This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
We have a graduation date of Thursday, September 1sr and I cannot wait...anyone else iin this division or close??

Views: 484

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't get a Wednesday letter today so hoping to get a Thursday one---did anyone else hear anything today?

We received a letter today.  Said he was doing fine.  He said they had their 2nd physical assessment last Friday.  He mentioned that they were practicing for PIR.  He said this week would be a really busy one for them.  I can't believe that we leave 3 weeks from today.  I just can't wait.  Hopefully we should all receive the "I'm a sailor call about 2 weeks from now!  I think that when they get that call it is for an hour or so.  I really miss hearing his voice.  I listen to a voicemail that he left on my phone over and over again.  He made that call when he landed in Chicago and before they were picked up and taken to Bootcamp.  I am so proud of all of them for serving our Country.

I am excited too 3 weeks from today! Just antsy waiting to find out about all the grad n go rumors, etc. We should get a letter tomorrow it is usually on Thursday for us to get them. Yes you will LOVE that phone call! It was so wonderful to just hear his voice!!
I got a couple of letters today but nothing was said about grad n go or anything else about graduation other than they are practicing for it!   It was still some great letters of course though! he did get promoted to E-2!
I'm glad you received letters.  We are saving all of ours so we can look back on them someday.  Letter writing is something we sure aren't used to in our society today.  Ask your son where he will be standing at PIR.  Ours told us that he is on the 3rd row on the end.  He is 6'4" so we should be able to see him well!! Can't wait to see that door open and them marching in....

My daughter received a letter today.  She was so excited to receive one just for her.  He said this was going to be a tough week.  He also got advanced to E-2.  I am so excited that it is only three weeks away before we leave.  When that door opens and they come in and I finally see my son, I know, as well as all family there for their SR, will be so proud.  These guys and girls have so much to be proud of.  They left as young kids and will come out adults.  If they can do this then they can do anything!!  He did say they were in IT (intense training) this week.  He also said he had made some great friends.  I just still need to hear that voice.  Believe me all will know when that happens!  LOL

Have a great evening and a great weekend everyone!  And as my son states at the end of each letter......May the grace and love of Jesus be with you and yours!

Hey everyone---I just got another phone call! He is doing great---Hell Week last week went great and this week they are doing firefighting and gas chamber, etc. He said that still not positive on the grad n go thing how that is going to work or if they will be grad n go for sure or not! So it is still a wait and see thing. He said he got orders already and the orders san that he starts A School in San Antonio on September 11th---not knoiwing if he will grad n go to wait there or wait in Great Lakes. Either way it was an exciting phone call! Just wanted to update yall the best I can!

I'm so happy for you!  My SR tried my phone but it did not ring again......  I am so frustrated.  I wanted to talk to him so bad but on the bright side he did get to talk to his brother and his father!  They said that he was doing great and that division is doing soooo much better.  He said battlestations should be next week.  Is your son an MA?  If so maybe mine and yours will start on the 11th.  I don't think he mentioned anything about his orders yet.  I'll ask him in my letter tonight!
I GOT A CALL!!!!  Finally!!!!!  I was so excited!  When I saw that area code I screamed and scared my daughter to death answered the phone shouting my sons name!  He just laughed!  He sounded so good.  He too has orders for the 11th but isnt sure if he stays goes or can come home and just report to A school on 11th.  I guess we will know more later.  He said they were doing well and that they start Battlestations and after that they are pretty much done!!  He sounded so grown up!  So good!  I was so excited!  We got to talk for 30 minutes!  Best 30 minutes in 5 weeks for me!!!  I am so proud of all of these guys!

I am so glad that you got phone calls too! My son is going to be a Hospital Corpsman not sure what it is called technically and will be in San Antonio for A School. We live in Louisiana so it is only a 5 hour drive thankfully. Yes he said Battlestations on next Wednesday then on Thursday they are officially Sailors!

Hi there everyone!

We finally got a call too. He has been having a hard time getting through to our cell phone. Says it doesn't ring. How frustrating!! My son thinks he might be a grad and go. Orders to Virginia A School 12 days after but since there isn't room at Great Lakes-he would wait it out in Virginia. Wondering if he actually has correct info. Sounds like they are wrapping up and doing well. He said their division is either 1st or 2nd capturing pretty much all the flags.

I am so thankful we are almost done with boot camp and survived!

I got a phone call today!! First time I've spoken to him since he left July 5th.  I always missed his calls or he called his girlfriend :) It was so good to hear him.  He said their division was doing great and he was excited for battlestations.  It's almost over!!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service