This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Hi all!  I thought this might be a good way for us to connect!  So took the advice of some other moms.  Hopefully we can get information on when we start receiving calls and letters and other info!

Views: 531

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Lady Hamilton for the web site info.  It will be used.

I just hope none of our srs are asmo'd!  Let's keep the faith!

i got two more letters today, my fiance said that they lost a few or the SR letters..i also got a valentines day present in the mail.. i cant believe that he thought about it before he left...

hopefully everyone else is receiving mail as well..

My daughter and I both got letters today. Sounds like he's only gotten my first letter, and ones from his dad and grandmother, all of which were sent a week or so after he left home, when we got the form letter. As usual he isn't telling me much about what he's doing, but he did ask me not to send anything, even pictures, in the letters. Guess they hassle them about it.

Thanks for the ASMO explanation, Lady Hamilton. Let's hope that's the last time we hear that word!

Sorry I haven't been on for a few days!  We got 3 letters on Thursday and each one showed a change in him.  It was very interesting and exciting.  He passed his first test and I hope all of our sr's are keeping on track.  His biggest fear is still being held back, and so he is trying to make sure that doesn't happen.  He said he was going for his coveralls, his dress blues and dress whites last week.  Has anyone else heard if their sr's have gotten their uniforms yet?

Happy Valentines Day everyone.

Nothing on uniforms yet...right now they are wearing NWU's which are like camouflage the army wears only blue.  Its hard to imagine my skinny little boy in those but I have no trouble imagining him in those dress blues.  My husband will be wearing his to graduation, I cant wait to see them side by side.  My SR sounds like hes growing up. Heck, two months ago I was terrified he wouldst even write cuz it's "not his thing". But I got two envelopes full of letters last week too.   I can already read the changes, now only a month until we get to see them!
Seeing your husband and son in dress uniforms will be so amazing.  You need to wear something without buttons so you don't pop them off as you will and should be so proud! lol
hi ladies... i got 3 more letters yesterday!!! i guess the guys had a really good day on feb 8th because they got extra time to write... hopefully the will keep up the good work and we can get some phone calls soon... and i just ordered my ribbon!!! im starting to gett realy excited it march 11 is going to come faster then we know it... i have already started thinking about what im going to wear...
That's great, schuja! Did your SR mention what tests they were doing, or had completed? I'm really confused about what week they are on, and the letters from my SR are very brief and not exactly loaded with news. I ordered ribbons, too, and even the white scarf. I have no idea whether my son will be happy or embarrassed by that, lol.
Hi there, I'm Susie and new to this thread...I was interested in what you were saying about the ribbons and was wondering about what this is ?  Please let me know.  Also I was looking at Navy rings and was wondering if this would be an appropriate graduation gift or if the recruit's would rather pick this out themselves...Does any one have any comment about this?? Just realized I used my SR's name in my last comment...oops.  and didn't have time to edit.

Hi, Susie! Glad to meet another Div 102 mom, and especially to hear any helpful tidbits, like where to sit at PIr. The ribbons we are talking about are made by a mom on this site named Lala Ribbon Queen. You can find her posts in the general comments section of this PIR group. If you click on her name it will take you to her page. Click on the photo by her name to see the ribbons she makes, and send a friend request to her. She will answer and give you instructions on how to order the ribbons. If all this is too complicated, just post a message in the group asking her how to get ribbons.

I haven't even seen the Navy rings, so I can't comment. I think my SR would prefer to pick out his own, but that might not be the case with yours.

Hi mystery ... Nice meeting you and everyone here.  I am ordering 4 of those great ribbons 2 with gold letters and 2 with silver.  I got some good tips on this site today and it got me thinking about thigs to pack and whether to drive our rental or to take the shuttle that day.  Praise the Lord Thank you Lord for mighty angels that encamp around about Ship 12 div 102 SR's!!  in Jesus name.  Surround all N4M  with real peace and safety.
We're going to have a rental car, but are planning to take the shuttle from the hotel. It's a shorter walk, just from the front gate to the graduation building, rather than the parking lot. Plus I understand there can be a long line of cars waiting to get in, so if you do drive, leave really early!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service