This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Anybody else have a son/daughter is this division?  Can't wait to go to PIR on June 1st

Views: 3637

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all I don't know how many of you know about it but LaLa Ribbon Queen who is also a NavyforMoms Member does an amazing job of making ribbons that can be worn for PIR. They have our Division 168 on them and our Sailors name or however you want her to make them for you.  Thought would be nice if we all could order some to support our div 168 on PIR on show how proud we are of our Sailors.  Send her a friend request and she can let you know how to order she also has a facebook page Unique Memory Makers

She also has other stuff that she makes as well like totebags, scarves etc. I am going to also order a Red ribbon to be worn on Fridays to show support of our troops.  You all need to check out her stuff and order our PIR Div 168 ribbons.

Thanks dereksmom for the information on the Division T-shirts.  Also I feel really silly for asking this but my son was the one who always help me when it came to computers, I really am so naive when it comes to doing things.  I really would like to order the ribbons but when I go to invite LaLaRibbonQueen, I get really confused because it goes to my contacts and I don't know how to send a request from members of navy for moms site.  Please help !!!!!  Also the meet & greet at Sarges I would really like to go but when is the cut off for signing up for it.

Hi Tylersmom-- No I think you can sign up for Sarge's Meet and Greet right up to a few days before.  Also the easiest way I found to request somebody to be your friend is for our group of moms I just went to our PIR site and on right side where it shows the profile pictures of all the members I just clicked on that persons picture and it brought up their profile page then on the left hand side under where it says where they are from etc there will be a spot to request as a friend so just click that and it will send them a friend request. Don't feel bad there are a lot of things on the computer that my son used to help me with also. If you have a facebook account you can also go to Unique memory makers page and view all the stuff like the ribbons etc.

dereksomon21 Thanks for all the information on the T-shirts.  I do not have a scanner but I did print out the order form and plan to do by fax and phone hopefully I can have them before PIR but if I don't we will still get the shirts.  My son also wants one so I would have to keep at home for him but that is OK. 

Now also thank you for the information regarding the ribbons.  Hopefully I can do it correctly we will see wish me luck LOL

My son is in this ship/div and will be going to VA for his A school and C school. We are from Jacksonville FL, there were 5 other young gentlmen that flew out 4/5 from here, are those moms out here?

I am praying that he is able to get approved to stay...at this point they have worked so hard and come so far it means so much to them now.  I understand that the Navy doesn't want to take a chance, but if he hasn't had any real asthma episodes then he may be able to win his appeal.  I'm sure that he is depressed and this is going to be hard to get over.  Tell him that I'm thinking of him (even though I don't know his name) and I am praying for his appeal to be approved or for God to show him a different and better direction for his life.  I am so proud of him for the accomplishments that he has made thus far and I am positive that he will go far in life. Tell him that there is never any fault in telling the truth that shows that he has a lot of honor, too many others have lied about the little things and they turned out to be big issues later.  My prayers for your whole family during this process.  Don't leave the group just yet, at least hang around and let us know the results of his appeal.  

Dear txbabydocmom!  Oh my goodness, I'm so feeling for your sweet son right now!  I pray that his faith will help him process the setback.  My son also used an inhaler for several years from age 5 to adolescence; I wouldn't be surprised if he also has had to answer the same question and have to take some tests.  I'm proud also that your boy told the truth; it is the honorable and right thing to do: he will have a clear conscience, and that is worth everything.  I haven't heard from mine for over a week, and he said he was having a little knee trouble, but was hoping it wouldn't hold him back.  Bless their hearts, these darlings, and their desire to be excellent.  I bless your son, my son, and all the SRs with peace to embrace their experience, its joys, pains, disappointments, and triumphs.  It will never be wasted!  Please don't leave the group; we will want to know how your sweet kid is, and what comes of his plans!  

Has anyone had a phone call from their recruit lately?  We had a phone call on 4/26.  It seems longer than that.  I thought we would have had another phone call by now.  Letters are great but hearing a voice is much better.

No phone calls here either.  We spoke on the 26th also.  He has been able to send letters more often though.  We normally get letters from him on Thursday and this last week we got one on Saturday and Monday as well.  He said that they had been getting extra time in the evenings to write and that they were able to send them out right away.  I know it is probably too much to hope for, but I am hoping that we get calls on Mother's Day.  If I get any calls I will post it right away.

Not much activity out here lately where are all of you Div 168 moms/dads at.  How are your SR's doing.  Got a letter from my son yesterday and he said our division 168 are doing great and have all of their flags plus have been scoring high on test/inspections so right now they are in line to get the CNO flag as well.  Wouldn't it be great if they can keep up the great pace and get the Hall of Fame flag.

I can't wait until PIR and get to see my son again and hopefully meet some of you at Sarge's Meet and Greet on Thurs. night

I got a letter yesterday as well.  He said that they are doing well and that they had gotten 2 BIG compliments from the RDC.  He mentioned that he is anxiously waiting for the scores from when they shot the pistol.  His confidence level seems to really be high right now, so much better than his early letters.  He had a small mishap when they did their last PFA; someone stepped on his heel and pulled his shoe off which knocked him down....while he was down someone else tried to jump over him and kicked him in the face and broke his glasses...but he was able to get up and complete the run with time left over.  I know I shouldn't have laughed, but the way he described it I kept seeing the 3 stooges in action.  It made me feel better to know that the RDC laughed as well, but told him that he did a good job because he got up and kept on going.

PIR is getting closer, I can't wait to meet everyone at Sarge's!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service