This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Welcome to the Division Discussion for Divisions 061 and 062

These two divisions are brother divisions and will be training together from the beginning through BS21 their final test. Your SRs, soon to be SAILORS, are becoming friends, and some of them may be heading to A School together.

Get to know each other, your SRs are!

Please still use the Main Wall of the PIR Group to post questions, and concerns, we “veteran” moms don’t always get to into the discussion area as often as we would like.

Every single question that is asked is important Every single concern is genuine Every single member is important to us We don't want to accidentally overlook any of them or you.

Hang in there!!!

Views: 3041

Replies to This Discussion

Nadia . . .me too!  Just hung up!  We talked for 14 minutes and it was the best 14 minutes I've had in 4 weeks!

I completely agree PoodleLady it was the best early Christmas present EVER!!

My husband is in ship 14 div 062 and well today dec 16 2013 is 4 weeks since he left and well I have gotten 4 phone calls since he left well the first 2 was for me to fax some paper they were only like 3 min each if so and his first real phone call was dec 7 2013 two weeks after he got there and well got another real phone call today 2 weeks after the first one and he sounds good his in charge of his group he said so I am super excited and proud of him cant wait to see him on jan 17 2014 haven't gotten a letter yet but they mail them out this past Sunday so I should get it sometime this week it normally don't take this long just his div is having a really trouble with shipping the letters but he got my letters they get mail everyday SUPER PROUD OF MY HUSBAND. Got my id today and got enroll on Tricare book my hotel and rental car for graduation will be booking flight tomorrow. 4 more weeks to go yay my 3 year old is super excited to see her daddy she tells everyone that her dad is working for the navy. Just wanted to share this

Today I think the sun is shining brighter for all of us!!! What a relief for us all to finally get that call! My daughter did say that they should get another call in about 2-3 weeks, so I guess we will all be holding our breath again, but for now, it just feels soooo good! Have a great day everyone!

And tomorrow is mail day.
DanaD . . .I totally agree with you! Hearing from my daughter and knowing that she is okay (from her) has really brighten my outlook. When my daughter called yesterday, she said she thought they would get to call again next week . . .I really hope she is right. But even if I don't hear from her for a while, I'm okay now because I know our girls are doing fine! They are accomplishing what they set out to do and I'm so proud of my daughter and all the SRs that are sticking with it! I'm going to miss my daughter tremendously next week during Christmas, but I have to keep reminding myself that she chose this because this is what SHE wants to do . . . and I am so looking forward to PIR!

I am thankful that we have this site to connect and support each other as parents . . .for me, I find comfort in sharing and hearing from others dealing with similar feelings of missing their daughters/sons/husbands and being proud of what they are accomplishing!

Waiting excitedly for the next letter or phone call . . .
Labradoodles . . .My daughter didn't hurt her knee, but I'll have to ask her if she knows who did. She thinks it is funny that all us moms are chatting, yet we don't know any names! I keep telling her I met a mom from this location or that and she has replied " I met a girl from there, what's her mom's name? All I can give her are our usernames . . .it is kind of funny. If we all do meet in GL at PIR, we'll need name tags with our usernames!

My daughter also mentioned in her letter there are a few girls that keep getting them in trouble for talking . . . I guess since both our daughters mentioned it they are not the talkers!
Just got two letters from my daughter. Apparently she got her wisdom teeth pulled on the 10th. Is this common? Other then that she says she has fallen in love with the Navy! ( and has only cried once) she to has mentioned all the trouble they are getting into bc of talking.

My son is in division 061 and got a root canal the other day. He was told he had dental at 6am that next morning so he went there, he sat for 6 hours not knowing what they were going to do, and then they called his name and told him he was getting a root canal. He had one tooth as a child that gave him problems and we had already had it fixed. He said it wasnt bothering him but the Navy said the previous root canal did not remove the entire root, so there ya have it....they did another one on the tooth. I did know going in that if anyone's wisdom teeth needed to come out, they came out during boot camp. This is common. 

My son also said that there are a few in his division that keep getting them in trouble as well.

Thank-you!!! It does seem crazy to get dental work done at bootcamp doesnt it.... He sounded good on the phone but he said he was still numb. I got my first letter today so I am happy about that and he is still hanging tough but boy are they really getting put through the ringer so to speak. He wrote the letter at 2:35 in the morning. He said he was wide awake because they had just had a fire drill. They had to jump up out of bed and go outside in whatever they had on. He had a pair of knee high shorts and a tshirt. He said it was 12degrees outside before the wind chill. Told me that the RDC's really play mind games with them but that he knew that all of this was mental and he will get thru it.  I cant wait to see him......I sure do miss him!!! 

I received my 2nd letter today from my daughter. She was supposed to have her wisdom teeth removed, but due to her cold and running a fever it has been postponed. Most likely by the time I hear from her again, it will be done!

She mentioned their division had IT for 45 minutes due to the talking and arguing by the girls . . .she said she preferred that to losing their phone and mail privileges again or having the toilet stall curtains removed! Sounds like fun times! Lol
Not to get anyone's hopes up (including mine), my daughter wrote in her letter that they have been told they might get phone privileges on Christmas Day. She asked me to keep my phone with me so I wouldn't miss her call!

Let's hope she is right! That would be a great Christmas present!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service