This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Looking for other families that have Recruits in Div 813

Views: 750

Replies to This Discussion

That is good to know.  I hope they do that for this one as well.

Coming up with a way to recognize each other a great idea!  I had wondered too, since a lot of people don't use their names, or use pictures how we would recognize each other. 

A scarf sounds like a good way.  I don't have one, but could get one.  Anyone want to?  Or something different?

Hi! I'm a 932.. but I found this picture of your DIV! http://www.lakecountyjournal.com/articles/2011/06/16/71524894/index...
Thanks Jessica!  First pic of 813!  You're quite a detective :)
No problem(: Were you able to see anyone?
We have a disagreement in our house.  The guy right behind the RCPO.  You can only see his cheekbone and ear, lol.  His dad and I think that is him - but his hair/complexion isn't as dark as it appears there...could be the lighting.  It's a cheekbone and ear match though!.  His older brother says no way.  I was convinced...now I'm wavering.  Guess we'll have to save the pic and ask him at BC!
I found a photo of mine's eyebrows last week. This week I got eyes and a nose(:  It's the little things haha.
How funny.  Between our ear/cheekbone and your eye/nose/eyebrows match...we almost have a whole face ;)

I love the picture!  Thanks for finding it. I was looking so hard at the ear of the person in the middle row.  COULD that be my son's ear????  ; )  The article was informative, too.

Also, my son had a sinus infection and wrote that he was out of PT for 2 days, but felt much better. Maybe he's one of the ones other recruits were talking about getting sick. I got a letter yesterday and he said he can't believe that July 1st is so soon. Also, that security will be quite tight.
Anyone know when BattleStations are for this division?  They can go next Thurs/Fri, the following Sun/Mon, or Tues/Wed.  They are the only division missing from the BattleStations schedule in the BattleStations discussion group.  Please let me know and I will add them.

i just received our 813 shirts today.  I'll post a pic later.  And no, no word on when they will do battlestations yet.

Rec'd a letter.  They are very busy.  He listed off several things coming their way and battlestations was one of them, but he did not mention details or dates.

Hello!  I wanted to throw something out there to see what you all think.  You can tell me if you think I am being over cautious.  I heard of an SR from our division getting in trouble for something seemingly innocent that was posted here.  That being said, I know that the RTC Facebook site has posted that they don't want anyone posting the actual date of a division's battlestations.  Also, Angie, who works at the A school in Great Lakes, and is a member of our group, has also mentioned that we should not be posting dates for battlestations.  I know the "veterans" of N4M disagree, but since it came directly from the RTC, I feel like we should comply.  Maybe there is a more private way for us to communicate it to each other?  Can we send each other private messages?  I think we need to add each other as friends first but I'm willing to do that, if you all are. 

What do you think? 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service