This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Hi everyone.

This is those in Ship 12 brother divisions 271/272.

My SR is in Div 272.

From what I can gather, tomorrow will be 1-2 for our SRs.

How is everyone doing? What are you struggling with? Share some good news.

Let's help each other get through this together. We will have Sailors before you know it.  :)

Views: 1381

Replies to This Discussion

Hi ! My name is Jean.  My Grandson is also on Ship 12 division 271. Looks like we are all waiting for that first letter and anxious to know how things are going. I know his is doing well and is enjoying the Navy.  I am so proud of my grandson.  I enjoy this site and to be able to learn what his day is like.  This is all new to alot of us and I will look forward to hearing from all of you.

Hi My name is Nanci. My son is in the same ship and division as your grandson.  Sill waiting for that first letter to see how things are going.. Hoping that when he does get a chance to write he can write both me and his girlfriend because if he only has time to write one person I'm pretty sure Mom isn't going to be at the top of that list....

My son is 18. How old is your grandson?? Do you know what he will be doing once he finishes with boot camp. My son will be in Great lakes for A-school too until late Novement. He is going to be an enginman.

Hang in there, we will hopefully here something soon.

My son is in Ship-12 Division - 272 also.

Welcome everyone.

kbreanne0602, that is Great that our SRs have been able to write. That means it is time to start watching the mail box again. This is the only time in my adult life that I have actually enjoyed getting mail because I know there is something other than bills coming  :).

44 more days ladies...we can do this just like our SRs can.

I will be in your shoes on having to wait til I get home to see if we got anything when I go back to work on the 26. My saving grace is that my hubby gets home before I do and if we get any mail from our son, I'm sure he'll make the 4.5 mile trip to my school to give it to me.

Someone just asked me how I was doing with all of the Navy stuff and my response was " Much better than I was 2 weeks ago.". That was honest. I still check the weather in GL multiple times of the day, I still think about what he might be doing, I will always keep my phone with me at all times,  but I don't worry about him like I did that first week or so.

Let me know when you start getting mail... we live in a very rural area and so our mail takes longer than most, but if you start getting mail, that will give me hope that something is floating around the country for us, too!  But, hey, today I got "The Box"!  And last Friday, we got a phone call for additional info needed for his High Security clearance.  It was great, we even were able to talk a little, but afterward i was a bit blue.  We all knew it was going to be the hardest thing he's done so far in his life, but it still stinks to know they have to struggle, ya know? I know now why they don't get to call home for a while, and then, not very often. °Ü°

I got my first letter yesterday (Wednesday). I am so excited. It's amazing how just a short letter can lift your spirits. My SR is doing fine. He said that he is learning how to iron. (This from the kid who never wanted his clothes ironed...)

Thank you for the updates. Knowing that your husband is in my son's brother div, it allows me to keep up with my son. That truly  means a lot to me. Thank you again.

LOL! I loved your ironing comment, mom38024. For my SR it's apparently folding that is giving him a hard time. Who knew?! °Ü°

I just talked to my SR!!! And he sounded FABULOUS!  So upbeat, so happy!  I'm sooooo happy! He called for more addresses and phone numbers for additional security clearance stuff, and he made E2yesterday!  Hooray! He said every day gets easier, they got to mail their first letters last Sunday and got their first mail then, also. He said it seems like half the guys are from Texas (Lol) with that slow southern drawl.  He has friends (°Ü°) and gets along well with his bunkmate whose last name starts with J and is from Texas, and so if you think that could be your SR, and would like to connect, please email me privately at Abzymom@yahoo.com.  Also, if you have an "adopted" SR or grandson SR with the initials AC or an SR from the Philippines with initials RV.  Many Thanks! °Ü°

Not having one of my better days here. I've already gone off on at least 3 people and it is barely 10:30 here.

I'm tired of being ignored by everyone. No one understands what my life is like right now....fighting for my special needs daughter (making sure the school has her on the list to be tested, making sure she gets to her vision therapy appts,, making sure she does her home vision therapy, making sure she takes her ADHD meds, dealing with my husband's lack of patience with her when he gets home from work, trying to keep her self confidence up when we are working on her reading...as she tells me she is stupid because she can't read like her friends,  and a son that is off at boot camp where I can't do anything but write letters. I just want to hear Something from him...a letter, a short phone call...something.

I've got people asking me about when my son graduates from...UMmmm someone would have to be on a different planet to not know when my SR graduates from boot camp. Then they want to send post cards....again...separate planet as I have been very clear as to the rules of cards...no post cards, only white envelopes with his address, return address,and a stamp on it. This is sooo frustrating.

All I can do is to sit here and cry by myself. I feel like I'm on a little bitty raft in the middle of the ocean all by myself and the only ones that seem to care at all are you ladies.

By the way, for those of you in my SR's div and brother div that are getting calls and letters, Thank you for sharing. That helps more than you will ever know.

Sorry to dump on you all.

Hang in there, GANukeMomma!  You're certainly entitled to a bad day.  I had a day like that last week and it's so hard to push through, but I hope something wonderful comes your way very soon! Maybe you'll get a phone call from your SR looking for more high security clearance info since he's a Nuke (right?).  That's how I got to talk to my SR. Your SR's last name doesn't happen to start with an F does it? (LOL) Our sons are in the same Division and when I talked to him this morning he was telling me about some of the guys he's been able to get to know a little and he only mentioned one nuke, so thought I'd ask.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service