This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
We received the letter today saying our son is in this division.  Anyone else have a loved one here?

Views: 463

Replies to This Discussion

We'll be driving up to PIR from the Kansas City area.

byronsmom - how long does it take to drive from Maine to Chicago?

In the note he wrote at the bottom of the grad info letter, he had the usual "love you, miss you, food's not bad" stuff, along with this nugget - "This place is like a big, angry high school."

The MM1 at our recruiting station said that pretty much nailed it.
My son is also in this Divison. I received his "box" on Monday and letter came on Tuesday, I can't wait to see him. My husband and I plan to attend gradaution also. We are from Savannah, GA
Hello - our son is also in Ship 12 and Division 183. We're from NE Iowa. I wonder how many are in this group. I can't wait for his first letter - it probably won't be very long - but it will be a treasure for us to read. We plan to attend PIR - I hear it is really something spectacular to see.
Received a letter today from our son...short letter. He stated that he only had 10 minutes to write. He indicated that their graduation might be moved back 2 week...yuck. Have you heard anything?
Our son called today getting information while filling out the forms for his security clearance. He said today (3-23) is Day 1-1. That means first week, first day. I remember reading a post somewhere on this site that explains how the numbering works and what happens when. All the fun starts in earnest, now.
Hello All,
My son is also in this group...What an incredible Mother's Day gift we are all getting! My son is from California but I am in Louisiana so he drove here to store his car and for a quick visit prior to entering bc, He left out of New Orleans last week. He will be 24 on the 12th of May (he was actually a mother's day baby) so not only do I get a Sailor for Mother's Day, he gets to be a Sailor for his birthday! Like I said, he will be 24 - he has spent the past couple of years going to school part time and working part time. Decided the Navy was what he wanted to do. While I do miss his daily phone calls he had been away from home for a couple of years so this seperation hasn't been as difficult as I read about for a lot of you.
I think BC must be hard for him - he said he was cold, tired and hungry....and they scream alot and want everything done so fast....If that was how he felt last week this week is gonna get him....lol
My granddaughter and I will be flying to Chicago for PIR - haven't made any arrangements yet but will do so in the next couple of weeks. He will be going to A school in GL so I am hoping he will get the week-end to spend with us.
I look forward to the next several weeks and for May 7th...
you really should not wait to make any arrangments , things are booking up very quickly.What a great Mother;s Day gift!!
Has anyone gotten letters or phone calls yet? I was thinking it should be about time to get something huh? Guess I am just anxious to hear how he is doing.....I sent a questionaire to him - thought that was a great idea - as I have so many questions - should make it easier for him to fill out instead of writing. Not even sure if he knows how to write a letter....lol...we have used email/texting as a way to communicate for so long.
Have you all made your reservations yet? I tried getting reservations at the Courtyard by Marriott and they were already booked for the days I wanted....will do some research today - was hoping to get a 1 bedroom suite since I am hoping my kid will be able to spend the week-end and even if not, I thought having a bit more room might be something he would like. Anyone gotten their hotel reservations yet? For which hotel?
The weather still looks pretty cold in Chicago - wondering how those kids used to warm weather are doing in the cold? Hopefully it will be warmer when we are there.
No letters or phone calls yet. I did get reservations at the Courtyard by Marriott for May6 thru May 9.
I called 847-689-8000. That goes directly to the Hotel. Ask for the Navy Graduation Rate. Also, you have to pre-arranged shuttle service & that number is 847-855-8294. I hope this helps.
We got a room at the Ramada....rooms at the Marriott were 94.00 and 79.00 at the Ramada. Was told that the rooms at the Marriott were limited. It will be here before we know it.. :)
We got our reservations for the Ramada Inn Waukegan for May 6-May 9. I am so excited about May 7!!!! It will be here before we know it. I am also expecting a letter and a phone call from him soon (this week hopefully).
Yesterday, TeacherMom posted the following note as a reply to an earlier post. I thought it should be brought up to the top of the discussion page so everyone could read it:

"Received a letter today from our son...short letter. He stated that he only had 10 minutes to write. He indicated that their graduation might be moved back 2 week...yuck. Have you heard anything?"

I certainly hope that isn't the case. Maybe it's just the RDCs trying to spur them into action.

No letter from our recruit yet - hopefully there will be one today. If anyone else hears anything more about a delay in PIR, let us all know. I might need to check with our local recruiter or call the Public Affairs folks in Great Lakes.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service