This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Who else has a SR in this division?

Views: 693

Replies to This Discussion

I hear ya - my daughter just turned 20 and has never been away from home...but I know this is what she wanted and know that it's going to be great for her - so 3 out of 3 in the military huh?  Would you have ever in a million years thought that as they were growing up?

Actually it is 3 out of 4 my middle son stayed home and married his high school sweetheart :) just as proud of him.

I would never have imagined any of them in the military, the first one came home and told us about six months before he turned 18 that he was going to join for training with computers, then after he had signed the enlistment papers they found out he was color blind so he couldn't do the computer training, he ended up in the "personel" field..he ended up injuring his leg just a few months before his enlistment was up while he was in Korea and he had to have surgery so they kept him an extra year until his rehab was over. He is wouldn't change having served but wishes it could have ended differently

My youngest told us in the morning that the recruiter would be there that night, one week before he turned 18, during the meeting when they wanted us to sign the form I asked him what he would do if we didn't, he told me he would wait a week and sign them himself but this way we would show that we supported his decision and would be there for him..... I just quietly pulled the paper over and signed. He had waited because he didn't want us to try and talk him into going to school first. Now he plans on making a career out of it. He will celebrate his 8 year anniversary in August. and now his wife is in the Navy....some days I wonder if I'm dreaming it all...LOL

I have a son at home who is 17- we shall see what he decides...so there's 81 in each division? And they all take showers at the same time? That's crazy...our daughter told us in December about wanting to join, she has always been a homebody but I know this is going to be great for her

no there are 81 ladies in the two divisions. apparently at night all the ladies in divisions 223 and 224 sleep/bathe in the same area and the men have thier area. I am sure they don't all get to shower at the exact same time but still having that many people trying to bath during the same period does not sound like fun to me :)

She says division 223 is an integrated division with 41 females and 38 males so the balance of the ladies would be from division 224. she said the divisions are seperate during the day for training and then at night the ladies share one compartment and the guys another.

she also says the weather has been good and the food is okay, If I am reading her handwriting correctly :) it looks like she says their barracks is called Arliegh Burke.. I am not sure that last word is correct, her writing was getting a little small at that point of the page..

Hopefully I am reading this stuff correctly :)

I really admire the girls who feel the call to serve, I have to admit I don't know if I would have been strong enough at their ages to leave home and do something like this.

How many kids do you have?

In the letter I received today my SR said that at night all the ladies from division 223 and 224 share the same shower/sleeping area and that there are 81 ladies in the two divisions I can't even imagine trying to get a shower with that many people around :) 

Arleigh Burke is the name of their ship - apparently after a highly decorated sailor - yes I don't know that I could have done that at their age..I am so proud of them!

JDM, Ok since your daughter and mine son are in the same div. I will just live through you, so keep posting when you get letters!  Maybe today???????

Most definitely...I can't wait to hear from you on your SR's letter either - In my daughter's first letter she said she liked her RDC's, 2 petty officer and 1 senior chief, she said they were hysterical and as long as you listen they like you.  Last Sunday they had "holiday routine" so she said they got to study, an hour to shower, shine their boots, etc.  Crossing my fingers for everyone to get their letter today!!!

I had an idea i thought i would share. One of the things my sr said she was missing most is the sound of her dughters voices. My son is going to get one of the recordable cards and have them send her a message, then he will have them put on some of her lipstick and kiss the card, cover it with tape so that it doesn't smear and trace their hand onto the card and tell her they r sending her hugs and kisses. I'm going to send het a blank card so she can sing them a song to be played at bedtime.... that way she still feels part of their lives and they know mom is thinking of the. Letters are good but sometimes you just
need to hear that voice
i'm trying to think of anything to keep her spirits up

awesome idea!!!!

Oh...I hate to say this as it is such a wonderful thought and idea...but cards with sound do not go over well. The standard musical ones can ( not always) bring negative results. Battery ripped out, IT, reports of having to dance to them. So not sure on a "talking"one...but still in the "sound" category. I really doubt that she will be able to record one back either. Not sure...but just going on what I have experienced on here for the last year. I know your SR may need "a lift" (must be very hard not to hear or see her daughter), but since it could end up being a negative...just trying to spare her that.
Just a general note for all, stickers and drawing all over the outside of the envelope is discouraged (may draw attention to your recruit), and glitter is a very bad idea (I know some cards may have some small sprinklings) as they have inspections and as we all know...glitter...can be very hard to get rid of completely and just one piece shines like a beacon.
Please Everyone make sure you read the discussion on "Writing Letters..." (It has tips for you) in the discussion forum. If it is not showing...click "View All" to get to all of the pages and skim through until you find it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service