This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Anyone else have a loved one on Ship 9, Div. 087?  My son is going to Nuke School in Charleston following PIR.  Like so many of you, I am counting down the days until March 16!!  Hope to see you there:)

Views: 3299

Replies to This Discussion

Minor your SR is great!!! Tell him that!!! TN don't give up very much info. I am so glad some of the SRs got nominated. That is a really great! Was your SR one of them?  Tell your SR to kick TN in the butt for not writing more details to his mother!! He drove me crazy when he was home for giving too many and now that I want details he doesn't.  lol lol

I got a letter today!  I was worried I wouldn't get one.  I guess Pres. Day did push it off a day.  He said last week was Marlin Spike and 087 got a perfect score!  The brother division was talking smack and had to do IT for getting beat by our SRs!  Way to go 087! Hooyah!  Next week is the gas chamber and firefighting.  Week 6 is BS21.  Do we get the "I'm a sailor" call after battle stations? 

Things he misses most: Family, friends, his dog Gus, Music, Cell phone, good looking babes, and being able to NOT make his bed.

Ahhhhh, it was so good to get a letter.

ME 2 ME 2 letter!!!  Talked about the Marlin Spike and 087 ROCKED!!!! He thought maybe they would be able to call again for doing good but he wrote that on Feb 14th. It still may come through. Looks like they had a lot of inspections and test. He called it HEL_ week which was the Feb 18th. Did good on the personal insp and weapon turnover. He said it might not get to write only one letter cause he need to  devote time to sleep and study!! I NEVER thought I would hear him say the word study!! In high school, he'd read something one time and if he got it he got it. But he did grad with honors. He has grown up! Thanks mom for all the info. My SR is not forth going on the info this time!!! When he wrote on Feb 18th it was the 4-1. They must really be pushing them if this is the case!

Your SRs gave up so much information.  I am so going to kick mine in the butt for not telling me more.  They have made such progress these past weeks.  So proud of all of them....

Guys I think our SRs really need our extra prayers this week. They don't call it HECK week for nothing!!

Kitty when the letters start coming in, I can't wait to see what all the SRs has to say!! It is like one big family (which is it) and we get to hear about all our boys!!! The Navy may have them but me spit those boys out!!! It is really good to hear about ALL  of the 087!!!

i just got a letter today an our boys might not make the Hall Of Fame cuz there is a few guys holding them  back but they did good at Marline Spike n i guess thats good n thay can still get the Battle Efficency division i hope it sounds like they are doing so good but a few hold backs

I got a letter on Friday and he told me how they kicked butt at Marline Spike.  Last week was "hell week" but this week should be their final training days before Battlestations 21. 

It's all downhill from here ladies.  19 DAYS to go!  Have a great week everyone:)

I hope everyone is doing great!  It's been quiet.  We are in the teens on the countdown!  Less than 3 weeks!  I went out shopping to look for something "nautical", but didn't find anything.   I may stick with the red, white, and blue I wore to  my oldest son's Air Force Basic Training graduation last year.

Thinking about you and all our SRs.

Got another too. My SR was a down in this letter. Wasn't expecting this. It is hard to hear when they are down and you can't do anything about it. We just tell him to trust in God. Has a mother you all know we want to do more. All of the 087 is in God's hands! I pray for each of them for God to give them strength through HIM and those who don't know HIM will come to know HIM!! Everyone have a Great Day. ONLY 18 more days and this one has already started!!

What date was your son's letter?  I think last week was very tough on them.  Our guys are very strong!! Your next letter or PHONE CALL will be much better:) 

Morale has to be picking up this week.  Just you wait!  I know that the letter we received on Friday the 23rd, dated the 19th, mentioned the "Ice Cream Party"  aka "I scream Fest" that Div.  087 and 088 got to experience.  I think it was an effort to bring them all together one last time to get those last few on board. The message was to give all, not just some. I think you could dub it as "the final beat down."  Now, I think it is a matter of building them up and making them proud.  And y'all know how proud we are.  And if you are proud now... you just wait!  You will have goose bumps, and you will need tissues, but you will be smiling! 

Stay strong, stay positive, stay smiling! 

PS- Pretty soon the ticker is going to say 17 days!!!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service