This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

My son left Tues. 4/17 and we got "the letter" today.  Would love to connect with others from this division or division 181 as they train together.

Views: 785

Replies to This Discussion

Mine should do fine with the yelling part...he tunes me out just fine!  As a matter of fact, that's the one thing everyone told him, you won't have a problem with being yelled at...you had your mom. (I was a single mother.)

I thought, or hoped, to get something today but didn't...I am having a very hard time letting go as well...He's my youngest & the first to leave home. Miss those "what's for supper" calls and hearing him come in the front door. My daughter and I were watching a movie this weekend and the door slammed, before I had a chance to think I said "Kyle, must be home"....It's hard getting used to him being gone :( This is something he's wanted to do since he was in 9th grade. 

I have told my husband when the box and the letter arrive, he can not open it until I am home. Fed Ex runs late here so I am still holding out hope for a late arrival today.....

I got my daughter's letter today.  My son called me at work to tell me it came and I started to cry sitting at my desk.  I was just go relieved.  She is in Ship 11 Div 179.  She didn't write much - only "love you guys".  My husband got quite a kick out of the fact that wherever she had to fill in it was written in block letters.  We are both former military and that brought back memories.  

Proud Mom -- That's "sailor handwriting."  I love it!  So much easier to read.  Mine hates to write as well.  I'm wondering if we will get any letters from him the whole time.  He also made it very clear that he wouldn't miss us!!!  Can't wait to discuss that after 8 weeks!!

Paula -- Mine should do fine wtih the yelling as well -- he thinks yelling is the norm and like your's tunes me out just fine.

Jitterbug -- My son wrote no personal message, just filled in the blanks and address the letter to his dad!  He knew that would drive me crazy.

My son is the middle child of three boys, older and younger brother are still at home.  I was very sad the first couple of days, but I'm a realist and have adjusted.  My husband is convinced that he's not going to be homesick at all (he should be reading this website, I bet he'd change his mind)  I  know my son is doing what he really wants to do and it is the best thing for him.  Of course we miss him --  he was the loudest, messiest, funniest one in the house.  I'm patiently waiting for three weeks before I desire his phone call as  just keep thinking I don't want a phone call in the next two weeks - because that would only be bad news being reported!!  No news is good news -- that's what I'm telling myself!!

I agree batmom!  I heard from him last Sunday when he told m he was in P-Hold, waiting on more recruits to form his division and I don't want him to call until Mother's day! That should be 3 weeks!!!!

Paula -- I hadn't taken the time yet to figure that their three weeeks would be mother's day -- that would be so sweet!  It'll be my first mother's day that I didn't have all of my boys with me!!

Mine usually calls me on mother's day (mind you we live in same town) but comes to see me on Father's day...says I was both....LOL..so if all goes according to my master plan, I'll get to hear from him on Mother's day and see him father's day weekend. My daughter-n-law is going to stay with me on Saturday nights in case we earn a call or it's time.

I have created a private group on facebook for SHIP 12 DIV 182 if you'd like to join friend me here on Navy for Moms and let me know and I'll message you with instructions.  Not exactly sure how the group works, but we'll figure it out together.

Here's the link to our SHip 12 Div 182 Facebook page.  Once we've got enough members, I'll make it private so that we can talk freely:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/212487745520404/members/#!/groups/21...

If you have any troubles, just friend me and we'll figure it out.  I'm still learning and thanks to Ship 11 Div 131 for your help!!

Good Morning..My daughter is Ship 11/Div 179 and I received the box and letter yesterday..what a relief. No great reaction from the box..just more laundry which she left plenty of in her room when she left but I was so excited to get the letter. 

I have 3 more at home so keeping busy is no problem. I just make sure to have my phone on me all the time and keep going with "no news is good news" .The pictures and video on facebook today were so encouraging. It makes me so proud to see the graduation pictures even when it is not my daughter. Just thinking how fast the time will go until it's our kids going through it. :)

Paula and batmopm..This is so funny..Everyone told my daughter the same about the yelling. I was thinking she might send a Thank you letter to her Dad for preparing her for this for the last 19 years. We're just hoping she can hold her tounge and not tell them what she thinks of their behavior when THEY  yell. she was quick to call us out on ours. :)  

Hey moms my son Travis arrived april18 22 yrs old ship 12 div 181 I also see that funny handwriting!!!!!I also cried when I got the letter in the mail I wonder how he is, if he will graduate on time etc etc I am glad I am not alone.He has a friend in already he is in A school.Thanks for listening any other moms of 181 out there!!!

judith ann ship12 div181 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service