This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I just thought I'd get an offical discussion for our 11/128 group going. Please make sure to share what's going on!

Views: 623

Replies to This Discussion

Navy girl, HI!  Welcome to our little corner of the Web here! I'm so glad you found us!  Believe me when I say, I'm very excited that you are on  here with us! It's funny, actually when you think of how many of us have SRs in this ship and division, and yet so few of us are on here together.  You are very much in the same boat as the rest of us I'm afraid. I haven't heard of anyone who has gotten a regular letter or a phone call, other than the initial "I'm here, expect my stuff & a call in about 3 weeks, etc"  Well, it sounds like there have been a couple of "information request" phone calls, but in 11/128, no "Hey, I finally get to chat, calls".  I'm like a lost dog, waiting for my master to come home...watching that mailbox...tail and head drooping when there's nothing from him. LOL

Again, I'm so happy to have you here...Welcome Aboard!

Hi Navy Girl! Thanks for joining us...I'm in the same boat as well with my boyfriend in that ship and div. Still no letters or calls yet for any of us I think, but at least we are all on the same page! I miss my boyfriend a lot too, are you planning on going out for graduation?
Yep I am going out there! He is a grad n go so he might be going to san antonio immediately which is sad, but only a month til we see them! I got his letters on Thursday, but missed his phone call yesterday morning :( it was heartbreaking. He called 3 times and left 2 voicemails.  He is having a hard time adjusting and missing his support system so I feel terrible I didn't answer. How is your fiance?

good morning ladies...today is 3 weeks...maybe we'll get a call soon. Plans for graduation are set; so looking forward to it.

Have a great day...and hope we all get letters or calls soon.

Good morning bcordova.....and all of you other lovely ladies!!  Yes, 3 weeks past now. What I'm wondering though, is when we'll start getting those calls....it's OUR 3 weeks, but until we hear from the menfolk, darn it, we won't actually know which week it is for them! LOL Hubby and I were pondering that last night as we huddled near our phones like the expectant parents huddling over a new baby,waiting for it to wake up!! LOL  "Okay.....it's 3 weeks, but will he call at HIS three weeks, or OUR 3 weeks?"   Yeah, like Denver GF said, at least we're all in the same boat so far, right?  At least NONE of us have heard anything yet....at least from OUR ship/div. Have a most glorious day today ladies. I hope the mailman brings you your first letter.....and/or a phone call tonight!
ladies, my son's girlfriend received letters today!  But he hadn't received any of ours yet (at the last mail call)...so we continue writing.  I hope I get one today...
Hey all - looks like maybe there's light at the end of the tunnel!!  Can't wait to get home and check the mail.  I hear ya on the 3 weeks, I'm thinking the first few days of processing probably don't count, so since Sunday is down time - maybe since this is week 3 - maybe a phone call is in order this weekend (just trying to throw some positive thinking in there!).  Like I've said before, you never know on this.  My daughter-in-law and I were trying to remember when the few phone calls from my older son came in, she was thinking about mid-boot camp.  There were only 2 or 3 and one was the "I'm a sailor" call.  They say that phone call are given as a reward, so who knows when they'll come, just have to keep that phone close by always.  I can be patient waiting on phone calls (well sort of) but letters.....come on, it's time!!

I got a letter!  Tears of joy!  Sounds like our SR's were delayed in being processed one day but that doesn't change the PIR 04-08 date in their Dress Blues...

I pray you all have received a letter as well. 

Roberta C--I'm right there with you the call I can wait for...the letter just made my day....

I got one today also!!!  Very thick, was wondering what he found to write so much about, but opened it and there were two other letters for us give to friends, guess he didn't take addresses with him.  Said he's having as much fun as one can have in boot camp!!!  Said food was decent, if there wasn't anything he liked he makes a pb&j sandwich (didn't think it was going to be that easy for him)!  Hope the rest of you get your letter today!!
Got my letters today as well!!! I got two envelopes stuffed FULL of about 13 letters =) He writes just about every night (even though they aren't supposed to!). He said he had passed the swim test and first PT also.  They study a lot and haven't gotten to do TOO much physical activity which kind of bummed him out, but I'm sure more will come haha.  The morale of my letters wasn't quite what I was hoping, but I think they are all being emotionally and mentally beaten down right now. Guess you can't expect them to LIKE bootcamp...35 days ladies!!!
I am so happy for all of you who received letters!! Yay!  My son's girlfriend received one, but he didn't say much about BC at all. She said that it sounded like he's still doing well. He did share that they marched in the snow for 20 min, that they'd done rack drills for 3 hours one day, but that's about all. Since he's in "love", I would imagine that he had more to say about how much he misses her and loves her, than anything else. LOL  I have to admit, we were pretty hurt that we hadn't received one. Also, she said that as of the day he'd mailed her the letter, he hadn't received one single piece of mail. That's kind of frustrating, because I have mailed many. :-(  I hope he doesn't just think no one here at home is writing to him. :-(
Hang in there, hopefully today will be the day!!  I remember that well with my married son.  I've heard wives and girlfriends always come first :-(  Fortunately ex-girlfriends who are now just friends don't quite fall into that category.  He did send her a letter but it was enclosed in the envelope with ours.  And basically he told her the same thing - nothing too newsy.  The morale of my letter didn't sound that great either, but it is boot camp so I guess that's the best we can expect.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service