This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Since we will all be sitting in the same section of the bleachers at PIR, maybe it would be nice to have us all post something here in this section.  We could keep up with what the Division is doing by the letters others are receiving from this Division as well.

Views: 553

Replies to This Discussion

I made a FB group for us (my friends from PIR 4/29 did one, and I thought it was a fabulous idea). The Sailors and family members with FB pages are more than welcome to join. I know OUR group will most likely keep in touch as we have all gone thru so much together, so this will help :)

Message me for the info. If we are already FB friends, message me w/what your name is there so I can add you as well!

I got to talk to my daugther for the first time on Friday.  She was extremely tired.  She has been fighting an ear infection and cold, like a lot of others from what I understand.  I am so very thrilled that she passed her battlestations and everything is still a "go" for PIR on 5/20. 

Now to start packing!  woohoo!  Looking forward to meeting everyone on Thrusday night.

Brandis Mom - I have all of my ribbon badges cut out and am putting the pins on tonight.  Do I bring them with me to the meet 'n greet?

yes, I would bring them to the meet and greet and then the ones that don't get a ribbon there, we can pass out to them in the bleachers until we run out, I even made some smaller ones for kids, not many, but some, until I ran out of toner for my laser printer. 

Not sure if I will be able to stay at the meet and greet, have my three sons who I have not seen all together at one time coming in on Thursday as well, so will just have to play it by ear, but if I can't show up at the meet and greet, I will get the ribbons there one way or another.

I have already started the packing process, the one suitcase I thought we would need has now turned into 2 suitcases and 2 carry ons, my husband thinks I am over packing, told him I would rather over pack then under pack.

Are you staying at the Ramada? You can just call me and I can get them from you or you can leave them at the front desk.
Attire for PIR - I'm planning on wearing a nice pair of jeans with a really nice light weight sweater.  Is that too casual?  I want to be comfortable since we will probably be going out to eat afterwards and will be walking so much. 
I think it will be appropriate, I am wearing either a pair of jeans or some black slacks, not sure which ones yet, depends on my mood once I get there, with ankle brace on, it is hard to decide which pair will be more comfortable, will just have to wait and see once I start getting dressed Friday morning.
I'm wearing jeans and a navy blue polo. Don't have too many cool weather things since it's already pretty much summer here!

I agree.  It is so hard to pack "light" when the weather is sooooo crazy!  I'm taking sweaters and then a couple of tops that I can layer.  You just never know if it will be cool or warm this time of year.

Good morning everyone!  Can you believe we are here???  This is our week!  I am so excited we are finally here!  The weather has been very cold and I was hoping for a warm up while we are there.  Probably wishful thinking on my part. 

I was wondering if any of your SR's gave you and indication as to when to send the last letter.  I know its cutting it close, but I was hoping to send one more out today.  My last letter went Friday before all the chaos, so i never sent my official "last letter" and wanted to do so.  Do you think I would be safe to do so?

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Getting ready for PIR....let the packing begin!!!

I know I can't believe it almost here. I can't do much of anything these days. Still haven't received the phone call ,ive waited all weekend.we are leaving Wed am I thought we could scope out all the good places to eat before Friday. Concerned about the weather cause it's warm here,can't believe we will be going back to the cold.( we both work for a fuel company where cold weather is our busiest time) lol... Can't wait to meet everyone Thur. I received a letter sat. He said school didn't start til may 29 would love to bring him home for a week but I don't know ,at first he said he flew out 2 am on sat. So I'll wait and see.a lot of people would love to see him here at home let's keep our fingers crossed!!
I've already found tons of good places to eat, I did my research early  :)   If you have a smart phone, add Yelp to it. You can get reviews, etc of everything right around you or wherever you're intending to be. You can also do it online if you're bringing a laptop.
When I started this adventure I was very scared.I had to let go of my son who I have clung to for years,he was honestly my pride and joy which all of my children are,so when I say I had to let him go I MEAN I had to let go.But now it's time to see him after such a transformation . I am so proud of him and have talked to some of the greatest people here.I thank you all for keeping me sane for the last 8 weeks! Thank you for taking your time on the phone to ask your children about my son. I talked to him yesterday and he said he had some really good friends there. I can't wait to meet you all Thurs.night. Until then safe travels for all heading to PIR 5/20 ------thought would never get here!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service