This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Welcome to the Division Discussion for Divisions 185 and 186

These two divisions are brother divisions and will be training together from the beginning through BS21 their final test. Your SRs, soon to be SAILORS, are becoming friends, and some of them may be heading to A School together.

Get to know each other, your SRs are!

Please still use the Main Wall of the PIR Group to post questions, and concerns, we “veteran” moms don’t always get to into the discussion area as often as we would like.

Every single question that is asked is important Every single concern is genuine Every single member is important to us We don't want to accidentally overlook any of them or you.

Hang in there!!!

Views: 2533

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Proud Navy Mom...my SR Sam is from Miami...nice to meet you. What is your son doing after Boot Camp? Sam will stay in Great Lakes for A School GM (Gunners Mate) looking forward to getting to know you :)

Hi Momma jo,   My so will sty at "A" school in Great Lakes to become MM (machinist mate) .   Were you the mom I saw at MEPS on Wed. 3-13-2013 with your husband and other son?   I have pictures on my phone of the MIAMI boys. Which one is SAM?  FDo you remember what he wore to Bootcamp?  Maybe we can meet for coffee or lunch or just to talk.    Take care

No, we didn't go to MEPS on the 13th...my husband was with him when he was sworn in back in September of last year....he was delayed until March. He was wearing jeans, his Navy PT shirt, and a maroon hoodie...he's pretty tall about 6'2"...I would love to get to know more about you and your family and of course your SR. Sam called on Saturday also and spoke for about 20 minutes. Said he really liked the guys in his division. I will personally message you and we can talk about meeting up for my favorite beverage 'coffee' :)

Great, Looking forward to it.  Give SAM by best reguards.  Talk to you soon  :-)

good morning everyone.  My son is in Div 185.. This is the first time I have been away from him and this site has been a great comfort. As my son makes new friends, I look forward too as well.

I can't agree with you more cassandra..such a mixture of emotions right now...mostly pride though.. feeling alot better now that I have his address and PIR date, May 10th. This is our only child, our son who is 20, so we're emptynesters now...Just trying to stay busy to keep my sanity, lol

Hi all! My husband is also Ship 11 Div 185 :-) We are newlyweds and this is the first large length of time we have spent apart. Thank God for pages like this! Been a real comfort for me! Looking forward to May and meeting new friends as well! GO NAVY!!

Hello everyone! I am a newlywed with a SR in Ship 11 DIV 186. I am so glad I found this site because it has answered many questions that I have had since my husband left for RTC. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and even more so to May the 10th! We have a baby boy due mid July so I am glad he will be out of RTC in time for that. With so much going on within the next few months it is needless to say I feel a bit overwhelmed but I am holding strong and am glad to have somewhere to turn for support and advice.

Hello everyone,

My son is in Div 186. He left for RTC on the 18th, we got his box on the 22nd and received his letter on the 25th.

The family misses him so much but we are supportive of him. He is really excited to be in the Navy going through bootcamp, what a challenge. His cousin is also in the Navy assigned to a Sub.

The family mailed a letter to him recently and I can't wait to get a real letter from him to see how everything is going.

Hello all... our oldest son is also ship 11 Div 186 --- He actually called yesterday, basically asking for phone numbers/ addresses for 3 personal references, contact info. for people that could account for his time in college and the last two places he has lived. He said basically for security clearance. Since it was sort of a scripted/ all business type phone call from him, I didn't ask much but did ask him, 'can you answer yes or no, are you okay, is everything going well'? He said, yes, it's going well, very well'!!!! Plus he sounded great. I cannot even explain the relief I felt when I heard those words. He also said he should be able to call again on Saturday.

My son is in this same ship/div.

Wow, that's great you heard from him. He must be in a rate that requires extra security information. What is his rate? My son is Air PACT basically undesignated. I hope he is able to call Saturday.

Hey Michelle, I didn't see you RSVP for Sarge's Meet and Greet 05/09 at Sundance Saloon and wanted to make sure you were going so we can meet up..My son's name is Jacob, his bunkmate has same name but he doesn't know any of the others 1st names since they all go by last names.. anyway, I wanted to be sure we met since they are same div and both going to Pensacola..also, wanted to send you friend request.. I know your on FB PIR 05/10..just not sure how to find you and send you a friend request.. Hope to hear from you soon.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service