This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

I have a son on Ship 12 Div 030.. Hope to connect with others that have loved ones on the same ship/Division..

Views: 1977

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats! I am sure you are so happy! I'm glad ur son is doing great!

Hi Navy moms and fiance, I just got my son's letter and he is in the same ship and Div. He went in on November 1, so it's taken 17 days for his first letter. He said boot camp was easier than he thought it would be.  I don't know where you all are coming from but I'm in western NV and found some great air fares at the following link: airfarewatchdog.com.  

I received my son's first letter yesterday. What a relief to know I've been worrying for nothing. He's doing great. He went in with the hopes of not standing out....head down, just do what he's told. That didn't last long....he was appointed Section Leader. Not sure what that all means, but we're so proud of him. He even mastered making the bed and ironing =) He also says he is loving the food (much different than he imagined) and is really enjoying this time. My little boy is all grown up.

My SR said the same thing about the food!!! (And he's picky so I was so surprised) Good to know the Navy is taking care of our boys!!!

My son and husband will take the train from KS, I would too but I was advised by work that my presence will be required in Mexico on 1/2 but they will fly me to Waukegan on the 5th so I will make graduation.  Have already booked the hotel as those go quick and the prices go up as people book. 

Have not received a letter from our daughter except the form letter, she does NOT like the food. 

I hope they get to call this weekend.

Are you ready for this?  Our recruiter has told us since day one that after graduation our son would come home with us and to be sure and book a flight for him.  Thank you Colleen for directing me to the RECRUIT TRAINING COMMAND facebook page where I asked about that very thing.  The RTC answered me and told me my recruiter lied.  The only graduates that get to take leave after PIR is the 12/29 class.  So, my son will go to A-school as soon as he graduates.  I am very disappointed as we just thought he was coming home for sure and planned around that!  We will deal with it but it just isn't what I expected.  The good news is that now I know better how to plan our trip to graduation.  RTC said that they will be granted leave after school and before going to their permanent duty station.

Sorry to hear about the lies, but we got the same!  - her recruit told us since day one she would have 3 weeks off and would be home for christmas....her best friend is getting married on Dec 31st and she would be home for the wedding!  Well guess what? Thats not gonna happen.  I could have dealt with anything, although honesty from the start would have been great. Its just very disappointing.   I wish you the best. 

Thanks for sharing.  Our recruiter told us 3 weeks but we were told it would be after Christmas - I guess they say whatever it takes to get a recruit!  I'm sorry your daughter will miss the wedding.  I agree - I can handle anything as long as we get the truth!  I'm just looking forward to the 6th and am very thankful that we get to see him then!

Jansu831 sorry to hear your information from the recruitor was incorrect. 

We are hoping that our recruit gets to have overnight liberty, our SeaBee only had Friday as she shipped to A school Saturday at 02:00 and had to be back to base by 8:30 or something.  Some sailors get overnight, I think all get to go after graduation for at least a couple hours and if not shipping out to A school immediately you can pick them up again on Saturday morning. 

My husband is reminding me it is too early for a phone call; although I really want one.  We have not received anything but the form letter thus far and we would not be the first she writes to -- that would be the fiance.  I would contact him but I know this is difficult for him too and if he thinks there should be a letter and isn't then he will become anxious .... like me.

Thanks for the reply.  I have gotten past the disappointment and I too hope to get as much time as possible on the weekend.  It's hard not knowing anything and having to rely on what you hear,  It's nice to hear from someone who has been there!

I hope we all get a phone call and letters soon.  Keep me posted!

Hey did anyone get calls today? I was hoping since it is now into week 3, and it's Thanksgiving that my SR would be able to call me today but so far nothing yet...

I didn't get a call and I'm guessing if any of us had gotten one they would have posted - or at least I hope so.  From what I have read, they generally get the "I'm still alive" call after completing 3 full weeks of boot camp.  If I understand my son's letter correctly, they started day one on Tuesday, November 8 which means their full 3 weeks would be over on Monday the 28th.  So, my hope is to get a call anytime from now through next Tuesday.  Keep your phone close by!  Let us all know if you get a call, I know everyone can't wait!  :) 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service