This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Looking for other families that have Recruits in Div 813

Views: 750

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure how private anything is on the internet.  probably the less said the better.  The less we know, the less we can accidentally repeat :(

surfguysmom:  Angie admitted that she is not involved in RTC (different base)---she was only speaking of general practice for OPSEC....and they encourage people to practice OPSEC rules.  But...we had permission last Fall to post dates on this site.  Remember, FB shows people's last names...I'm even surprised that people are allowed to post on there if SR's names are the same as the one posting...since that is like last name disclosure.  In fact, some of the ship FB pages have been shut down for what they were posting on there. 

There are no last names here...we had permission from RTC last Fall to post dates on N4M.  It is up to you all if you want to have your date posted or not.  If you do, then I will add it to the schedule in the BattleStations discussion group.  800 divisions have been posting their BattleStations dates for a long time.  In fact, can't remember one NOT posting it in the year I have been posting the Battlestations schedules...but again....up to you all.  We already know that it will be Thurs, Sun, or Tues.  Mon night is already full with 4 divisions going.

I would like to attend the meet and greet, too. So I will look for you all!  Maybe we should wear name tags with our divisions. : )        Oh my, we certainly don't want to get them in trouble.  I only know that my son said he's going to be very busy these last 2 1/2 weeks and won't need a lot of letters. I still wrote and send him a "form letter" anyway....
I think name tags with name and DIV#  are a good idea.

I haven't tried...sounds like they get answered before I would be likely to see the question.

Yep...9 more days...and even sooner for me since I'm treking across the country I'm heading out early.  Just in case.  Will be so nice to be able to talk on the phone regularly, but I will miss the letters too.  Saving them all.  Hope you get one today!

No letter today.  That's ok, I know he is busy and doesn't really like to write.  I'm sure I'll hear from him again before PIR.  We're heading out on Wednesday and will get there Thursday morning at 1:00. Yikes!  At least we'll have time to rest on Thursday before leaving at 4:15 AM on Friday morning.  Do you know what time that is California time?  Yikes again.  Deneen, you know, you'll be in the same boat with the time change.

Yikes is right!  I've done that math too :)  We're heading out Weds too.  Wow.  Sounds like we're on the same exact time-frame for arrival!  That's 1 week from tomorrow!!!!   2:15 am Pacific time.  Good thing we'll be too excited to be tired! 

I received  a letter yesterday.  They have a lot of quals coming at them.  In the home stretch though! 

The guys generally stop writing 10 days out and you should also stop 10 days out.  Once out of BC the communication gets much better but you may be like some of us and miss the letters even though we hear from them more. This site is public and the rdc's can monitor what is posted so be careful what you post.
I received a letter today, I expect it's the last one.  Was written on Tuesday of this week.  It will be nice to talk to him more, but I will miss the letters.  It seems strange not to write every morning...wrote the last one on Monday.  Good advice...good practice going forward into the next leg of the journey.
I will make a HUGE sign that has our Div # on it and will stand on chairs or whatever at the meet and greet so that we can find each other...LOL  We are driving up so that will not be a big deal to make and take with us.  I think the less said on hear the better truthfully.  Looking forward to Friday that is for sure...and also looking forward to meeting all of you.  Save travels to all.....GO DIV 813
I just saw on FB RTC's answer to a question that "The only recruites who will be present to attend the festival are those remaining in Great Lakes for A school.  All others fly out on Saturday."   Has anyone in 813 heard this for sure?   I had thought they would stay in Great Lakes, 9 days was the shortest rumor - up to a couple months, pending in Dive Motivator, prior to going to CA.  Do they consider Dive Motivator an A school then?
Some will fly out on Sat., Sun and as flights are available.  You will not know for sure until PIR or a day or two before if they get the chance to call.  Be flexible as it is the military way to always change things.  This can be hard to get used to but it is the way it is, leave dates change, deployments change lots of hurry up and wait sometimes.  The more you are able to go with the flow the better.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service