This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Hi all!  I thought this might be a good way for us to connect!  So took the advice of some other moms.  Hopefully we can get information on when we start receiving calls and letters and other info!

Views: 529

Replies to This Discussion

Hi y'all.  I'm member 103 of the PIR March the 11th crowd!!    Just got Daniel's 2nd letter today.  It was short , but treasured.  He is Ship 12 Division 102 also.  So I was so glad to find you all and now I'm going to read all your posts.  My husband and  I , along with Daniel's two sister's are planning to go to the PIR.  Is anyone else getting excited??  I secured our train tickets and hotel room last week.   He mentioned we should sit on the left hand side (when facing the bleachers).  Anyone else get this info?    Well, I want to let you all know that we pray for our son and also all his comrads and thank you all for your prayers as well.  Thank you, Lord.  yours Truly, Susie

Welcome Susie!  Sorry I haven't been on for a couple of days.  Things are hectic around my house this week!

My son is writing daily but said they could only mail once a week so I get letters about things going on through out the week.  He only told me not to forget the password for the parking passes and what he wanted to do if we have time! lol

I think this week was the infamous "hell week" from what my sr said, so I think they will all be busy and then some!

mysteryfan we are also going to do the shuttle.  Less head aches!  Are you going to the Ramada for the reception?  I think we will try to.

glassdog-you are so lucky to get so many letters! My son has written several to me and other family members, but never gives any details about what's going on there, so I'm very grateful for any tidbits you others share.

I don't think we will be able to make it to the reception. We aren't arriving into O'Hare until late afternoon, then still have to get a cab or something to GL. Plus we won't have access to a rental car until late that evening when the rest of the family arrives. Maybe we can figure out a place to meet on Friday or Saturday?

Here's hoping all our SR's get through "hell week" with flying colors, and that things ease up a bit after that.

Hi!

This sounds like a good idea maybe...Ship 12 div 102 to meet up somewhere for those who cannot make it to the Ramada.  I guess we really won't know where we'll eat after the glorious PIR...hmm suggestions would be welcomed.

That does sound good.  Not sure where or how.  Can we exchange info on hotels and maybe contact each other after PIR?

We got a phone call yesterday!  About 20 minutes.  He sounded so good, and it sounds like the division is doing just fine.  He said they got their uniforms and are learning how to put them on correctly.  It sounds like they got to go to the NEX yesterday and get ribbons earned( if I understood him correctly).  So we are getting closer!

I got a call also. I asked him how hell week had gone and he said there is no hell week! Sounded like he might be repeating what he was told, but whatever, he sounded ok but exhausted.

We're staying at the Residence Inn in Waukegan. I was thinking we might want to meet for a drink or coffee after our Sailors have to go back to RTC for the evening, since no doubt we'll all want to spend as much time with them as we can. 

I was reading some posts and was wondering if anyone knows when Ship 12 divsion 102 has their battle stations?  Blessings
If they go in numerical order, their divisions will be last, so maybe March 7 or 8? But that's just a guess.

mysteryfan Susie and I were talking about maybe picking a place after we drop our "kids" off at the base since they get back fairly early.  I am also at the Residence Inn in Waukegan and I think Susie said she is in the Quality Inn there.  I will try to see where they are in relation to each other and what is near to them so none of us will need to drive far.  It seems we are the only ones in this division meeting so shouldn't be to hard!

My sr said he was trying to figure out "hell" week as he said almost every week there has been "hell" week so far! lol 

My son also said they would do battle stations on the 7th or 8th also.

Sounds good. I guess we can make plans after we get the "I'm a Sailor" calls-fingers crossed- so we'll have a better idea of what their schedules are.
In the mean time I will try to find some place central to the 2 hotels.  We are at 2 weeks and counting down!  Keep the crossed finger, prayers and good thoughts coming for all of the sr's.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service