This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Just got my recruits address and found out he is in Ship 6 DIV 947.  Anyone else have a loved one in this division?

Views: 808

Replies to This Discussion

Hopefully your son is liking it more then my daughter is. I wish i could be there for her. Hopefully we will get a letter and a phone call this week.
Got LETTERS in Indiana! There were 2 for me and my husband and 2 for his girlfriend. He sounds great. First letters were dated August 16th, he was still in p-days and second letters were dated August 29th.

Their mail has started, he was very thankful for all the cards and letters. He said they are a coed division of 85. Had 88 but three were gone pretty early. Age ranges from 18 - 34. He is said sleeping is difficult as they share a barracks that don't have lights out/taps until 2 hours after theirs. (I think that the people in medical rehab or whatever are also in ship 6 - may be why the later taps - from what I have read online)

My son mentioned that he has several great friends already in this division and they are pulling through together and encouraging one another. They have their eyes set on October. He did say they are carrying the state flags. My son is actually carrying a sword called the cutlass.

Check the mail gals! Letters are on their way.
Congrats Honnalora. I can't wait to get home and check the mailbox today. I
could cry right now just thinking of it. I am really happy for everyone who finally got their letters. Hope all your recruits are well. God bless.
I GOT MY FIRST LETTER :0)
I am sooo excited. She sounds very good. I feel so much better
just hearing something! Hope everyone else is getting letters.
I hope he still thinks he made the right decision by joining. I think we will both breath a little easier once we hear from them ourselves. Hopefully now that she is allowed to attend church, and communication with home is more routine, she will start liking it. Once she is out of this, hopefully she will start liking it more ... I hope so!

Hoping today is the day!
I am so happy for all of you that are getting letters. Maybe mine will be here tomorrow in Tex. Its nice to here what is going on in there Div. if you havent gotten any letters yet. Thank you so much for sharing that info.
Got my letter today!! SOOOO excited. All the way into the post office, I kept praying "give me strength if there is not one here today -- please don't let me collapse if there is not one here today". While I was pulling the mail out, my heart was dropping ... looked through the 3 or 4 pieces one more time, squeeled, cried and ran to the car so I could read it without too many obviously looking at me ... especially while I was wiping the tears away!

He is also saying that the 900 divisions have plenty of good motivated people. The sleeping arrangements and public shower is "not cool". (ha!) Says he needs to go to church but they require that the compartment be inspection ready by 1300 but they hold a Bible study every night. He will be carrying the American flag for graduation.

The day that he wrote this, he received like 20 letters. We were hoping for a 1 or 2 sentence letter from him since he hated writing in school.... this is practically a novel, considering! Seriously considering framing it!!
So excited for you! So much great communication. Amazing how much they are willing to write. I was expecting a line or two as best. I am thankful for every word, as I KNOW you are too. After days of waiting, it is so wonderful that you received such an incredible blessing today.

American flag - that is AWESOME! Wondering if our boys know each other. I will write a letter and mention "the person carrying the American flag" and see. My son is carrying the cutlass. Not a flag, but I am sure it will be neat.
I was totally expected a sentence or two at the most! So when I opened, I was totally amazed to see so much. And for it to start out "Dear Momma, I love you and miss you". It took me a few minutes to be able to move passed that point, read the rest of what he wrote. When he visits his dad, I periodically would get a text saying just "hey" ... when I would respond with a "what's up" he would almost always respond with something regarding just wanting to let me know he was thinking about me -- and that one word became code for that so I was half way expecting just "hey" ... and was going to be on cloud 9 for having received it! So, to get an actual letter is like winning the lottery!

As much as he loved NJROTC, being Color Guard Commander, hearing his describing his position in this division ... just instant confirmation that he is without a doubt exactly where he needs to be. This is what he loves. As soon as we realized the significance of their division, we knew that his motivation level went up about 20 notches.

I think that each person in our division is doing something extremely neat and it is cultivating in them a pride both in themselves and in our country that no one will ever be able to touch. I am so glad that we know what they will be carrying ... we will be able to pick them out at graduation ... can't wait for their first performances at PIRs so we can hopefully catch a glimpse of them on the posted pictures, videos!

I am so excited for our recruits! I am going to ask him about your son as well! How exciting!

I am ready for October 8 ... even if I have to sell something to make it there! lol
Can I just say - I think you are incredible! Love your enthusiasm, how much you love your kids, and you are FUNNY! Love it all.
I got my letter. yeah... I'm so excited. She is excited about graduation and holding the flags, She didn't say which one. She said the food was ok and the racks are alittle hard. They dont get yelled at alot, just alot of studying and test. She said that the rdc's are not so bad. She past her swim test. They have not let them recieve any mail yet. Just waiting on a call and the next letter. Does anybody know when picture week is.
Great news! Glad your letter came. I have heard the same of the rdc's, heard they were pretty good. Don't quote me, but I have heard that pictures are around week 4. I will do some checking and report back.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service