This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
anyone have a son in Ship 4 Div 815? PIR July 23rd?

Views: 278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My son has PIR July 23, but he's in Ship 13 Div 244.
My son is Ship 13 Div 247, same PIR day. July 23rd.
my son is ship 13 div 245 PIR july 23
Hi! Yes, my son is on ship 4 div 815. Did we talk before? My son called me last week. It was so good to hear from him. Boot camp sounds a little rough, but he's making it through. Do you know if your son is a grad-n-go or is staying for A school? How long do you think they will be able to stay with their families for the weekend of graduation?
Hey truecarl1, I am glad to meet you! My son called also and his voice sounded so wonderful. Is your son also a SEAL canidate? I guess he must be if they are in the same division. If he is, they stay right where they are to go to pre-BUDS for 8 weeks before they go to San Diego for BUDS training. My son said that he should have the weekend off to spend with us. They have to go back to the base at night but the days are theirs. My son said that it has been rough also but if they do what they are told its ok. Hopefully we will get to spend alot of time with the boys. where are you from. my sons rack mate is from Texas. I am trying to find him! kinda silly but if I can meet his mom I can meet him! we are from NJ. My prayers are with all the boys. Looking forward to meeting you ladies. I may miss the meet and greet. have to work thursday and may fly in too late sorry to say.
Hi Susan721 and Truecarl1, How are you both doing? I hope everything is going well with Ship 4 division 815. I pray for all of them and and all the SRs and families every night. I haven't heard anything since last week when we got a call on Tues and a letter on Thursday. Both were great. He did call his girlfriend instead of me, but that is ok. (I think he is afraid that I would spend some of the precious call time crying). She shared the info and at the time he called, I wouldn't have heard the phone anyway. His letter was good, but not too full of info. The theme seemed to be to keep writing so that his name would be called at mail call. He managed to write three letters last Sunday so they must have gotten a little more time to write. Looking forward to the next letter and phone call. I still don't know how long they will be able to stay with us after PIR. I am hoping that they will be able to stay all weekend since their next stop is Great Lakes anyway. I guess we will learn more soon. We are less than a month to go. They are moving through the process quickly, but I am confused about what day they are on. Take care.
Hey ladies, too funny, my son hasn't made his bed since he was 10. wonder how that's working out? LOL Wish I could hear more about his time, haven't heard anything since the 17th of June. He is not a writer, but I guess if it was bad news I would have herd by now. I'll keep praying that the Lord watches over him and yours.
jdmom65, You made me laugh about your son not making the bed since he was 10. I can identify with that. I am now sitting in my son's bedroom. It is the best place for late night tv watching and N4Ms reading. His bed is unmade, just like he left it when he left on Memorial Day. Take care. Thanks for the laugh. I needed it today. I haven't heard since last week, when his girlfriend got a phone call and we both got a letter. Today is usually letter day. His girlfriend got a letter, but I did not. He said in his letter to her that he didn't have time to write both letters. I hope they weren't being punished for something and got a shorter letter writing time. So as you can see, I did need that laugh. I hope you hear something soon. It is always nice to hear their voice or get a letter. No news is good news. We can all continue to pray for all of them. That will help, I know.
Hi Jane, We got a letter today and I kinda wish I didnt. he sounded miserable. Very homesick. Said he thinks he made big mistake. He was very sick with a fever and sinus infection. they gave him antibiotics and said he is feeling a little better. He told me that they can now write Tues., Thurs, and Sundays sometimes. Hopefully you will get a letter soon. No phone calls this week I guess. Only 3 weeks until PIR!!! just have to keep that in mind. all the boys are also in my prayers.
Thanks, Susan. They must be passing sickness around. My son had a sinus infection and fever as well. He didn't tell me, but did tell his girlfriend during the phone call last week. I know they gave him antibiotics the second time he went to get medicine. I think he doesn't want to worry me so he tells her instead. I am sorry about the tone of your letter today. I think it must be getting really tough for them and especially if they don't feel well. I wouldn't be surprised if many of them are homesick and unsure and just plain exhausted. Maybe it's a blessing I didn't get a letter! I guess all we can do is just keep writing positive letters and keep praying. It is good that there are only 3 weeks left. I really like looking at the countdown clock, don't you? We'll all get through this together. It is just difficult for we moms who are used to trying to "fix everything" to sit back and have no control. I am glad we have this forum to share our thoughts. I need to sign off now. I am up at 2 am again. Fortunately, I am not working tomorrow.
hey jane, don't feel so bad about the phone call. in my son's last letter he said that they were told they would have longer to talk. he said they were cut short. thats why he never called me back. so your son must have thought he would have enough time to call you. Only 20 days to go!!! It is so nice to be able to voice my thoughts knowing that I'm not alone. So thanks ago to all you wonderfull mothers who share this bond of our sons journey.
Susan, Maybe we will get a letter tomorrow if they were allowed to write Tuesday. I am happy it is only 20 days to go. I guess I'm glad that this group is moving quickly, but I know it is hard on them. Enjoy your holiday weekend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service