This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Welcome to the Division Discussion for Divisions 179 and 180

These two divisions are brother divisions and will be training together from the beginning through BS21 their final test. Your SRs, soon to be SAILORS, are becoming friends, and some of them may be heading to A School together.

Get to know each other, your SRs are!

Please still use the Main Wall of the PIR Group to post questions, and concerns, we “veteran” moms don’t always get to into the discussion area as often as we would like.

Every single question that is asked is important Every single concern is genuine Every single member is important to us We don't want to accidentally overlook any of them or you.

Hang in there!!!

Views: 2045

Replies to This Discussion

Tamb, I think it varies on when their flight is out to A School. Happy for you that you got letter. What division is she in?

My daughter is also Div 179, she will be staying in GL for her A-school. I have only gotten 1 letter and her sibling have also received letters, but I have talked to her 3 times since she has left. I just talked to her last week, so I am expecting a dry spell for a while. The only thing my daughter has asked is she want to shop for North Face jacket the weekend after graduation. I read somewhere on this website that they will graduate in their white uniforms, does anyone know if this true ?

NavyMom2 - FYI:  a website 6pm.com has great deals on Northface. And yes, I heard that May 10th is the first week of wearing the whites. My son did prefer the navy color, but oh well.

Her aunt & I are thrilled that she seems to be doing well. She is Div 179

Hi all!  I hope everyone is still hanging in there as much as you can.  I, for one, have been finding myself having crying spells, especially reading some of the posts / comments on here.  I am still trying to learn how to navigate through this website so I'm a lil behind!  lol!  We are also from Ohio and my son is Ship 14 Div 180.  I personally have received two calls but he's also called his little brother, who just turned 18 on the 1st, my parents and my brother.  The first call I got the weekend after he got there he didn't sound so great so of course I worried sick, literally and then when I missed his calls the following Saturday I really got upset!  I ended up not being able to eat so I lost 11 pounds that week!  Ugh this emotional roller coaster is taking a toll on me but I'm so proud of him and so very thankful for this website and all of you on here....I seriously believe this website is what's getting me through each day!   For that, thank you all for being here!  Last Thursday I came home sick and as soon as I got home something told me to check my mail and I am so glad I did because I got my first letter!  To top it off, about 10 mins after I read it he called me and we were on the phone for almost half hour!  I was soooo excited and so happy!  At first it didn't even sound like him...he has changed so much so quick!  He sounded so good and he was proud of himself because he was chosen to be on Ship Staff!  I am so very proud of my son I just can't put in to words!  I booked my room at the Navy Lodge already....only 1 mile from base and there's a shuttle plus a kitchenette and all sorts of amenities....at a very cheap rate!  Well I can't wait until graduation!  I hope to meet some of you on 5-10!  Hang in there moms!  We are almost there!  :o)

Mom of Tyler I am sorry you are still having a rough time. Things started out that way for me and now I'm just proud of him. My son is in the same division as yours. I had just returned from Disneyland yesterday with my 13 year old and looked in my mailbox and there were two letters from him. One was on the serious side and the other was on a lighter side. He wanted me to print him out lyrics to several Michael Jackson songs. He explained they weren't for him, but for another SR that sings to the RDC's and puts them in a "good mood". I thought it was a strange request from him since Michael Jackson was not on his ipod. He illustrated a little map of his sleeping quarters and showed me where his bunk was amongst other things. Cheer up and all of us are here for each other ;)

Mom of Tyler ...My daughter is also on Ship 14 Div. 180 !!!!  I received another letter from her today and she is doing better! She was fighting a nasty cold for awhile but is doing better. I asked her after her last phone call if she thought she was going to like it and how she was REALLY doing. (After her first two phone calls..even Mom could not tell :-(   ...She assured me she was doing better and that like ...everyone says...get through Boot Camp and things get much better. She said she has made some friends and has gotten use to following orders. lol...She said the food was actually good ! The cards and letters from her friends and family are a blessing to her and she always says...write write write...they look forward to receiving cards and letters. Hang in there !  T -minus 30 days until we get to see them !  < That is what keeps me functioning !   

Hi All- what's this- party after Sarges meet and greet?  so happy to see many staying at the Navy Lodge- i am too!  I just got an awesome letter from my daughter- she's now the divisions Master at Arms- and doing great-- she's also volunteering for It when others get It because no shipmate should it alone-- i am so proud- I can't wait to meet all of you- My tears have changed to tears of Joy- she wanted this and wow she's really going for it- before we know it- we'll be together and proud of our Daughters and Sons!  divisions 179 and 180 rock!

I have been out of the loop, went back to work a week ago can someone feel me in on what our SR's have been, doing?

Hello All, I received a note from my niece (div 179).She said they had their weapon turnover inspection (9mm) as well as their 2nd physical fitness test. They marched for the division evaluation exam as well as spending time on the weapons firing line over 2 days.They have had seamanship classes as well as a simulation of launching the ship simulator.  Reville is at 4 AM. She and one of her shipmates celebrated their birthdays. No cake but singing did occur. She said that she will have 24-48 hours to report to her A school; so I think she will be reporting to another city for it. She was excited that the division reached the 28th mark. The funny little countdown  clock says 20+ more days.

Thank you for the update!

Baby Monkey Waving

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service