This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

If you have a recruit in this division please let me know. I know that all of us who have someone graduating on 06/11 have to stick together. But it is so nice to know the family and friends of the men my husband is spending all of his time with. Also, I thought we could send letter or cards to each others recruits to add a little variety to their letters. Please let me know what you think!

I know my husband would be so thankful to know that I am getting so much support from his classmate's families. I look forward to talking to everyone on here and learing more. I can not wait until the meet and greet to be able to put a name with a face.

Good luck Navy Ship 11 Div 212!!!

Views: 879

Replies to This Discussion

From all that I've read and heard, they normally don't get to call until week 3, unless they've achieved something special or volunteered for some duty. This is week 3. And Sunday is their day off. So I just know we're all gonna get a call on Sunday.
We can always count on you Mimi to be upbeat for us - thanks!!!
Oh ladies, this is something I forgot to mention ( and I can't believe I did), but Josh told me that he has written about 7 letters, but they have not let them send them yet. I was looking back over what I've posted and I realized I did not put that in any of my posts. He did say that he thought they would go out on monday. He also, said that they are not getting any of our mail either. I have sent 12 letters myself. They are not handing it out yet, but I'm not sure when they will start. Again, I am so sorry for not mentioning that. I posted it on my facebook and realized I didn't say it here.
I am with you on days I'm down it can be hard to write a letter that wouldn't make him feel like he needed to be home. So I just write him (in detail) about what has happened at our house during the day. And there are a few letters you can borrow from this site and some super cute one liners. Have any of you read over them? Or another idea is to send a funny card (no music). I went to the store and stocked up on 99 cent cards for the days I'm too busy to write or on days I'm at a loss for words. I want my husband to get something daily.
For those of you going to PIR~ I thought it would be nice to set up a DIV 212 table so we can all meet and have drinks. It's just an idea. But since I'm staying at the hotel I thought I could go a little early and set it up. Let me know what you think. I would also like to take a pic with all of us, we will be life long friends. It's crazy how someone so far away can help ease all of your fears and someone standing right next to you doesn't know what to say. Love you ladies! Here's to hoping we get mail tomorrow!
I must have missed when and where the meet and greet is....
That's encouraging to know they've been writing but the letters aren't going out. I wonder why they would hold them? Give me some details on the meet and greet and I'll make sure to add them to my plans! Thanks!
Kelly, if you go back to page 2, I posted a website for the Ramada Inn, you don't have to be staying there, all navy recruits mom, Dads, Wifes, Husbands and girlfriends can go it is from 7-9p.m. Thursday night before PIR.
What hotel are you staying at? I hope you will come, I think Joshswife has a great idea to set up a table for our Ship and div. We could take pictures to show our "Rickys" the friends we have made on this site. I think i'm becoming addicted to this site, i mean this as a good thing, you girls are all wonderful.
Thank you - I think doing a table too would be a great idea. I am going to make our travel plans tonight. I'll see what the Ramada has to offer us. I got a call from our son tonight! I was so happy to hear his voice! He sounded happy and said the division is really good. He did well on his PT and said his DEP training has really kicked in. He did say that he received all my letters today in one bulk package. He also mentioned that he has written several but they held them all together too and just mailed them out today. It was so nice to have an explanation for why we haven't heard from them.
Kelly, I'm so happy for you! I'm sure you're on cloud 9 now and will be for the rest of the day/week. It's good to know he's doing well, that he likes his division and did well on his PT test. Maybe we should tell him to help my husband on his PT, lol! I bet our men feel so much better having gotten our letters. They will probably spend every free minute cathching up and reading them. Have a great day!
joshswife, they may hold the letters till the recruit that was chosen to do the mail is done training. I read somewhere that it could take up to five days till they are trained(who knows when that 5 day started). I love the idea about setting up a table for the division. We are staying there also, so if I can give you any help just let me know. Also does Joshswife give her first name on here? I might have missed a post where you did. I am envious of everyone that got phone calls, but there couldn't be any better call than on Mothers Day! Did any one ever see the movie Steel Magnolias? I kind of feel like this is a sisterhood of women on the internet!
usnavybrat~ I hope that 5 days started 10 days ago because I'm dying for a letter, lol. That would be great if you could help set up a table. I was thinking the week before we could all decide on a theme and decorate that way. And the picture idea is great!
I hope to get a call on Mother's Day also, but I feel like since I got his 1st phone call he should call his mom then, if he's able to make a call. I know this has to be just as hard for her as it is for him. He's such a momma's boy, but I love that about him.
My name is Destinye, I may not have mentioned it before. At first I wasn't sure if we used names on here and then I just got used to Joshswife.
I love that movie, my sister's name is Shelbi; after that movie. And yes we have all grown a bond and just think about what it will be like over the next 6 weeks. Can you believe we already have 2 weeks down and working into week 3?
I am going to try to get to sleep before 2am tonight so I will talk to you guys tomorrow. I hope you all sleep well and have a good day. Let's all pray we get mail tomorrow and I'm not talking about bills. Sweet dreams!
Well girls still nothing for me. I sure was happy to hear Kelly got a call the other night, but then I got my hopes up that maybe Wednesday night I would get one, that was wrong. I can only hope that maybe today a letter would come. I think I'm going through Emotional Boot Camp and I didn't even enlist! My mother keeps reminding me about our Navy life. She said at least you will get a phone call we sent things like (telegrams and letters)and even back then it was "Hurry Up and Wait". I said how did you not get home sick being in the Phillipine Islands and Japan for over 7 years away from your mom and dad and family? We waited for letters and pictures (slides were big when I was a baby) and back then she said you were on base with all other navy families from everywhere and we made them our family! My God parents were a family stationed with my Dad & Mom and it just so happened they were from PA also. She said you just take it a day at a time and remember this is what they chose and you have to support it just like we supported whatever you wanted to do with your life. I guess I'm just impatient. I'm going to go about my day now and maybe the mail fairy will appeare later this afternoon!! Thanks girls for listening again!
Hang in there Brenda - we'll all think of each other as we head to the mail box! I just finished reading a biography on Aundrey Hepburn and she said when she was growing up her neighbor's son joined the service. Both the parents and the son were illiterate so she said there was absolutely no communication between them. They just had to wait for him to show up after the war was over. Wouldn't that be awful? I couldn't imagine. I'll keep hoping for letters for all of us today and hopefully a phone call Sunday if not sooner! I got my hotel reservations made yesterday - we're at the Ramada too! I can't wait to meet everyone!
Brenda~ I'm glad we live in the days of cell phones because it would have been so hard to only write to each other for years at a time.
Kelly~ Those poor parents i couldn't even imagine how hard that must have been. It makes me feel like maybe I can handle this. And YAY for staying at the Ramada, that's where we're staying.
On another note I did not receive a letter today. When I talked to Josh he told me he had already written me two so I'm hoping they come soon. I did however, get a letter I sent to my little brother (who is in Marine boot camp) on April 11. Apparently I forgot one number in the address so they sent it back to me. I'm going to resend it tomorrow. I'm starting to get a little antsy, I wanna know how things are going for Josh.
Let me know if you ladies receive anything, I'm praying that you do.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service