This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Well I am so happy for you ladies getting to see your boys soon, my son was so disappointed when he hurt his knee and had to ship out of his division more so probably than I was NOT I was so looking forward to seeing him PIR on the 5th he was so proud of his brothers in his division its killing him sitting there not being able to continue on with them. By the grace of god he wasn't slated for seperation only delayed for who knows how long right now but I know he was so proud of 11/244 and I keep playing trivia for them too. Please keep in touch and keep me posted on their progress GO NAVY WOOOOOT.

Views: 338

Replies to This Discussion

Sbarber--He is doing some testing there which is good because that could speed up the time he needs to make up there. He only had two weeks left when they pulled him. I can't talk with medical. He has a lot of PT weekly I know. I feel bad he missed graduation with his group and I know he thinks he will not get a graduation, he will just move on. Very boring there he tells me. His mail got delayed for about 4 days and that made the time go even slower.

My son said the same thing about the mail that was crazy. I was like at the mail box everyday LOL & nothing ugh. Is he sure he won't PIR or is he just going off of what he hears because my understanding was it was still a possibility. I bet its hard being so close to him and not seeing him I know its hard for me and I'm in Texas, I have family in Mattawan MI and they can't have any visitors I understand that in regular training but while in RCU what could it do but lift their spirits. I'm assuming that you are in Wisconsinby your log on name if not I apologize. Is his fracture healing well? My son is in Phase 3 of his PT what about yours? If you don't mind my asking whats his name I will ask Zach if they know each other. My personal email address is egbarber401@hotmail.com if you would rather communicate that way. I pray for them all every night.

I too have a daughter that should be PIR on the 5th but she to is in medical due to her knees. She has been there 4 weeks now and not getting any better. I am not sure nor is she what they are going to do. She has passed everything but the run and battlestations. This is so very frustrating. If they are planning on seperating her then they need to just let her come home and if not then fix her so she can finish BC. Sorry but I miss her so much and as a mother want to be there when she is in pain and hurting.

Yes Ma'am the waiting game surely does stink. My son has said allot of kids are having knee problems I guess the video age is taking its toll. Is your daughter in Ship 4 RCU or Ship 5? If she's not progressing what are they saying? Does she need surgery? Has she signed a medical release or legal release so you can make inquiries on her behalf? If not I surely recommend she does that ASAP. As mom's we want nothing more than to fix everything for them just like when they were babies, it makes me physically ill not to be able to be with my son right now. I so wanted to see his beautiful face on Friday I miss him so much. I feel your pain and your want and need to be there for her. I hope she calls you often and I hope all of your letters are uplifting to her my son said that makes all the difference to him and prayer as well, he never was a very religious boy but he said one of the RDC's gave him a prayer to say and he feels better since he has been praying it. Are they at least allowing her to test out in case it ends up she isn't seperated? It so much going through our minds and the phone calls are so short theres not enough time to get them all out. My email address is in the previous post if you would like to contact me more privately. I will add your precious girl to my prayers tonight. Keep positive for her and yourself as well.

sbarber I believe that we have met. Did your son leave the 8th of June with another guy and girl from Amarillo?

Yes ma'am the one in the glasses from amarillo was my son the other boy was from clovis if you remember and his mom was once in the navy her son was going reserves. I sent an email to you at N4Ms email as I can't reply to yours for some reason it keeps coming back undelivered.

Did you hear if your son is doing battlestations?
No unfortunately he is still in RCU for the knee they are saying 3-4 more weeks possibly :( they have barely let him begin walking the track in freedom hall and put him in pool therapy so he's healing slowly but surely looks like he will be in BC 4mths ugh thats a long time without seeing his face going to try the trivia Tuesday thing on RTC Facebook maybe I can win it one week and get a photo of him and ship 4 at least that would be good. Thanks for asking though. When I spoke to him Saturday he was in better spirits than he had been in awhile so that made me feel better. What are they allowing your son to do? Is his foot healing well? I think my son see's the Dr again tomorrow what about yours? Did they allow him to do BS21 with his foot? This place is so confusing ugh. Hope your son is doing better with the boredom and doing great on his test. I feel for him not being able to PIR thats so special for them and their families. At least he was far enough along he didn't miss so much of his training with his group but that just means he bonded with them more so I know its hard on him and you as well. Keep the good thoughts and letters heading his way. Talk to you soon I hope.
I'm going to your hotmail account so I can say more. Thanks

cool beans ttyl

Sbarber-Did you get my email? I have not heard from you?
No I haven't received anything from you can you resend it please I would love to chat. Thanks

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service