This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Hi! I'm new to this website and I was wondering if anyone else had someone in Ship 12 Div 353? I got a call from my boyfriend Saturday which was a great surprise! He also said he was able to write a letter, but I have not received it yet.

Views: 367

Replies to This Discussion

Just some info from my last letter I thought you all may like to know..there are about 78 people in the DIV, but it changes everyday (due to ASMO and people coming in). They earned their first flag because they all received a 4.0 (out of 5.0) or better avg on their first test! He said they can earn up to ten flags. He also said he needs stamps so if you haven't sent stamps already, you may want to do so. He said they were on day 2-5 on Sept 28th so I'm not sure what that means but I think it is significant. His RDC had them break the junk food ban before their next test because he wanted them to have sugar in their systems. He also said the brownies there were not as good as mine haha. Everyone got a high and tight haircut last week :) I'm guessing that's is the new style instead of just the buzz because all the Corp of Cadets around my college have the high and tights too. Hope you all have a great weekend!! 20 more days!!!!!!
Thanks so much for sharing more info about our Div. You are so lucky that you get longer letters. I am so happy that your letter finally did come. I did send more stamps last week. That is a good idea to send more stamps. Do you know why the emblem of front of the envelope is always blacked out?? At first I thought that just my son was doing it and then I read about other people talking about that.
It is blacked out because some of the machines that scan mail for postage mistake that emblem for a stamp. It confuses the machine lol so they black it out. :-)
Wondering if anyone has an SR who has mentioned a bunkmate from NC who's last name starts with an N.
I went to church today and requested prayers for my son. I told everyone that he was at bootcamp in the Navy. The lady in front of me asked me his name and told everyone to clap for him. They were so proud of him for serving. I was so overwelmed and thrilled to be his mom!!!!!
Yes please share when you hear any news about our SRs for DIV 353. All your comments are such a blessing to me.
I haven't received a letter yet, but I just booked my flight!! PIR seems like it is just around the corner now :) Can't wait!!
Thanks Pollyanna
no letter here either:(
Got letters today! He sounds wonderful :). He said the division did really well on their Marlinspike (simulator ship) drill that the instructor even thanked them for being such a great group. They all did really well on their weapons inspection and personal inspections (uniforms).
PollyAnna you will be happy to know that your son is probably the first in line at chow because they line up tallest to shortest :) My SR said he was happy this week when they did an about-face so he was finally able to be at the head of the line (he is on the shorter side lol).
It also sounds like there is some healthy competition with our brother DIV 354 :) He said they often refer to the other DIV as their "sister division" and they each brag about the flags they have gotten, but they are getting along great. My letter was sent out I guess this Tuesday because the last day he wrote was Monday. He wrote how Monday was his least favorite day because he is a History major and thinks Columbus receives too much credit, but was glad he was able to write. :) Hopefully everyone receives one soon!
Got a letter today!!!!!!!!! I got a long letter this time. He says the div has 3 flags now. He told me that he got his dog tags and that his div is the second best div in the ship. I am so happy that I found this N4M website. It has helped soooo much! One mom posted a website site about the B21. It was very informative and I ended up watching alot Navy videos that were posted. Now I know what his rack looks like, the chow line, and many more activities that happen in boot camp. It hard to believe we only have 13 more days to go!
My son told me the same thing about the dog tags. He said wrong religion was on there. He told me that he has to wait now to get it straightened out. I wonder what religion they were putting on thier dog tags.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service