This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Anyone one else with a loved one in that div with a PIR of 8/17/2012?

Views: 1245

Replies to This Discussion

I got a call from my son the same day and his call was earned also. He has a bad cold, along with many others in his division also, The mom in me wants to call and check on him but can't. Thats the hard part. He is in div 250 but it sounds like they all train together. So much to learn about bootcamp and what goes on.

Hi my son is also Ship 11 Div 249.  How are you doing?  Have you recieved many letters? 

OH OH I found one!!!  I have been looking for a mom with a son in 249.  Hi!  How is your son doing?  Is there more moms with sons in 249? 

There is a facebook page for families with SR's graduating on 8/17....here is the link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/385123854884947/#!/groups/385123854...

Thanks FTLW!  I'm still new here and haven't explored much. 

My daughter is in Ship 11 Div 250. PIR 8/17/2012. Cant wait! Missed her phone call last week as I was not expecting a call until 3 weeks in (thats what she told me during that heartbreaking call upon arrival at RTC). I sat and cried when I listened to her voicemail! Bet I keep my phone on at all times now!!

I did the same thing, totally depressing. My daughter is Shipp 11 DIV 249 with a PIR of 8-17-12.

jtuttle, how did your daughter sound in the voicemail? My daughter was half crying which made it so much more depressing. Even my Dad cried when he heard it. Since getting the form letter where she wrote a nice note on the back I feel better. It was encouraging and sounded like she was in good spirits!
How old is your daughter? Mine is 18. Left just 2 weeks after graduation.

My daughter sounded like she was going to cry also which broke my heart, I so wish I would have gotten the call. My daughter also wrote a nice little note on the back of her form letter which helped although she said she has to get her 2 bottom wisdom teeth out which is freaking me out a little but other than that it was encouraging also. Mine left 3 weeks after graduation so they are probably in the same boat (ship). I am hoping that they might get to call tomorrow since it's a holiday, who knows though, one can hope.

I still feel kind of sick when I think about the phone calls.  When she called the night she arrived at RTC I asked her how it was so far and in a whisper she replied, "oh my God Mom!"  She sounded so scared and when she had to hang up she cried.  I was a nervous wreck after that.  Couldn't go back to sleep, couldn't eat, and just felt sick to my stomach for a couple days.  Then when I started feeling a little bit better got the voice mail from the call I missed.  Not a good week for me!  But from everything I hear and read it gets better.  Still not easy but better.

That would be nice if they can call.  I understand they can write letters only on Sundays and holidays.  So maybe we'll get letters soon.  I wonder if they will pull her wisdom teeth while in boot camp?  Well, I guess a plus to having them taken out now, its at the Navy's expense??  

Was and still hoping for a call today! 

I got the same calls sastamey, Haven't heard a thing since.  I keep my phone glued to me, hard when my 3 year old thinks he owns it lol.  So sorry you missed her call!  My daughter said they had earned it for passing room inspection. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service