and a message with the date as I heard it :)

Hi ladies! Happy Sunday!

It's so funny we are all getting diffrent dates and stories as to what is going on from our SRs. God only knows what is truley going on with DIV 813! lol   All I really know for sure is they are kicking butt and doing great! Praies God!

SWCC'Em I believe they earn it because of the Hall of Fame award (but I could be wrong). My SR also has been sick all thru BC along with having his wisdom teeth (as he put it) "ripped out of his face". He told us he does not look like himself in the pictures that were taken because his face was still swollen and he could not smile right. That's a bummer! I couldn't wait to get these pictures and now it's not going to be his handsome face! Oh Well. As for your SRs feet, maybe a medicated powder like Gold Bond (I think that's what its called). Also essental oils like peppermint or lavender oils are great. I am giving my SR peppermint oil. It's great for alot of things especially sore throats and colds. Put a few drops in water and drink it down. He can also put about 5 or 6 drops in water and soak his feet. It will help eliminate bacteria.    

One more day to go till Battle Stations! May God bless them all

I totally agree myty--- who knows what exactly is going on-- this is like sewing a quilt: everyone brings a little patch here and a little patch there :D

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service