This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Is there any others that have someone in this group?

Views: 1858

Replies to This Discussion

My SR isn't much for writing, and that's okay.  He is who he is.  However, I am still craving information about our guys.  So, ladies, spill the beans.  What's going on?  

I know we are all going through a tough time thinking about the Recruit who died yesterday during his 1 1/2 mile run.  My heart aches and I feel a bit sick to my stomach knowing how this is affecting his family.  He was way too young. It is so hard to understand.

Kidsluvnavy... yes much much too young.. my heart breaks for his family and his ship mates!!  I have cried so much in the past few days .. this was suppose to get easier with time not more emotional :-(  I miss him more now then ever!!!

michelle

some divisions are given FB time to communicate.. they have same PIR 2/3 so maybe if we get lucky !!!!

has anybody got any letters recently? My daughter got a letter that was dated 1/3 but nothing since. He said in his letter to her that they haven't been given much mail and they have to to PT alot. He sounded a bit discourage to her. I hope by now everything is better. My daughter was in the navy as well and she said that they do go through some slup times, tired, and just want it to be over. Hopefully, and I pray that he is getting over it and looking towards the end and works hard. They all have to become a team and do good! I am feeling kinda sad right now!

I forgot to mention that he also said that they perform 3 PIRs before ours. You might check out RTC's page to see if you can see your loved ones!

Annie - We got 3 letters yesterday and my mom got one the day before.  I bumped into my SR's friend and he said that he has gotten 2 letters recently.  It seems my son is very busy writing!  My SR said that finally their division is earning the flags they need and people are starting to cooperate!  This was one of the first letters where he sounded excited because we are only a couple weeks away from graduation.  He said his school in GL doesn't start until Mid March so he thinks he will have liberty..... I don't think they will let him but that is what he has on his mind.  I am sure someone will explain what happens after graduation to our kids soon.  He also told us a funny story about how he "accidentally" was put into Div 911 -  we laughed - he still has his sense of humor!  Would love a call but I feel more than ever that he is doing fine!  Have a great day!

Well maybe it is just my son that doesn't want to write much! I hope they are doing ok,, thank you for reassurance and I guess I am just a worry mom! lol

I am waiting :-)

My wonderful new friends (even though we've never met :) -

Can anyone tell me what time the PIR ceremony will take place on Friday, please? Trying to make the travel plans after arrival into Chicago. And which hotels are closest to RTC?

PIR begins at 9am, Navy Lodge is closest to base other than The Navy gateway Inn which is on base (I think it is on A-school base but not sure) Navy Lodge is right next to the base but about a mile to mile and a half from the gate for PIR.:-)

Lala - I received my ribbon and it is wonderful!! I can't wait to wear it!!
Thank you so much!

Our son doesn't write us. I think we have received 2 letters. His girlfriend tells us what's going on. He must write her. Although I've sent enough postage and a phone card. Lol. We are flying into O'Hare. Then flying out Sunday morning. I've been to Chicago twice in November. Therefore, I have thermals packed and anything for snow gear. IT WAS COLD. Especially along the water. His girlfriend must have links to most sites. I stumbled upon this one myself. As I've said in my profile, we had one son leave earlier than planned for the Marines. October 10. Didn't get a phone call from him, Marines don't call until Liberty Sunday, day after the crucible, January 1. He graduated January 6. They are a 3 month boot camp. He didn't have a steady girlfriend so like he said, I was his biggest fan. No Facebook time either. I have been busy writing both, at the same time, and at Christmas, fixed up a special THANK YOU treat bag for our postal carrier. She's been a great help. I know the Marines had a MOTO run Family Day morning. Which was something to see! But you weren't limited to 4 guests. So our family went. Trying to figure out all the Navy things. Also, made another scrapbook, like I did for our Marine, from the time he left MEPS and so they can add to it. Another Marine mom shared that idea with us on that parent site. Anything anyone can share would be great. Like I said, our info comes late and 2nd handed.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service