This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Since we will all be sitting in the same section of the bleachers at PIR, maybe it would be nice to have us all post something here in this section.  We could keep up with what the Division is doing by the letters others are receiving from this Division as well.

Views: 553

Replies to This Discussion

If there truly was something wrong you would have heard by now. I'm in the military myself so I have good feel for these things. The lack of sleep probably hit those kids so they may be racked out after getting into an energy drink. You will hear from him and there will be a logical reason. Its to easy to say don't worry but things will be fine.
From what my daughter told me, your son went to the medic and he will get a phone call, but it might not be tonight, you will probably get one this weekend or first part of next week.  But he did pass his battlestations and will be at PIR, he just had a really bad cough, like most of them there, my daughter should have gone to the medic, but she was just too stubborn.  I know it is hard, but try not to worry.
Thanks everyone,I'm sure he'll call as soon as he can. I really appreciate your help .
I'm sorry you haven't heard from him.  My dtr said she shook hands with him after BS (they all shook hands to congratulate one another) and she said he wasn't feeling well and was going to lay down.  She said he is ok, just not feeling great and wanted to rest or go SIQ.  She said he will get to make up the call since he earned it.  I'm sure he knows you are worried bc all our kiddos were asked what was going on with him.  I bet when he calls he'll be laughing about it.  I'm so sorry you didn't get the call. If it brings any peace, she did say he was ok.

I am so happy for everyone. My daughter is now on ship 4 since she is on medical hold. I do believe things happen for a reason.

Tricsious- I am glad she got to meet your daughter. I hope they stay connected. Someone from there will take her to Wisconson to her appointment. I am just praying with the new meds that maybe things will correct itself and she can resume her training. I hope when she is off of medical hold that she will get in a great div. She said there were alot of recruits with her for different medical reasons.

Congrats to all the new sailors. :)  So happy that 174 became a team in the end and will march proudly at graduation.

I am hoping that some of us will stay in contact, here on Navy4Moms or on Facebook, maybe we can start a forum "Post Boot-camp Moms of Div. 174" or just "Post Boot-camp, Division 174"
Did you get a phone call?
My daughter said something about getting some photos in the mail of the Division and individual; it may be too soon but has anyone got theirs yet?
No, photos in the mail yet...my daughter said something about picking the photos up at the student NEX, but she was going on and on about all sorts of things, so I could be mistaken.
I think we will get them at PIR.  That is my understanding.
Still no call from my son,hopefully it will be today. About the pictures,he had told me in a letter earlier that I would get pictures at PIR Friday.
I'm so nervous...we are leaving wed. What should we wear to PIR. I checked weather it's 66-67 highs thru and fri of next week. We are in shorts and carpus in va. Are carpus o.k for PIR or should I be more dressy?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service