This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Anyone one else with a loved one in that div with a PIR of 8/17/2012?

Views: 1245

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome Proudmomma! My daughter is in 250 also. Hoping to get a letter today. Sorry to hear your SR has been sick, guess its really making the rounds. I am excited to hear they earned a flag! Must finally be coming together as a team! What is your daughters first name? I am curious if our daughters know each other! I havent heard if Joanie's daughter and mine know each other. Hopefully she'll say in the next letter.

Thank you for the kind welcome.  It has been comforting reading everyone's posts and realizing everyone is on pins and needles waiting to her what is going on in their SR's lives right now.  Her name is Ashlee, I also mentioned to her about Joanie's daughter and yours (I think her name was Taylor, right) in my last letter I wrote to her.  I asked her what was up with no teamwork!! Well anyway sounds like they are finally all clicking.  But can you imagine living in one room with 80 + other girls, yikes.  

Sure!! Yes, this website is a Godsend! Of course my husband and son think Im obsessed! It just makes the time go by faster and by communicating w/so many who are feeling and experencing the same as you is very comforting! I told my daughter its kind of funny because all our reactions are the same when we receive letters and calls or when we dont! People from all walks of life who are connecting due to this common interest of our kids going through this sort of hell together!
Yes, my daughter is Taylor. I'll send a letter tomorrow and ask if she knows Ashlee.
I know there had been a lot of drama before, hopefully thats all resolved. I bet there is not all that drama in the all male divisions! :) no, I cannot imagine living w/that many females! In Taylor's first letter she said ," I live with about 80 other girls, ITS INSANE, and we all just want to kill one another!!". All I can say is, Oh Boy!! :)

Hey guys, my internet has been acting up lately, but hopefully now is fixed and I can get on more.  Proudmomma my daughter didn't pass her first run time either, but said they will redo it and it wont affect graduation so far. They just have to pass it the next time. They tested on that at the beginning so I'm sure by the time the second comes around they will be in shape by then!  Mine isn't worried about that at all because they get alot of IT out of not passing it the first time. So try not to worry about that.  I'm hoping Holly will tell me some of the people she knows. She doesn't answer alot of my questions in her letters lol.  The last she said anything about her job she is the mail PO.  She doesn't do watch alot because they told her her handwriting is to messy.  She gets that from me :)

Oh and yeah, I couldn't imagine what its like to live with that many females!  Whew!!!! That's probably the toughest part!

I am sure she will pass the test next time.  I am just the worrying type. Especially since she has had that nasty cold that everyone seems to have.  Are you going to graduation?  Where are you staying? We purchased our plane tickets and the prices went down so we got a credit from the airline.  Not to often that happens!!

Hi everyone. Got a call from my sailor today.  She sounded upbeat.  Was crying a bit because no one was home when she called but she got a hold of me on my cell.  They did well on inspections again so that is why she called.  She told me they get to write on Tues and Thurs now,  So maybe we will all get one on Monday.  She missed her run by 3 seconds, But she is confident she will get it next time.  I told her the only one that matters is the last one so not to worry.  Team work is still a bit iffy she said sometimes it is good and other times it is just a bunch of yelling.  She is filling better, This week was easier but next week is "hell week" so it will be tough.  I mentioned Holly and she said she thinks she might know who she is.  It is rough to hear her cry, She rarely cried her entire life, at least not in front of me.  Anyway, hope you guys got a call today and I hope your sailors are doing well.  She did ask me about the shooting so I told her what had happened.

Proudmomma65, I got a call too. But this time I was in the shower and the one and only time I didn't have my phone with me since she has been gone,,, she called. I turned off the shower and heard the phone ringing and took off running and it was her. By that time she had only about 2 minutes left! She had tried calling me, her bf, her dad and her bff repeatedly and no answer!  I was bawling and still am honestly, thinking about her not being able to reach anyone. I'm thankful for the time I did have though.  She said she has an ear infection after getting over what she had before but is still not going to go to medical.  She said she passed but failed her pt physical! I asked her what she meant and she said she dropped a whole 3 min off her mile and half, so when they was calling names that passed they didn't call hers and she asked what was going on and they told her she only did 25 sit ups.. or pushups.. can't remember!  She said she told them she came out doing that many and knows she did way over the amount required and somebody messed up their counting! She was so upset, she said Momma I know I did everything and should have passed.  But she said they will redo it week 6.  Thats all the info I was able to get in that amount of time. I'm so heartbroken. I told her I even take my phone to the bathroom to pee lol.  So glad all of you got to talk to your loved ones!  And yeah she said they would be able to write more often.. i so hope so and it's not a false hope.

Also, proudmomma65, I just made reservations at the Ramada for graduation. Pray everything goes well~

Just got my internet up AGAIN today. My internet provider is driving me crazy.. grr!  Got a letter today, which is her birthday!  She sounded really good.  She said she is even enjoying pt now.  She said they were taking pictures thursday so I guess she means today.  And she was on permanent roving duty, I dont know what that is exactly but she said it meant even less sleep, and that she has been eating bananas with every meal to keep her from being sore! :)  She still hasn't answered me, I have asked in 3 letters, the names of the kids she knows.

Joanie,  I am glad she is doing well. Did she ever figure out what happened with her sit ups? I did not get a letter today but I got one on Monday.   Sounds like they are going to be pretty busy this week.  Do you know what day they would be on today?  Seems like it should be week 5 but some of the day to day activities I have seen on the N4M site imply that it is week 4.  I asked Ashlee to add the day of week (4-5) next the dates on her letters so I could figure out where they are on their training. 

proudmomma65, i'm going to try to private message you because i'm not sure what all we are allowed to put on here.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service