This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Carol....just checking to see if you got a letter today?  I still didn't and was really surprised.  I am about 850 miles away, but still...if it was mailed on Monday, I should have gotten it by now.  I am worried that something happened and he wasn't able to write.

Views: 487

Replies to This Discussion

Good Morning Ladies,

Another day closer to seeing our child. I have sent out two more letters and a card last night.I have prayed and prayed and I am feeling very positive this morning. I have attempted and almost (99%) succeeded in making myself get up and move mentally and physically instead of moping. The countdown is on! 36 days and we will see our babies. I have to remember that we waited 9 long months to meet them the first time, so I am told when we meet them for the second time they will be a full grown man or woman, but yet he will still be my baby as I am sure you will all agree. Chin up ladies, we must be strong for them. It is our job to help them through this. We can do it and we know THEY can do it. Till this evening ladies, go forth and prosper!

Kathleen

I got my first letter today:)!  He seems to be doing well.  I hope all of you got one too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEA!!!  we got two!   we can not believe the way he was talking..already..he said"I didnt realize how good I had it at home!! and that he missed us and lots of things we didnt expect to hear...so soon anyway.  sounds like they are doing better and things are looking up for them as a group!!   cant wait till graduation!!  already have car, and hotel booked...guess I'll book airline tics now!!     take care!!   have a good weekend!!  carol

Hi Carol

I recieved a letter from my granddaughter yesterday, which was the 16th. I was very thankful and relieved.

I could tell the difference in her words also, as if she has new respect for the words home and tranquility.

LOL. She said she was doing well, and much she miss us.She said "the div. leaders really do curse like

sailors and get in face." LOL. We need to continue praying for our recruits, that they will have strength and wisdom to get through this as ONE!!! BE BLESSED!!!

Angie got the first letter today too. :) Feeling a lot better.
Thank you for the words of encouragment!! I think we can all use them. Maybe our unity will in some way send some positive energy to our division. Be Blessed.

Ladies this is Jules,

I finally got a letter today. I felt like i had won the lottery.

I ran inside cried thanked god and finally opened it. He said he is good.

they are a good div and look out for each other. First 2 days were hectic

but now better. "they are a close knit group"

Hope everyone else gets their letters and I hope you feel a little more a ease.

Got letters today...all in all, I would say he's doing well.  Had his wisdom teeth out several days ago.  He says it is VERY TOUGH, but did not at all sound like he thought he couldn't make it.  Quite the contrary.  He sounded much like he would fight his way through!  No hint of regret, though he did say he wanted to pass their first test yesterday, or he would be set back 2 wks, which he couldn't fathom! lol  I'm assuming he passed, as I've read that they would call home with any kind of failure, physical or academic.  Haven't heard a peep.  He said it was certainly physically tough, but the worst part was the mental and emotional exhaustion.  He has made numerous friends, and spoke of them laughing at things in the letters his brothers sent, so it does sound like they get to have a relaxed moment here and there, though I know it's rare.  He asked that the letters and prayers keep coming.  The biggest smile came when he wrote, "God willing, in 6 weeks, I'll be a UNITED STATES SAILOR!"  I can smile tonight....my son is well. :-)

I got another letter today as well, an entirely different person wrote this one. He is doing good, passed his swim test and he was preparing for their first exam. Whew..I can breath so much better now as well. I am getting ready to make reservations for our room for the weekend. I am thinking the Navy Lodge or the Ramada Inn in Waukegan. I know the plus of the Inn is the shuttle and breakfast, does anyone have an opinion of either of these 2 places?

Kathleen

So glad you got this new letter with a new attitude!  It's amazing how their words can change our whole mood.  As for hotels, at this point I booked in the Holiday Inn & Suites in Gurnee...it is right across the street from a Walmart and some good restaurants.  I was pleased with the reviews I'd read.  Hope I'm happy with it!
Has anyone heard about a parents night the night before the graduation?  Haven't booked my flight yet and need to know what functions I will be attending.  One Tays recruiters mentioned a parents night.
I was trying to check aroud the site for you I think meet and greet is hosted by the Ramada on Thursday night. I will continue to search.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service